Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The 3/10-3/16 Breakroom, Dentist and Barbershop

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 08:48 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't get dressed until I get to Wall Mart.
Please no more posts today!!

You have destroyed my well being with the picture of the clown.
There are far more images out there that show worse things, so what the heck is it with that picture that is so disturbing?

You win. I give up. I will never sleep again.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:34 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning gang - - - or - - - hummmm, couldn't be - - -didn't get enough done. No wonder I am hungerrsssry. Oh well, got a lot done.

Originally Posted by chaikwa
Today's thought:
When you are going thru something difficult and wonder where God is, remember, the teacher is always quiet during a test.
Great one and soooo true. Saved that for my class - - excellent thought. Thanks for finding it.

Originally Posted by Bark
I don't get dressed until I get to Wall Mart.
Please no more posts today!!

You have destroyed my well being with the picture of the clown.
There are far more images out there that show worse things, so what the heck is it with that picture that is so disturbing?You win. I give up. I will never sleep again.
Why no sleep - - I gather you have never met Scott before. Good looking cuss. Kinda furry, but otherwise - - uuhhhh - - - well, you know. Look at his picture - - neat guy. Rest well - - he won't hurt you - - just scare you a bit. ............

Hey, ph00 ph00, here I come and outa here I go and do some more damage.

Bob
Old 03-16-2013, 03:18 PM
DTR Mom

Chaikwa, going through old photos I see......didn't know M waxed his chest..

so cold wind chill today, sap is frozen at 20 degrees. unusual. no boil. we brought 35 gallon containers inside the foyer to warm up for tomorrow...
did not expect that.

neighbors and hubby fighting that sinus/allergy stuff. made chocolate cake.
leprechauns snuck in and frosted it white with green shamrocks....creme de menthe somehow too....for the allergy sufferers.

my cousin has sent me five text/pics about CA sun and flowers and all people actually having a life. .........snif, thought she wasn't evil.......
Old 03-16-2013, 03:59 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
Chaikwa, going through old photos I see......didn't know M waxed his chest..

so cold wind chill today, sap is frozen at 20 degrees. unusual. no boil. we brought 35 gallon containers inside the foyer to warm up for tomorrow...
did not expect that.
When sap froze in our tank or buckets, we fished out the ice and discarded it. It's all water, the sugar stays in the liquid. We counted it a blessing ie less firewood to reduce it to syrup.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:44 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Look at his picture - - neat guy. Rest well - - he won't hurt you - - just scare you a bit.
I have never had a problem with clowns----until now.

Heidi I didn't know they still made crčme de menthe anymore. Growing up seemed it was in everybody's home bar.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:58 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Afternooner all y'all. It has been snowing here for the last 24 hours. No major snow but non-stop for an entire day and it does start to add up. Wierd things is how light it is. By March we usually get what we call 'Ontario Snow', it is the really heavy wet stuff that can give you a heart attack after 3 shovels full. This stuff is more like January snow!! I bet FiverBob didn't know there were so many types of snow. The natives in Bark's neighborhood have something like 50 different words for the different types of snow.
I roasted up and deboned 2 chickens this morning and DW made gluten-free perogies all afternoon for celiac niece Tomorrow is gluten-free chicken pot-pies. The carrots and peas for the pies are from our garden last year. It is amazing how well veggies freeze and last when you blanche them within an hour of being picked and then freeze them in vacuum packed bags. They are in the deep freezer within 2 or 3 hour of being in the garden. THOSE veggies will do for me.

Now if ONLY I knew how to get my hands on some western NY maple syrup.....

Play safe folks, keep it between the navigational beacons, keep your head up and keep your stick on the ice.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:47 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Tallguy67
This stuff is more like January snow!! I bet FiverBob didn't know there were so many types of snow.
Now if ONLY I knew how to get my hands on some western NY maple syrup.....
Oh yes FiverBobby does know. Grew up in Cal right under the Sierras. Been in Tahoe with 22' on the ground - - the skiers were using the "A" frame houses at the foot of a hill for ski jumps. Two years in college in Minnesota - - oh yeh. Thought I had the pic of us in our album hitting that heavy stuff with the fiver coming across Glacier Pass heading down out of Alaska. One flake would knock you down on the ground - - - well, almost. Motorcycles abandoned, cars in the ditch -- even the glacier tour bus thingy was not running. And we plodded along trying to get out of the mess. We did. Oh yeh, I know. Why do you think I am Florida? LOL

Well, another week has come and gone - - 'bout time to put this one to bed, clean up the breakroom and get it ready for another week. Been slack this week. Guess we are all too busy. I am heading in with the blonde and then hit the sack. CYA,

Bob
Old 03-16-2013, 08:51 PM
Administrator

Am I gonna hafta get up at 0500 AGAIN tomorrow and give you guys a kick in the... teeth to get you goin'? 6 puny posts all day. Pathetic! I go to all the trouble to make gourmet coffee and what thanks do I get? Nuthin'!

And as if no one showing up isn't bad enough, I get a call this afternoon for a leak in the men's room. This is what I found:

Funny. REEEEAL funny.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:57 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Originally Posted by chaikwa
Am I gonna hafta get up at 0500 AGAIN tomorrow and give you guys a kick in the... teeth to get you goin'? 6 puny posts all day. Pathetic! I go to all the trouble to make gourmet coffee and what thanks do I get? Nuthin'!

And as if no one showing up isn't bad enough, I get a call this afternoon for a leak in the men's room. This is what I found:

Funny. REEEEAL funny.

Umm Chaikwa, that would be a leek
Old 03-16-2013, 09:31 PM
Administrator

That's what they told me on the phone, I already said that. What're you tryin' to do, be funny or something?
Old 03-16-2013, 10:03 PM
DTR Mom

Originally Posted by j_martin
When sap froze in our tank or buckets, we fished out the ice and discarded it. It's all water, the sugar stays in the liquid. We counted it a blessing ie less firewood to reduce it to syrup.
yup, absolutely! you must be a true Mich'gaan man! the containers need it to flow out. was not going to happen. used some of the second batch on sweet potato fries.....mmmmm man that stuff is sweet! class A very light amber (NY standards) top of the line

Originally Posted by Bark
Heidi I didn't know they still made crčme de menthe anymore. Growing up seemed it was in everybody's home bar.
I don't either! this came from the home bar. last use was a covert party by my son and 100 of his friends. appearantly, they left this sealed.
my other choice was an airline lil bottle of Pep. schnapp's at 100 proof.

have to report that in defiance of the artic wind and snow today, I grilled on the bbq. 2 thick steaks; sweet potato fries & steaming hot corn.
cat, me and hubby on the couch and watched Hunger Games and ate some cake. so that's what a date would be like.......hmmmm.

gotta agree with FiverSuperBob: tiyad of this week, let's do better!!!
Old 03-16-2013, 10:06 PM
DTR Mom

as in, the Springtime tradition of ........wait for it.........

taking a leek.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:53 PM

Love **** a Leekie Soup but don't think I would eat it if chaikwa cooked it.

That's too funny. Web site wont let me use the name of a traditional Scottish dish.

Wonder what happens when a rooster goes **** a doodle doo on this site.

That doesn't work either.
Wow, I am really easily amused today
Old 03-17-2013, 12:48 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Wonder if I can **** my gun?

Nope, nanny won't let me do it.