Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

A 6.5 ton satellite headed this way and NASA can only give us a 2 hour warning.

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 11:36 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by BigIron70
I wouldn't be worried about a satellite. YU55 asteroid is coming and it will be very close to the Earth when it goes by us on November 8th. It's 400 meters wide and will go between the Earth and the moon, we hope.

http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news171.html
I recently upgraded my foil hat to the commercial grade tin foil so I should be safe. I was going to say that I should be 'ok' but thats not really true.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scotty, make sure you have a foil "man piece" it might be up to you to repopulate the world
Old 09-18-2011, 03:16 PM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

Originally Posted by BigIron70
I wouldn't be worried about a satellite. YU55 asteroid is coming and it will be very close to the Earth when it goes by us on November 8th. It's 400 meters wide and will go between the Earth and the moon, we hope.

http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news171.html
Looks like this one will be ok, the next one is gonna be even closer!! Cool stuff though!

Although classified as a potentially hazardous object, 2005 YU55 poses no threat of an Earth collision over at least the next 100 years. However, this will be the closest approach to date by an object this large that we know about in advance and an event of this type will not happen again until 2028 when asteroid (153814) 2001 WN5 will pass to within 0.6 lunar distances.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by soulezoo
I have some suggestions as to where they could direct it if possible... like Pennsylvania Ave.
my thoughts exactly!
Old 09-19-2011, 08:44 AM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
so? Whats your point 9 volt?
Just cuz you wear spandex does not mean it will make your chair faster. The wind resistance is not in the shape of the chair, its in the shape of your [censored]

BAM!

No worries, his KOMODO MOBILE will discharge before he gets out of his driveway. He needs to slim down a bit in order to even get to the corner of his block.

BAM! BAM!

Wear your shades and LOOK AT MY LEGGS!

good thing you have the same aerodynamic frame as me. round is a shape too! LOL
Old 09-19-2011, 08:47 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Spooler
He better beat me to it. They will be for my go fast chair. I am headed their pretty quick with my knees.

Cbrah, I'll race you in Walmart to see who's chair is faster and can carry the most groceries.....
Your on. Scotty is hosed. his hoopty is not ECO FRIENDLY! LOL
Old 09-19-2011, 10:12 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by bobfbigman
Scotty, make sure you have a foil "man piece" it might be up to you to repopulate the world
Once again, excellent sound advice from one fine site!

Originally Posted by cbrahs
good thing you have the same aerodynamic frame as me. round is a shape too! LOL
Or as some people say...I am big boned. I always thought the shape and sleekness of my melon is what got me through walls...turns out it was the pure strength and integrity of the skull that got me through.

Your on. Scotty is hosed. his hoopty is not ECO FRIENDLY! LOL
Part of my efforts to pursue putting a whoopin on you in the chair race is to have my afterburner stoked up...its a natural thing. Pure energy.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:52 AM
Chapter President

Once again, excellent sound advice from one fine site!

Or as some people say...I am big boned. I always thought the shape and sleekness of my melon is what got me through walls...turns out it was the pure strength and integrity of the skull that got me through.

Part of my efforts to pursue putting a whoopin on you in the chair race is to have my afterburner stoked up...its a natural thing. Pure energy.
well sittin on the lid after eating a big pot of momma's homemade texas style chili could be interesting to say the least. it could go either way. you might win or you will soil your 1 piece 2 tone retirement suit and need to swing by walmart to get more depends and wet wipes!
Old 09-19-2011, 11:11 AM
Top's Younger Twin

well sittin on the lid after eating a big pot of momma's homemade texas style chili could be interesting to say the least. it could go either way. you might win or you will soil your 1 piece 2 tone retirement suit and need to swing by walmart to get more depends and wet wipes!
Sounds like a I win either way. I either launch the KUBOTA MOBILE to a new record or I get to go full contact shopping at Walmart. Probably run into Hat there on his scooter.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:17 AM
Chapter President

could be a 4 way race

you
me
spooer
mad

this could be fun. wonder how long we would be able to race in walmart befor we get 86'd
Old 09-19-2011, 11:28 AM
Top's Younger Twin

A few yrs back we had a race in a local Walmart. Picture four guys at 300 pounds each or greater...I was cart operator 1. I had a 340 pound strongman in the cart. We 'accidently' bumped into a display of metal canning pots as we veered away from the fish tanks.
Cart operator 2 collided with something else before we left.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:31 AM
Chapter President

A few yrs back we had a race in a local Walmart. Picture four guys at 300 pounds each or greater...I was cart operator 1. I had a 340 pound strongman in the cart. We 'accidently' bumped into a display of metal canning pots as we veered away from the fish tanks.
i can see it now but also can see Mad wearing this

http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...mb=xAKvMwowWUE
Old 09-19-2011, 08:53 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOL... This is the exact reason I don't get on the ones provided even though my wife wishes I did. About 15 min. in I am starting to hurt and getting grumpy...LOL Sounds like I have a good size weight advantage.... Only 180lbs sopping wet..... I will make sure I wear my Valentino Rossi helmet for the challenge...
Old 09-23-2011, 08:02 PM

Here it comes,Here it comes, oh wait a minute, expecting it around midnight right over the US now, who knew that Nasa guys were realy just weathermen. accurate my butttt
Old 09-23-2011, 09:06 PM
Old Mopar Aficionado Extraordinaire

They're Egg Heads. What'd you expect?!

Quick Reply: A 6.5 ton satellite headed this way and NASA can only give us a 2 hour warning.