Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***FREE BEER & TOILET PAPER BREAKROOM - 4/14 to 4/20***

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 02:45 PM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
shoot, shovel and shut up.
You got it!!! But, then the "do gooders" would raise all kinda crap saying it was in-humane!!!!! Oh God, I'm getting worked up again.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:07 PM
DTR Mom

tenant has five people assembling new furniture, setting up displays, organizing, us cutting this or affixing that, burning empty boxes...
like partying with Donald trump...

worked on my harley that harley parts won't fit.
fitted out tractor parts( of all things), some grinding for fit, gloss black paint over chrome for smoked look, had some old firetruck 18 k gold paint for hand trim details, bent in black handlebars to 28 inch. never know to look at the handlebars/risers that an old lady did it.

got '46 tool box and '52 rear luggage rack to put on it. like taking care of a favorite horse....

dodged raindrops, even had an ice cream cone living recklessly today.

relax justin, pretend you are an Obama fan and everything will be right.

oh gosh, now i am getting geared up
Old 04-16-2013, 09:08 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
JWBM,
If you need more bath bubbles, you just let me know. Before ANYONE asks me anything bizarre about that comment, I justhappen to know somene who owns a home business in Grafton, WV that makes custom bath and soap products.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:40 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning gang - - see the janitor is not up yet, so coffee, ph00, hot water for Claude all done and on the counter awaiting your arrival. Gorgeous morning after a very nice gentle rain early last evening. Have to get out there and start laying pavers.

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
JWBM,
If you need more bath bubbles, you just let me know. Before ANYONE asks me anything bizarre about that comment, I justhappen to know somene who owns a home business in Grafton, WV that makes custom bath and soap products.
Gee I am glad you cleared that one up - - had me worried.

Bob
Old 04-17-2013, 08:02 AM

Howdy Howdy Everybody. I'm too tired this morning to get worked up like yesterday. I'd really LOVE to go to bed but I have a final exam today and tomorrow. Bob.....you did a wonderful job on the coffee this morning!! Wifey was nice enough to have some eggs cooked up for me when I got home from work a little while ago......bless her heart....I do love her!!

Guess today is a waiting game....storms should be moving in sometime later today or tonight....weather people ain't sure which it is.

History Lesson: On this site in 1960 nothing happened!!

There, how was that? I know it's nothing like a certain someones lessons but he ain't even showed his face in here yet today!! Gettin me another cup and I'm outta here.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by jhenson
History Lesson: On this site in 1960 nothing happened!!
On this day in 1685, I did nothing!

Going in to have my neck and shoulders worked on. Dang wind has some bite to it today. High humidity, cuts right through everything then your legs feel wet when you get back on the 4-wheeler. Almost have all the pastures done. Couple t-posts on one, then hopefully the last one doesn't need a ton of posts or anything. We put a bunch in last year, and most of it is hi-tensile, so it shouldn't take much. Really hoping it doesn't take much.

Preg checking fall cows and hauling them to pasture Friday, then hauling the rest back to pasture Monday. Shaping up to be a long weekend, even if I get my 2-day weekend.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:11 PM

WOW!!!! Cattle rancher, JWBM, TG, and myself......that's it?? Oh, and Bobby too, HE made the coffee this morning. Talk about a slow day.

Decided to go ahead and knock out both final exams today and aced them both!!! Kudos to me...yep! Alright, gonna head outside and try to accomplish something before the storms arrive. Later.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:41 PM
DTR Mom

CONGRATS JUSTIN!!!! yay, on the tests. here's a cupcake!

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
JWBM,
heheh Iwasn't gonna say a thing.....snicker snicker

in honor of the one sunny day we fired up the hot tub, got to do the chemical check but it might be above 80 by now. still on electric, haven't hooked it up to the wood boiler (where it would be at temp in about ten minutes.)
running propane furnace but tenant has hydronic heat at 85. I can only stay in there about five minutes....not used to that. 52 is T shirt weather here.

ran stone n gravel today, used tractor to grade driveway. nice to not think.
pushin a rock! pushin a rock! pushin a rock! HEY LOOK, I am T Rad!!!!
power line guys cutting trees on the property too, lotsa firewood! gonna need that hot tub ...Fiver too if he does pavers...
Old 04-17-2013, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
CONGRATS JUSTIN!!!! yay, on the tests. here's a cupcake!
That will probably go well with a few of these
Thanks Heidi. Still slow in here.....everyone must be on the hunt for the marathon perps!!
Old 04-17-2013, 09:41 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hi...bye

Old 04-17-2013, 09:56 PM
DTR Mom

hm. no neck spent no time here. ugh.

hot tub felt guuuuuuuuud. 42 degrees, mild wind, all stars ahhhhhhh!

well, leaving out the fake dougnuts...let's see who stops in tomorrow AM.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:38 AM

Got another appt for next week for my back. Sure felt good getting it worked on.

Didn't shoot pool tonight. One of the girls on the team needed to play to be eligible for regionals. And I was on, too, team captain's kid couldn't beat me playing warm-up games. But I can't beat the guy I would have had to play, either.

When I was talked into playing again this session I was told there are a couple girls on the team. The one ended up not joining, knew her from Subway, swear she told me she was 22-23 (would make her 23-24 now) at the time. Found out Monday she's just 21. The other two are 20. I have to draw a line somewhere and I think about 7 years younger is about where it's at. Not like I have much of a chance with anyone. My luck the single (and better looking) one would be gay anyhow.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:31 AM
Administrator

***JUSTIN - (JHenson)*** Check in to let us know you're ok. (Big explosion down that way last night, 600+hurt, 60-70 killed, at least 2 of which were EMS personnel and 6 firefighters.)

Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
My luck the single (and better looking) one would be gay anyhow.
How would that be lucky? Are you trying to tell us something?

Morning all.

It occurred to me last night, as I watched everyone at a Bruin's game sing the National Anthem, that if everyone in this country would just stick together, we wouldn't NEED the government to 'protect' us.

It is Thursday, April 18th, and on this date, LOTS of things happened!

1676 - Sudbury, Massachusetts, was attacked by Indians.

1775 - American revolutionaries Paul Revere, William Dawes and Samuel Prescott rode though the towns of Massachusetts giving the warning that "the Regulars are coming out." Later, the phrase "the British are coming" was attributed to Revere.

1818 - A regiment of Indians and blacks were defeated at the Battle of Suwann, in Florida, ending the first Seminole War.

1847 - U.S. troops defeated almost 17,000 Mexican soldiers commanded by Santa Anna at Cerro Gordo. (Mexican-American War)

1861 - Colonel Robert E. Lee turned down an offer to command the Union armies during the U.S. Civil War.

1906 - San Francisco, CA, was hit with an earthquake. The original death toll was cited at about 700. Later information indicated that the death toll may have been 3 to 4 times the original estimate.

1942 - James H. Doolittle and his squadron, from the USS Hornet, raided Tokyo and other Japanese cities.

1942 - The Vichy government capitulated to Adolf Hitler and invited Pierre Laval to form a new government in France.

1943 - Traveling in a bomber, Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, was shot down by American P-38 fighters.

1945 - American war correspondent Ernie Pyle was killed by Japanese gunfire on the Pacific island of Ie Shima, off Okinawa. He was 44 years old.

1955 - Albert Einstein died.

2002 - The Amtrack Auto Train derailed in a remote area of north Florida. Four people were killed and 133 were injured.

Today's thought:
Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets…You may get killed with your own gun, but he’ll have to beat you to death with it, cause it’ll be empty.

C0ffee & ph00 are ready. Hazelnut Mackerel plavour ph00 today!
Old 04-18-2013, 07:49 AM

We're okay in Waco.......the small community of West, Texas is not so lucky!!! They suffered MASSIVE devestation last night. Started a new thread on it just now. I'm heading out there in a bit to help some of our close friends gather up what they have left. They got out of their house and on the road about 1 MINUTE before the fert. company exploded!!!!!

Grabbing some coffee and hitting the road. Will keep ya'll posted.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:54 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Mornin' all - - nuther nice warm day down this way from the looks of it. Nice the janitor came around today -- good going, Scott. UUUHHH, BUUUTTTT, hazelnut mackeral ph00????...........................OK, be back in a minute.

OK, back. Filter the ph00 thru my fine fish net, got the mackeral out - - .........................hmmm, not bad. Never know some nut messed around with a good thing............

Originally Posted by jhenson
Decided to go ahead and knock out both final exams today and aced them both!!! Kudos to me...yep! Alright, gonna head outside and try to accomplish something before the storms arrive. Later.
Good going - - - kudos is right. Sic'em. Hope all is OK your way - - - explosions and nasty weather. Watched them tracking that huge storm a little last night - - - wild night that's for sure.
(edit) - - you were posting while I was filtering that stupid ph00. Glad all is well with you and best wishes for your friends.

Originally Posted by Scotty
Hi...bye....
Well, everything is normal from that part of the world. Hi .....bye.....back, big boy - - - hey, you left your pampers behind - - hope you had one ON your behind.........

OK, filling the cup and off to perform amazing feats for the day. Hmmm, what shall they be today - - -fishing, that's it (I wish). See ya,

Bob

Quick Reply: ***FREE BEER & TOILET PAPER BREAKROOM - 4/14 to 4/20***