Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

4/15 Hoppy EASTER Breakroom!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 07:17 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Happy Monday all y'all,
Geeze Shorts, thanks for making me feel good as I went to work this morning knowing that you were starting your days off. Wanna trade? You can do all of the budget stuff for me that I am supposed to accomplish this week.

JWBM, that is a pretty fancy dance outfit you got going on there.

Sherod, I am not sure about the economy where you are but in Alberta there are 20 qualified candidates for almost every job opening right now due to the layoffs caused by the crash in the price of oil.

Scotty, Stan, FiverBobo and Lary, thanks for joining the party. The breakrooms have been awfully quiet lately.

DW and I are out the door to a makeup yoga class as our instructur was busy yesterday and couldn't make it to our normal Sunday yoga class.
Old 04-07-2015, 02:30 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Morning!

Stan, affirmative, my sched is all kinds of sideways and inside out. Been in since Thanksgiving and already beginning to look for my more permanent place. No church yet though. I'm never off on the days there is service. As for the schedule, I kind of enjoy the anonymity on some level but I do feel invisible to society and kind of miss it too. Shift makes it hard to do stuff with friends, conduct normal business and really join the world. I do not miss traffic though. It is crazy time when that goes on. I do enjoy what I'm doing though. I know stuff. I'm privy to stuff. I handle stuff. Cool stuff. Scarey stuff. Stressful stuff. Frustrating stuff. Horrific stuff. Hilarious stuff. And much more descriptive word stuff. And as evident by that last not really a sentence but lots of punctuation like they were sentences example, I have a super high level of caffeine intake and tolerance. This is true...

But as far as where I am at work, I've achieved all my basic requirements and I'm officially official (with flare too, one of the highest scores in the state). From here on out it is a matter of continuing training to hit the markers for promotions. No idea where career will go but it's going somewhere. I have settled in enough that I'm getting to spend more attention/time/funds to hobbies again. For that I am glad, it means I'm achieving routine again instead of being in transition mode.

Tallguy, while it sounds tempting to crunch numbers, uhm, you know what? I take that back, does not sound tempting at all

Bob, it is totally a weekend!
Old 04-07-2015, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Shorts
Morning!

Tallguy, while it sounds tempting to crunch numbers, uhm, you know what? I take that back, does not sound tempting at all
Shorts, it is actually rather amusing. When I accepted this latest job back at the start of the year, my new boss took me aside and said 'I would hate for you to have the same the same misconceptions about your job that your predecessor did. There is nothing sexy about being the Manager of IT Finance'.

That being said, we have things we are good at and enjoy and it turns out this job fits me well.

Have a great Tuesday all y'all.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:48 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Getting a few sprinkles today.
Trying to talk the boss into letting me off to have my surgery before they carry me out feet first. Last time someone asked for medical leave they fired her (having a baby) during here leave of absence.
I have no hope of getting anywhere with this company other than unemployed. Our office continues to get gutted and our operations moved to another.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:27 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hi M, tall, coog, Mex, boB, umm...awl ewe foke.

Blah blee blah
Its snowing and blowing here again!
Sux more then an Electrolux.

I've progressed to what I call deep door presses. I hold onto each side of the door frame and at about a 40* degree angle, do my chest presses past the door frame...stretches the pec muscles out nicely.
Start the weights tomorrow.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:45 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Wow, just looked at the clock and could not believe it. I have been up since 4, going like a little banshee hen (uhhh, I guess they go, don't they???), wifey finally brought me some coffee about 9, but never thought to ask about breakfast just assuming I had eaten. Got weak in the knees and realized I was hungry. Soooo, grabbed some quick food and will head back out. Still trying to lock this place down for the invasion of the 2yo twins tomorrow night. Everywhere I look there is something else to grab, drop on the tile floor and break, and run and get something else to drop. Wow. William is a mess - - he is in to everything. We have him pegged as an engineer like his daddy. He tore into everything when he was little. Now he tears into airplanes and redesigns them.

Gotta grab my ph00................................sippy sippy sippy............

Originally Posted by Shorts
Morning!
Bob, it is totally a weekend!
OK, I believe you. You just had me worried. Thought maybe we needed to rustle up a rescue squad and come get you out of whatever happened to you. .......... .................. Hurry and settle in so you can relax a bit.

Originally Posted by Scotty
Its snowing and blowing here again!

I've progressed to what I call deep door presses. Start the weights tomorrow.
Man, I can't believe the weather you guys had up there this year. Sure glad we are having global warming. Maybe that won't happen to you next year. And don't get all rambunctious and hurt yourself. Daddy is not there to slap your fingers when the weights get too heavy. .........................

Refill.................................and back to work. Food later.

AllReadyTiredBob
Old 04-07-2015, 03:23 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Hey Folks..on vaca with the grand kids getting one last big hurrah in before the doc works on my heart...got a little bungee jumping in hoping for the weather to clear so I can go sky diving

Yall stay safe and have a good week end!
Old 04-07-2015, 03:59 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
LAry- have a great time! (Watch your landing and do a good PLF else you will get shorter like your name did!)

Waiting on a big storm to hit, maybe with twisty winds. Looks like nothing but gust front right now, but calling for 60-70 gusts. With all the rain we have had lately, I'm betting on some down trees if it does hit.

HunkeringdownEd
Old 04-07-2015, 05:10 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prayers for ya Larry! I will hold Scotty at the border so you don't faint when you wake from surgery....you know he loves that nurses outfit and turkey baster.... hug dem grankids tight!

good to hear Shorts, caffeinated version was cool. just like you.

Cougar, yikes yes man get that needed stuff done. Call the Seavey camp they would love to have your work knowledge on their team!!! five planes and a robinson 44. Wasilla to girdwood buildings. don't mention you like cats... lol kidding.

angry villagers out on my errands today! cloudy, stormy and 35 degrees. not even flowers are peeking out. oh well, spread cheer as we gooooooo!

still laughing at the idea of a seven footer bending like a tree in yoga.....
not laughing cause he is in better form than I......
Old 04-07-2015, 05:26 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Hey Folks..on vaca with the grand kids getting one last big hurrah in before the doc works on my heart...got a little bungee jumping in hoping for the weather to clear so I can go sky diving
WHAT!!!!!! YOU BIG DUMMY. Just what you need is bungy jumping. That will shake that clot loose, then it ends up in your brain. Shame on you..............................Hey, just make sure it is not your last hurrah, OK??? We need you around to keep LEGGS under control. That is not implying we don't enjoy you too - - we do. YEH.

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
Prayers for ya Larry! I will hold Scotty at the border. still laughing at the idea of a seven footer bending like a tree in yoga.....
Good idea about holding the border. That big character would come down and scare him to death. Interesting your idea of the yoga class. I was picturing him also - - my doc is wanting me to get into a Yoga class. Thinks it would help my back get stronger from old injury. HMM????

Ahhhh, someone is hollering "dinner." Yeh, I like that sound. Gone.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:16 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Up and at them it's oh my it's early I rinsed out the ph00 pot with gojo and gasoline made fresh coffee ph00 hot water sweet tea.

Breakfast today is supplied by Cracker Barrel eat up.
Rain again today and all the joints I've ever messed up hurts like crazy if I knew I was going to live this long I taken better care of myself.

Latter
Old 04-08-2015, 09:40 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
What has happened today? Look at the time and nobody has posted for hours and hours. Was going to make coffee and phoo, but what is the point if nobody is around.

Shorts, thanks for update on your life. Loved the pic.

Coug, hope that your problems are soon resolved.

Lary, good luck. Let us know how well you survived.

Bob, learn this word "NO!" Repeat after me NO

For the rest of you, thanks for posting and have a fantastic day.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:07 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
"Just what you need is bungy jumping. That will shake that clot loose, then it ends up in your brain." Dare I comment?
Wind and clouds here, but not getting any rain worth mentioning. Hope this isn't an indicator of another cold gloomy summer.
DOM says get-er-done. Sending up some help next week to take over. Just waiting on the doc for a revised date.
7-10 days in the hospital, another 3 weeks zero activity, then 6 weeks of limited activity. Limited? Yah right. If it ain't heavy its dang aukword (like trying to spell this word) which is just as bad. I heard bordum is deadly in old folks. I guess I kood use the time to brush up on my spelling. Nah.
Old 04-08-2015, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
still laughing at the idea of a seven footer bending like a tree in yoga.....
not laughing cause he is in better form than I......
JWBM - is that me you are laughing at??
The crazy thing is that the folks in our class range in age from 16 yrs old to 74 yrs old. Some of those ladies over 70 years old blow me away at how good they are at yoga. I just hope that if I keep this up I will be half as flexible and in half as good shape as they are when I am in my 70s!!

All that being said, I still laugh at the idea of me doing yoga!!

Geeze Sherod, watch out for that bad weather. Tornadoes scare the bejeepers out of me!
Old 04-08-2015, 01:50 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Speaking of storms. I'm in Montana, and my son who's holding down called me to tell me that the tall aspen tree near the barn got hit by lightning, made into toothpicks, and 2 other trees are damaged enough that they have to go. No fire, electronics intact. Vice grip holding the ground wire on the tin roof is a bit charred. Counting my blessings.

Beautiful day here in the Cabinet mountains. Will be snowing when I have to break camp and head east through the passes. Go figure.

Quick Reply: 4/15 Hoppy EASTER Breakroom!!!