Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

In 7 days I will disappear........ Halo 3

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 02:50 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The wife picked up a copy today. Cant wait to get home and play some
Old 09-25-2007, 03:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well played it for about an hour and a half...not to shabby. the graphic are cool, but on the solo mission, i dont really like how you have to wander around until a little beacon help you on where to go, also there isnt any type of map ive found yet

brett
Old 09-25-2007, 04:21 PM
Banned

our 360 console has blessed us with the three red rings of death this week, just in time for Halo's launch, i don't play the silly thing, but I am bettin a huge stack of money the 12 year old makes the honor roll this semester! btw sure you all know, M$ has upped the warranty on the units to 3 years for the red rings of death issue only. read about the warranty here : http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/sy...htm?WT.svl=nav
Old 09-25-2007, 07:17 PM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
mikmaze,

IIRC, Digital Bullet and T15-firefighter have a fix that usually works when you get the ring of death.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:29 PM

How ya ladies liking halo 3 so far?

Gears of War still owns.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Chapter President

Just finished up playing 3 hours with my son and it rocks. New weapons, vehicles and other cool stuff.
Had to hook it up to the 51" wide screen in HD w/ surround. the wife wasn't oo happy but we were.
It was worth the wait. Ya and the Flood is back.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jrs_dodge_diesel
mikmaze,

IIRC, Digital Bullet and T15-firefighter have a fix that usually works when you get the ring of death.
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=149058

brett
Old 09-25-2007, 09:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We pre-ordered the limited edition, but didn't bother to stand in line with the dorks last night... I just cruised in after lunch today like a real geek and picked up the Limited Edition.

How are y'all liking the Forge?
Old 09-26-2007, 03:58 PM
Banned

yes thanks guys, the fix worked, I got baked potatoes out of the oven that were cooler than that 360 after an hour, but dang after it cooled off, it works like new again thanks so much, a lot more trust here than with a bunch of 12 yo 's mutterin stuff like wrap it in a blanket........
Old 09-26-2007, 04:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mikmaze
yes thanks guys, the fix worked, I got baked potatoes out of the oven that were cooler than that 360 after an hour, but dang after it cooled off, it works like new again thanks so much, a lot more trust here than with a bunch of 12 yo 's mutterin stuff like wrap it in a blanket........
as much as i would like to take full credit, it was britt having the problem and digital bullet having the solution!

halo 3 is awesome! im glad i got the limited edition one instead of the special edition. i heard those got messed up from the packaging and people are having to send them in

brett
Old 09-26-2007, 05:18 PM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

Yep, Halo 3 is awesome. Not playing very well today though. First couple of games I couldn't suck any more than I did. Finally got my rhythm back after a few games though.

A buddy came over today and we played the campaign together and it was pretty fun. Funny thing is, they spent all of this time on the single player game (and it is good no doubt) but no one buys Halo for the single player. It is all about the multiplayer.

Now if I could only time my beat down better.... I'm getting owned with the beat down.

Britt

Old 09-26-2007, 05:42 PM

I'm gonna be playin H3 on a 61" HD Flatscreen with surround sound when my buddy gets a copy. But another friend got that Legendary Edition with the helmet and everything. Have any of y'all had the time to read the Halo Books? Those books are probably the best I've ever read, it has the whole background on master cheif and the whole Spartan plan. Including the health hazards that came with the supplements they gave the Spartans and why not many survived them.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by t-15 firefighter
Yep, Halo 3 is awesome. Not playing very well today though. First couple of games I couldn't suck any more than I did. Finally got my rhythm back after a few games though.

A buddy came over today and we played the campaign together and it was pretty fun. Funny thing is, they spent all of this time on the single player game (and it is good no doubt) but no one buys Halo for the single player. It is all about the multiplayer.

Now if I could only time my beat down better.... I'm getting owned with the beat down.

Britt

ok buddy...im going to look into a wireless thing so i can play online...we will bring the smack down onto whoever shall challege us!

brett
Old 09-26-2007, 06:13 PM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

Originally Posted by rustyshakelford
ok buddy...im going to look into a wireless thing so i can play online...we will bring the smack down onto whoever shall challege us!

brett
Good!!!!! I need all the help I can get!

Britt

Old 09-26-2007, 10:20 PM

PS3's better than 360 anyway...

*stirs the pot*

If Gran Turismo 5 and Metal Gear Solid 4 weren't PS3 exclusives, I probably would have gotten a 360 and would be playing Halo 3 right now.

Quick Reply: In 7 days I will disappear........ Halo 3