Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***WATERCOOLER Dec 11 - Dec 17***

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 06:06 AM
JKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning.

CD - "both barrels" . Hope you're feeling better

Scotty - "eye-cepts"

Don - I don't know about "rough around the edges". Sure looks jam up to me.

Had a minor ice storm lastnight. 2 hour delays and closings abound. Wonder how many are gonna lay out of work today ?

Fiverbob - I saw something big and white in the sky on my way in. No, it was not the moon. Looked like it was moving as fast as my truck and heading south. I better call my folks and tell'em to hunker down.

Ya'll have a good one - JKE
Old 12-15-2005, 06:33 AM

Chris and Ed,
Glad you are getting to feeling better (just stay on your side of the DTR, I don't want to catch anything).
Nice brisk morning here today, 36*, no wind and a full moon when I left.
Things are starting to slow down here as people are getting into vacation mode. Some people already gone, some fixin' to leave. I'm off Friday the 23rd and don't have to come back until Jan 3rd. Not going home, so I will be looking for something to do (and do not start sending me your chores list).

~Rob
Old 12-15-2005, 06:53 AM

Chocolate chip cookies, Hershey Kiss cookies and pizzelles at my desk (Italian cookie that has a black licorice flavor due to the anise oil in it).
The pizzelles are really good with coffee

~Rob
Old 12-15-2005, 06:57 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hotdram
Chris and Ed,
Not going home, so I will be looking for something to do ( start sending me your chores list).
~Rob
well lets see...... Ya can help me finish teh walls in teh master bedroom, they need mudded and sanded yet,
the horse pen needs cleaned, tractor is broke down so we're doin it by hand and weelbarrow,
Got a few thousand feet of fence still in progress, can ya dig a good post hole? ( again, tractor is down, so grab apost hole digger..)
then theres the stalls that i havent gotten started on yet, and the wood shed thats in peices on teh ground waiting to be put up, a huge pile of downed trees that needs cut up and cleared, teh sewage lagoon is overgrown with duckweed, that all needs screened off teh top, .....

How much time did ya say you had?????
Old 12-15-2005, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Chris and Ed,
Not going home, so I will be looking for something to do ( start sending me your chores list).
~Rob
Talk about being taken out of context (and hearing what you want to hear)

~Rob
Old 12-15-2005, 07:04 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Awwwwright, where's my toilet brush? I've looked in all the usual places that I'm apt to set it down; vegetable bin in the refrigerator, that empty candy dish in Top's closet, (the one he puts out every year about this time), I even checked the punch bowl we use for DTR parties that's under the sink. NUTHIN'! I NEED my toilet brush!

And who made this garbage in the coffee pot??? It's LIQUID! And it has absolutely NO taste!

ARRRRRGH!

Rob, long as you're gonna be off and lookin' for something to do next week, maybe you could take over my duties. I'll leave instructions on how to make the coffee the RIGHT way. Someone else made it this AM, and now Chris and Shovel ain't feelin' so good.

chaikwa.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:05 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it worth a try isint it???
Old 12-15-2005, 08:32 AM

Chaikwa...

All I can say is

And I'm still about it!
Old 12-15-2005, 09:18 AM

Mornin' Y'all,

ICE!!! Everywhere! I don’t like ice unless it’s in my tea.

I won’t be going anywhere today. Dually’s and ice don’t mix.

Just going to stay in where it’s warm and dry do some cooking and sewing like a good little wife.

Oh crap, the dogs have to go out and the patio is like a skating rink. Hope I can stay upright.

Y’all be safe out there today!
Old 12-15-2005, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Flashdancr
Oh crap, the dogs have to go out and the patio is like a skating rink. Hope I can stay upright.

Y’all be safe out there today!
Hope the dogs don't end up stuck to the patio, if you know what I mean

~Rob
Old 12-15-2005, 09:52 AM

The big dog stuck her nose out turned around and went back to the couch, she can hold it for days.
The little dog blasted out slid on his butt down the stairs and half way across the patio before he stopped. He shot up under the 5ver did his business and came back to the stairs. He couldn’t get enough traction to get up so I laid on my belly grabbed his collar and pulled him in.
I wasn’t about to try to go out there. I would have hurt myself.
Man, is it nasty out there.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:13 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Well, looking into some snow chains today. Looks like Napa has some at a good price, if they don't take all winter to get them. Had a heck of a time geting up the hill last night. It warmed up a bit. The sleet and mushy snow lubricated the hill and it took a few runs and burn outs. 150,000 miles on the Camry and the tranny and CV joints probably won't take a heck of a lot more of that. Fired the beast up and got the lane plowed. Finally got to bed around 2:30. Today's gonna be a 3-pot day.

Chaikwa, Mike probably just needed a break from your "coffee". Did you check your floorboard for the bowlbrush? Seems like I saw you cleaning your windshield with it.... or were you cleaning your welds?
Old 12-15-2005, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Pucker Factor = 8.5 today,,,,,,

Ride to work this morning was fine till I got on the interstate. Running about 60 and the roads looked fine,,,, saw flashers and brake lights at the first bridge,,,,, 4 victims spun into the median,,, bridge was like a sheet of ice and I crossed it about 30mph with no problem. Made mental note to SLOW down weel before any of the rest of the bridges,,,,, good thing too,,,,, second one I came to had me sideways at 30mph. this was without touching the brakes or throttle,,,,, bridge had slight banking and truck was sliding to the lower side. Applied throttle gingerly and corrected enough to get going back in a straight enough line to make it off the bridge. Two other cars not so lucky,,,,, one into the gaurdrail and one into the jersey wall on the other side. Do ya think that would give most folks a clue?,,,,, NOPE,,,,, they want to go right back to running 70mph again! I stuck with 55 and slowed to 35 at the rest of the bridges and overpasses till I got off at my exit.

Y'all have a safe one out there today.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:59 AM
JKE

Wife just called. Pine uprooted and fell on the power lines next to the house. Power is out.

Looks like I'll be cooking dinner on the grill tonight. Making the best of a bad sittuation.

Still raining and gonna freeze over tonight.

You folks north of me be careful out there. - JKE
Old 12-15-2005, 11:01 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Chaikwa last time I saw your toilet brush Dennis was combing out his beard with it....might check under his desk for it

Man cold here and I have to go out and meet a trucker bringing in a present I ordered for my Wife. He doesn't want to try to get up the mountain, so the mountain will go to him

Somebody go start the truck for me and bring it up to the garage, I really don't feel like sliding my way to it right now.........perhaps if I crawled to it I could save the hurt I know is coming when my feet shoot out from under me on this ice.

tryingtotrainthedogtodriveLary

Quick Reply: ***WATERCOOLER Dec 11 - Dec 17***