Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The 3/10-3/16 Breakroom, Dentist and Barbershop

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
WOW, another wonderful day trying to get on the forum. Tried early this morning on the way out the door - - hit it five times with no luch - - left.
Yeah, isn't it wonderful?
Old 03-12-2013, 01:32 PM
REALLY old dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ME THINKS A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE RE-VISITING THEIR YOUTH !

YOU REMBER WHEN ON FRIDAY NIGHT YOU WENT OUT AND DRANK UNTIL YOU PUKED ON THE TOES OF YOUR SHOES & CALLED IT A GOOD TIME !

YOU KNOW THE GOOD OLD DAYS !

Claude
Old 03-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Bobby...u come in here with that painted on Speedo and ewe expect a clean room...lol
whoops.

Then there was the time we borrowed a military bus and took it off base...I was sober...hence the reason I drove...my two buddies that had arranged some entertainment for a group of foreign visitors needed a sober driver. MyMyMy...if anyone had figured out I wasn't military and the bus was over the International Border etc etc.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:28 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cincydiesel
Alcohol and Farm animals can lead to really strange addictions..
yea, like bull riding and saddle-bronc's......

evening all.. I semi-remember once party-ing with some German girls off a cruise ship that stopped in Nassau while we were on port-a-call there... woke up a few days later on a beach in Mexico, with NO idea how I got there... was AWOL, missed movement( which means the ship sailed without me)... cost me two months pay and a stripe for 6 months...good times! it was a growth experience though, I got to experience a Mexican jail...

Not much happening this evening, THE BOSS has gone to Az to visit her folks, so I am a bachelor for a few days... good time to shop for a new truck.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:30 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Ohhhh, a new truck. That should make your wife happy.

Gawd you guys crack me up.
I thought I was the only person who had an embarrasing barf incident.
Scotty, like you I find it can be pretty fun being the only sober person in a group. Wish I had figured that out earlier in life.
Guess Fiverbob is going to either pretend he has never been stupid or plead the fifth.

-Get this, My Dr. at the clinic is on vacation and they have some temp gal filling in.
I went there today to get my BP meds and stuff renewed. It was really busy.
-Normally with a new Doctor they introduce themselves and chat for a moment but she came in after the nurse was done with my vitals and stuff
and with no intro, immediatly starts telling me that Low Testosterone is normal but it usually doesnt occur in people my age.
-Than she started asking some really personal questions including how I was uh,-responding to my girlfriend or boyfriend.
-She had the wrong chart. Im glad I wasn't getting surgery done.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Bark
Ohhhh, a new truck. That should make your wife happy.
THE BOSS enjoys these trucks as much as I do and has been known to sneer at gassers on occasion

She wants something more comfortable than my 20 yr old 1st gen so I am looking at this one:

Laramie package with leather seats and such... not sure I want a "nice" truck tho.... how ya gonna stack 75 square bales of hay in the back of that without scratching the paint??
Old 03-12-2013, 10:18 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Laramie package with leather seats and such... not sure I want a "nice" truck tho.... how ya gonna stack 75 square bales of hay in the back of that without scratching the paint??
I wound up owning 2 first gen 1 tons. 1 to show off and pull the fiver and boat string, and the other for in the woods and hauling.......bull byproducts.

They run out about the same. Haven't gotten around to fixing the normal bent and vibrating drive shaft in the work truck.

Need another one for parts.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by j_martin
I wound up owning 2 first gen 1 tons. 1 to show off and pull the fiver and boat string, and the other for in the woods and hauling.......bull byproducts.

They run out about the same. Haven't gotten around to fixing the normal bent and vibrating drive shaft in the work truck.

Need another one for parts.
yea, I am on my fourth right now.3 W350's with the 'rag and this D350 auto. kinda love'em and hate 'em huh?
I may keep the 1st gen for hauling hay, and use the newer one for taking THE BOSS out and for pulling the bass boat...and NO that does NOT mean I require a one-ton to take THE BOSS somewhere...figure I better put that out there before someone makes a wise-akker comment..
tho, I dont care much for the auto and HATE that its 2wd..
Old 03-12-2013, 11:29 PM
DTR Mom

WHO MADE THIS MESS?! (just like the walking dead commercial)

points to floor "clean this up". exits stage right looking...um....deadly.

great to see you guys, not so much on the reading parts though.

had some house guests, second son getting his bike ready for spring, if it ever decides to stop snowing...

ready for first outside boil of sap. have thirty gallons in two days. but snow tomorrow high winds. sheesh.
took guests to great pancake house only open two months, they loved it (all U can eat pancakes plus )and I got to ask the syrup wizard a question.

they process sap in the basement, place has run since the 50s. they tap 10,000 trees. sap pours in from a three inch supply line.
I felt the clouds parted and a bright light shone .....awesome to get tips and encouragement from the best o' de best.

kinda like here.....only not queasy feeling.

Fronty- stay with the fronty....more style/less cost.
SuperCoastie-Rodeo truck pretty dodge!!! black trucks clean up nice!

Bark, you like your cardio test? the one where she asked you about your boyfriend...
Scottydepends- follow your dreams! left-arm-connected-to-the-leggbone
Scottonthebeach- sounds like a bad drink.

finished apt/dumpbox and have no energy for my harley....early PT tomorrow, they are going to put me on a treadmill in the water....like a rich race horse.....I don't feel like being nice about it. felt better about traction on my back, not the other kind.....going off to kick rocks.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:56 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

You would have to tune in on a day full of topics like puking on animals and other "impotent" subjects .

[.. how ya gonna stack 75 square bales of hay in the back of that without scratching the paint??
Yeah, my sister gives me a hard time when I help her pick up hay in OR.
I have to put carboard and tarps all over, still dont stack over the sides and still get scratches.
With her second gen she stacks to the sky and with her older wt/gry paint it never scratches her truck.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Bark

Yeah, my sister gives me a hard time when I help her pick up hay in OR.
I have to put carboard and tarps all over, still dont stack over the sides and still get scratches.
With her second gen she stacks to the sky and with her older wt/gry paint it never scratches her truck.
Guess I may be looking for a trailer too if I get the newer truck..

Good Morning all, off to the races! Caffeine, nicotine, Benzedrine and wish me luck!

Have a quality DTR Day all!!
Old 03-13-2013, 07:14 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
WHO MADE THIS MESS?!
You find it, you clean it!

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
... not so much on the reading parts though.
Stop lookin' at our parts!

Caffeine, nicotine, Benzedrine and wish me luck!
What's Benzedrine for, PMS?

Only took 3 tries to get in this morning, maybe it'll be a good day!

Wednesday, March 13th.

1639 - Harvard University was named for clergyman John Harvard.

1660 - A statute was passed limiting the sale of slaves in the colony of Virginia.

1777 - The U.S. Congress ordered its European envoys to appeal to high-ranking foreign officers to send troops to reinforce the American army.

1861 - Jefferson Davis signed a bill authorizing slaves to be used as soldiers for the Confederacy.

1868 - The U.S. Senate began the impeachment trial of President Andrew Johnson.

1877 - Chester Greenwood patented the earmuff.

1884 - Standard time was adopted throughout the U.S.

1911 - The U.S. Supreme Court approved corporate tax law.

1925 - A law in Tennessee prohibited the teaching of evolution.

1930 - It was announced that the planet Pluto had been discovered by scientist Clyde Tombaugh at the Lowell Observatory.

1933 - U.S. banks began to re-open after a "holiday" that had been declared by President Roosevelt.

1935 - Three-thousand-year-old archives were found in Jerusalem confirming some biblical history.

1941 - Adolf Hitler issued an edict calling for an invasion of the U.S.S.R.

1943 - Japanese forces ended their attack on the American troops on Hill 700 in Bougainville.

1957 - Jimmy Hoffa was arrested by the FBI on bribery charges.

1969 - The Apollo 9 astronauts returned to Earth after the conclusion of a mission that included the successful testing of the Lunar Module.

1970 - Cambodia ordered Hanoi and Viet Cong troops to leave.

1970 - Digital Equipment Corp. introduced the PDP-11 minicomputer.

1974 - An embargo imposed by Arab oil-producing countries was lifted.

1980 - A jury in Winamac, IN, found Ford Motor Company innocent of reckless homicide in the deaths of three young women that had been riding in a Ford Pinto.

1991 - Exxon paid $1 billion in fines and for the clean-up of the Alaskan oil spill.

2003 - Japan sent a destroyer to the Sea of Japan amid reports that North Korea was planning to test an intermediate-range ballistic missile.

Thought for the day:
To be upset over what you don't have is to waste what you do have. ~Ken S. Keyes, Jr., Handbook to Higher Consciousness

I am sitting here at day 2 of a 'professional development' conference of juvenile firesetter treatment personnel, listening to a presenter, who is a cop, apologize before he even starts his presentation for the swearing he's going to do. Really? I'm no prude and I do my share of swearing, but when you can't control what comes out of your mouth for an hour, maybe it's time to look at what else you can't control in your life!

C0ffee & ph00 are ready for y00!
Old 03-13-2013, 08:03 AM
Administrator

C'mon people, up an' at 'em! I didn't work my tail off to get in here this morning, just so I can sit here all alone!
Old 03-13-2013, 08:23 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Hi, just a quick pit stop. Read back a couple of pages and think that this weeks breakroom is misnamed. It should read Breakroom, Dentist and Barbarian shop What puking subject matter!

Heading out this evening for a very long long trip back to China. Could not get the flights or routes I wanted, so am forced to endure long layovers at 3 airports, Mexico City, San Francisco and Beijing. Leave here on my Wednesday and arrive at my destination on their Friday around midnight. In air time (18.6 hours) plus layovers comes to 36 hours. Not fun! In a couple of hours will be putting my truck back in hibernation. Hate to do that. Will be back for more R & R in July.

Will stop by here occasionally and check on what shenanigans y'all are in to now. Yeah, I know, nobody will miss me. Sniff, sniff.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:41 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Yeah, I know, nobody will miss me. Sniff, sniff.
Aw Stan, you KNOW I'll miss you!

Travel safe!

Quick Reply: The 3/10-3/16 Breakroom, Dentist and Barbershop