Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***Breakroom/Water Cooler-New Years Week Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 07:03 PM
REALLY old dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Don - You Might Get Buisy Tonight- Roads Are Slick Up Here .
Old 01-01-2008, 10:32 PM
DTR Mom

Cool all pots set to flip on in the morning....

it is just white out. two lakes and a ticked off Canadian wind all meeting here tomorrow.

11 now, tomorrow's high is 12 but next thursday it will be 50...CHRISR's kansas weather is here! wow......

need to geta new batch of your high test. I can't even smell where the pot is anymore....the lame stuff is ready to switch on...no more ignition anymore...

OLD DOG, hey young feller- PA army post has more of those aluminum frames for a garage for you. got outbid last time, this time I will sneek attack.
you need some protection from the weather up your way. I have to go to wisconsin in March. let's see what can happen.

while the ground is frozen, we are going to load up wood tomorrow (make sense but unwilling to leave warm bed and go with hubby to do it. but HAVE TO, cause it is fair. grrrrrr i hate logic)

heidi up at 6 30am tomorrow and still grumbling about it
Old 01-02-2008, 12:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Start of the 2nd day of 2008 and everything seems quiet. Coffee is ready for the night shift when they come thru. Little bit of homemade split pea & ham soup left in the crockpot for their midnight snack.

Finished out '07 and started '08 fighting off a bug so didn't go do much. Back to the grind tomorrow.

One of my favorite quotes is ~ "The problem with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat." My goal is to not be a rat in '08.

See ya in the morning.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:17 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Mornin, all. Just got back from towing my tough cummins in with my wife's 1500 hemi...

Looks like my LP took a poop, I got something for that first thing in the morning... missed you guys, happy new year!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-02-2008, 05:59 AM

Walks in and flips the switchs.

Where is everybody? Too hung over from all the partying?

Oh well, Coffee is on for when ever everyone gets in.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:16 AM
Administrator

Hey Hat, glad you made it home safe an' sound finally. A dead truck is not a good way to start the new year, that's fer sure!

Plowed snow yesterday... all day. Looks like it's gonna be a repeat today too. Got about a foot an' a half on the ground at the moment. S'posed to be in the 50's this weekend tho, so most of it oughta disappear.

Good coffee this AM!

chaikwa.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:30 AM

Just stoppin' thru to see that someone flipped the switch on the coffee pot for y'all. Thanks Butchera.

Sorry to hear about the truck, Hat. With luck like that on the 1st, you can certainly hope that the rest of the year will get better for you.

I'll spend today getting everything up to speed on a new bid that we just won. Gotta make sure that everything is ordered on time and that we can stay on schedule. Shouldn't be too hard since I wrote the schedule to start with.

Have a safe one out there. It's a crisp 20*F out there and the furnace is staying busy.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:36 AM
REALLY old dog

Talking

Geesh! Broken Trucks -broken Puters- I Hope This Isn`t A Sign Of Things To Come For 2008 !
We`ll There Is Hot Coffee-foo-foo & Tea , And Good Friends Here At DTR ,willing To Lend Advice-knolage & Helping Hand - Looks Like This Is The Place To Be For 2008 & Beyond !
Morning Everyone ! Have A Good One !

Scott -looks Like You Might Have Almost Caught Up With Us In The Snow Dep.

Claude-just A Sitting Here On This Sac-o-seeds
Old 01-02-2008, 08:48 AM
REALLY old dog

Talking

GOT TO THINKING - BEAUTIFUL DAY OUT THERE -SHAME TO WAYSTE IT !
LETS GO FISHING !
GETTING GEAR TO-GEOTHER
BOBCAT WITH PLOW ON FRONT & TRENCHER ON BACK
(PLOW TO PUSH SNOW OUT OF WAY -TRENCHER TO CUT NICE SLOT IN ICE)
OLDER TWIN TRACK SNOW MACHINE-SLED- WITH DOWN RIGGERS MOUNTED ON BACK
(THEN YA-TROLL DOWN THE LAKE AFTER THE BIG-UNS)

NOW THERE IS A FUN DAY FER YA!

CLAUDE
Old 01-02-2008, 09:03 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
first post of 2008, so I used a spell-checker

Good morning( early mid-day) guys and gals...

been lazy-- just dragging out of bed and finishing my first cup

Cold today, windchills below zero and such.. planning on staying inside all day, other than a trip out to check on the livestocks water..

Had a nice New Years celebration, took the BOSS out to dinner and then went to a friends house and visited. Their daughter( my adopted daughter and god-daughter) is getting married, met her fiancé and some of his family... seems like a good kid, but he was reminded that I know where some really deep holes are, just in case..
Then went and met our oldest and her hubby at one of the local dance clubs for the ball drop... had fun people watching..
Heidi, from what I saw, yes,standing in place and vigorously jumping up and down IS how they are dancing now... and some of those young ladies were fun to watch!!!!

Hat, sorry about the truck..but don't look at it as starting the year on a sour note, instead figure you are starting the year by upgrading a weak part.....sounds better at least ...

The BOSS is back to her doctor today and is planing on being released to go back to work.... she is doing well and shouldn't have any problem.

well cup is empty, gotta go get another...

have a good one and stay warm everyone!
Old 01-02-2008, 09:37 AM

Mornin' all,

Sent wife off to work on a cold morning. Had the truck plugged in and warming up for her, and the bun warmer on hi. Over head read 34*F
Convert it to C* for the metric gang. ((34+40)x5/9)-40=1.1111 *C
To go from *C to *F same except multiply by 9/5.

HAT, good news that you made it home OK. No fun being stuck with a TU truck.
Let us know what you put on to fix it.

Wannabe, New Years eve party fun fun, up at 0630, prolly still dark to load wood not as much fun. But you always have fun, no matter what you are doing.

Butchera good, tastes like more. gotta get another cuppa. Thanks for starting in.
S
Olddog, that is a neat way to go ice fishing. I did some ice fishing on lake erie when I was a kid. Drive out on the lake, freeze in a shanty, and get skunked most of the time. Have you done any ice boating? That is fun, but cold.

SR wow that must be some cannon. Good you handled so well.

ChrisR nice NewYears, good to here the wife is doing OK now. Stay warm.

2008 gonna get better.

Have a good un, and be safe out there.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:01 AM

Mornin all.

Hat glad to see you made it back alright. How's your grandpa doing? Well I hope.
I can see you have this planned already
New LP (Big gph)
New sticks (Big to handle said gph LP)
New twins (Need more air)
New NOS system(Big HP and Torque)
Hmmm sounds very suspicious. j/k Hope the fix goes well.

Ended up leaving the plowing and shoveling yesterday. Wind came up and started drifting so no use doing it twice. Nice and calm this AM, so far anyway. Temps are back up to -10*C and are suppose to go up some more today or tomorrow. Wont be melting like yours though Scott.

Heidi glad you had fun old rock n roll is where it's at. Nice to do for less fortunate with a donation.

SR How are you getting your 2 fingers worth? Little finger and pointing finger spread as far apart as possible. Yea I thought so.

Had a little buddy walking in the pasture within 5-6ft of the horses. They didn't seem to worried about it. It's in really good shape, no mange on it. Pics aren't that good. I need a better camera I guess.

Have a good one drive safe and have fun...
Old 01-02-2008, 10:12 AM
REALLY old dog

Talking

DAVEY- ICE BOATING IS LIKE RIDING A RAIL WITH A CUPPLE OUTRIGGERS
ACTULLY A LOT OF FUN -BUT SHOULD BE IN THE CALSS OF EXTREME SPORTS
THE SPEEDS YOU REACH ARE OUTRAGIOUS-ON NEWLY FORMED ICE.
SINCE YOU LIVED NEAR LAKE ERIE ,DID YOU EVER SEE A COMERCIAL FISHERMAN FISHING THROUGH THE ICE WITH NETS ?
PRETTY INTERESTING HOW THEY DO IT !
PUT A LONG POLE WITHA HEAVY LINE ON IT -SLID ALONG UNDER ICE UNTIL THEY REACH POINT B THEN PULL A ROPE UNDER ICE WHIH HEAVY LINE PUT A PULLY WITH ROPE ATTATCHED ON A POLE LET IT FREEZE AND SIT A ICE HOUSE ON POINT A WORKS LIKE A CLOTHES LINE THEY SIT IN FISH HOUSE AND PULL NET UNDER ICE LET IT SIT AND PULL FISH & NET BACK TO HOUSR NEXT DAY THEN RESET.
FIRST TIME GETTING IT ALL SET UP A LOT OF WORK BUT WORKS AS LONG AS ICE IS IN.
PRETTY ENGENIOUS !
Old 01-02-2008, 11:11 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Since we are not part of the uppity crowd that uses the cut glass tumblers, us poor folks use mason jars in either the pint or quart size. Our two finger measurement consists of the distance between the extended little finger and the thumb.

Shortround out
Old 01-02-2008, 12:46 PM
DTR Mom

Wink Wheeeew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beautiful winter day, wind up at times but as long as the sun shines- it is invigorating!!! coupla parts runs into town, the big cat food stock up for the siberian ice fisherman (watches koi on pond through the ice) and stacking wood behind the barn......I am okay as long as I don't stay in thehouse too long.

good coffee Butch!! just a nice bite, way to go!!!!!!and thanks for starting it!

MADNOTRUCKEE, I tend to believe IJOBB's version of events.....improvement parts....LOL glad things went as good as could be in times. wife never said a word either, I bet good gal that she is!!!still thinking about May?
let me know when you can...

CHRIS R heheh yes indeed! fun to watch and then just laughable.. my husband and I just shook our heads with one gal that had nitrous in her system or something.......glad you spread the word to the fiance, heheh.

Ijobb! you made my day with those pics!!! holding right rear leg up in both shots...cut pads from ice maybe... we fed the coyotes at the base of the property with a small deer that we just took prime from. donations, yeah...
makes me feel better. they miss their artic dog pals. they do not mess with the cat either, don't really know why. peaceful scene though- THANKS!!

hi Davey! you sweet thing! ok, out of the house for me..

where in the world is T Rad? a Shortround mason to him this year!

Quick Reply: ***Breakroom/Water Cooler-New Years Week Thread***