Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

12 step program

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12 step program

Is there a 12 step program for DTR addicts?

When I am through reading all threads pertaining(sp) to me here, I go to TDR, then CF and it is really eating up my day.

If you guys would post less I wouldn't have to be here anymore. I don't even have the time to look at adult images on the net anymore. ( my wife says the internet was made so men could look at adult images. I SAY NOOO it is for trucks and cars)

I have decided I want Dwiggs to adopt me. I need to take a trip to see the concrete bedliner, i need to google CRUEL Jeans ( what kinda name is that for JEans?) The sad part is I NEVER go in the 1st or 2nd gen forums. I am waiting around now for 3 weeks for a programmer and my checkbook is crying. It was happy that Xmas was over but Predator AEM and Best Buy are fixing to hit me hard.

Thank God the wife and I have separate checkbooks because she would be kickin me where it hurts if she knew what I was doing

Can you please reccommend a shrink or something ? AA for diesels Anything
Thanks!

PS I need a SHRINK that can write perscriptions because all the 4x2 girly truck comments are giving me anxiety attacks! ( I wonder if I can get a scrip for NOS that way my power adder could be a tax deduction)
Old 01-17-2007, 02:25 PM

AND NO ONE CARES! That hurts even more!

OR maybe all of ya'll are in DENIAL!
Old 01-17-2007, 03:22 PM

"Thank God the wife and I have separate checkbooks because she would be kickin me where it hurts if she knew what I was doing "

hmm, easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission..

Now, if you ever get to the point when you can decipher which one is Geico and which one is Begle 1 in a lineup, you are addicted. I heard them two are twins..
Old 01-17-2007, 04:01 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Wifey's used to it by now. She doesn't even ask what it is, or what it costs.
She just calls and tells me "The UPS guy dropped another box off for you"......

BTW, my new replacement Sport headlights showed up today.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:02 PM
Banned

you want us to feel sorry for you because you have no self control over your spending problem? not getting any from me buddy. how do you think i got to 500hp? huh? i got bigger problems than you pal. you think you spend too much time and money on the truck and DTR? i am almost to 2000 posts, in august i was at 500. can I get a hug?
Old 01-17-2007, 04:07 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, the first step in the recovery process for any addiction is admitting you have a problem.

I have just reduced myself to admitting weakness in ALL vices. Spending money, women, drugs, gambling. I can't be trusted near any of it.

Sticking to the LEGAL stuff is always a good thing though, at least you can't get locked up for messing with your truck.

Or cannnnnnn you?
Old 01-17-2007, 05:00 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HappyGA
Now, if you ever get to the point when you can decipher which one is Geico and which one is Begle 1 in a lineup, you are addicted. I heard them two are twins..
What!?! Are you kidding?

Twins!?!

It is not hard to tell us apart; I use semi-colons, Geico doesn't.

Get your act together, man!
Old 01-17-2007, 05:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well in 1st gen we warn everyone about this addictionm im so sorry but theres no cure but one. So unless you want to drive a stroker, be a man and buck up.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:54 PM

I was just going to buy an Edge Juice w/ Attitude for my truck before I joined. That plan has been tossed to the side and new, more expensive ideas have come to mind. The only thing I blame DTR for is opening my eyes to all the wallet draining possibilities.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:57 PM

You know what is sad! I started this thread when it was a dead time online because you guys weren't posting! I was kinda lonely on the WWW.
But I did read about the maroon truck and I did see how many times Mr.ellis had to edit that Bryant/college station thread!

Them guys ARE FUNNY!
Old 01-18-2007, 02:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This site is very addicting and it does monopolize way to much of my time. I can't even begin to read every thread anymore as much as the site has grown since I first got on it.

I am really jealous of the guys who are able to browse around on the internet while at work and stay caught up on DTR while "on the clock". I'd love to be able to come home and do other things, but I feel compelled to stay caught up here.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:22 AM

I consider it therapy

Haven't been here that long, but its winter so I set in my Den with a wood stove, satalite tv and dialup...I bounce back and forth thru 4-5 sites. Helps with cabin fever.

SAD...Seasonal affective disorder
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasona...ctive_disorder
Old 01-18-2007, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by AkTallPaul
Haven't been here that long, but its winter so I set in my Den with a wood stove, satalite tv and dialup...I bounce back and forth thru 4-5 sites. Helps with cabin fever.

SAD...Seasonal affective disorder
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasona...ctive_disorder
This place does hit the Pocketbook like THERAPY does.