Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***DTR Diesel Deli 05/13/07 - 05/19/07 All Brands Welcome***

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mornin.

Just as predicted the rain is falling, just a gentle drizzle, misty type of rain. Good day to catch up on things that have to be done inside.

Notice that I''m not at work.. all the furnace work is done. Glad they only did five. Should have been laid off but they have a couple of weeks of fabricating to do and need extra help. SS and 36'' carbon. Should be fun as I have worked with some of the other guys in the shop before. It's close to home and can have a few giggles with them and catch up on things.

md-rebel welcome to the party, I mean break room.

sherod stop by when you can and say hi, enjoyed reading some of your posts. Good luck in what ever you do in the future.

laugh at the former college boy who now works for a living sorting chemical orders and is asleep by 7:30PM (evil parent laugh)
JWBM Thats funny, I sure can relate to that. When the daughter moved out she did the same thing. Her mom told her about having two kids, full time job, home to run etc etc. The old when I was you age thing. Sure had a chuckle out of that. Never mind the bills she has, rent , car. Snicker Snicker,AAAh life's sweet lessons.

Trad nice pics looks like you had yourself a good time.
Old 05-19-2007, 02:43 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Wow! Place has been dead...
Had pugil sticks today, wish I could take pics of it an post, but that's a ... Seen some pretty good fights...
I got this letter in the mail today...

"Dear Senior Drill Instructor of Platoon 2061,
I have several hoodlams from Pinellas Park, Fl, in your platoon. Recruit Xxxxx is in charge of this bunch... (blah blah blah...)
I have a special request for you to get that bunch on the quarterdeck for me, and please let them know who sent them. My next request would be mountain climbers forever.
Semper Fidelis,
GySgt Xxxxxxx
USMC retired"

So.... (evil hehehe)
I was like, "He's a GySgt, I'm a SSgt, I have to listen to him."
They were like, "SIR!!! He's retired!"
I was like, "Nope! Once a Marine, always a Marine! Left, Right, left, right..."

I love my job...
Old 05-19-2007, 04:32 PM
DTR Mom

Wink Nice to hear from Rebel, welcome!

Kind of missing 04CTD??!! we didn't say he could go AWOL on us...

Hey Rebel, I fished a triump TR6 outta the Niagara river (police dive) and rebuilt it. BLINDLY, drove it straight to Tennessee. knock offs, electric overdrive and the anchor still in the engine compartment for show....parts cost would have killed me by now...fun while I had it though..enjoy yours!

2 dump truck loads of split wood (husband did by hand, I loaded ) done and stacked. finish this log load for fun, leave the last one for fall exercise.
stern drive all squared away and on the boat, a little too easily- always worried 'bout that! yeah, bolts leftover

son showed me wi-fi computer stuff for my work assignment (outside a dunkin doughnuts- felt like a drug deal going down) then mowed the lawn without being told. we didn't push it. He does have a pretty interesting job.
fun to just listen today.

good homemade supper and off to a bonfire. could be a BARN fire if the wind picks up though so it may be a relaxing /exciting night.

I'll try to call you tomorrow Scotty, got your cell phone.

Siberian took off yesterday. no show still. not a good sign.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:47 PM
Chapter President

Long day, slept in till 8am. (Yeah, I slept in 3 hours), went and helped fuel and get a tractor going, then off roaded my truck (2wd dually) looking at a hay field (hasn't been cut yet), raked 2 fields, and then followed my roommate who loaded his Massey-Furgesson on a dove tail trailer pulled by a late 70's early 80's Kodiak (Interesting experience) and took it to his mechanic. The Massey had a problem this morning, my roommates grandpa was mowing a field with it this morning when the alternator light came on, so he pulls up to the house and turns it off, I look on the right side at the alternator and the belt is off, hmmm. Then I look lower, the harmonic balancer fell off. The bolt backed out clean and then the balancer worked it's way off. It probably got loose when they put the water pump on earlier this week (His equipment has had all sorts of breakdowns this week. (Ahhh, the life of a farmer)