Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***BREAKROOM - February 9th thru February 15th***

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 08:17 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
JAVALUJAH - that is very good. May I can steal / borrow that idea for something in the future?
It is going to be gorgeous day for when I take my wife out later. Not sure where we will have lunch today, but it will probably be sitting outside a restaurant under the palm trees or umbrellas.
Sure you can use it - share with a brother. No problem. I love going down in to Venice with the wife - - neat little café on the beach with good food and decent price. Very nice. Fun sitting out under the umbrella have a wonderful fish sandwich scallop chowder. Ummm yummm. We just got back from there about an hour ago. Met friends there - - good time.

Originally Posted by chaikwa
We already HAVE one:
Awww, I am sooooo disappointed. I had you pegged with class. You are showing your bad side. Ph00 is marvelous and you say YUK? DUH Shape up there youngster and learn to appreciate the fine things of life like a fresh hot cup of wonderful ph00................................
Old 02-14-2014, 08:35 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
filled up wood crates, movie (monument men) dinner (next to the fireplace) and hot tub soak. looked through an old box of my dad's negatives from the 30s. amazing pictures...

still remember those army films about VD......eeeeeew......

a phoo icon would have a pinkie extended and wear corderoy (sp) pants.

chaikwa, sorry about the phantom calls, it was killer cat calling jake appearantly.....ortho docs refused to see me, sent to neurosurgeon in April.
hoooo boy. have to bring him all kinds of tests.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:15 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazing what can be accomplished when you get up before noon!
Hey! It was past 1200 in Sochi when I got up.

Originally Posted by FiverBob
It is made and ready fur ya.
Needed anchovy juice. Now its perfect.

I see that a certain member here objects to weather reports.--------Whatever happened to javaluva?
Do to events, this is the first year since 2003 I have been up here in February.
I should be picking Oranges instead. I'm a nice guy and like to give nice weather reports rather than recieve.

Wow, I don't think I have seen any javaluva posts since around the time I stopped lurking. Hope that's just coincidence.

Originally Posted by Scotty
I went against my better judgement as another sheep in the flock.
I also agree--its a gamble. Only thing that makes me feel it is a good gamble is that here,
every single flu death so far has been on people who had been healthy before getting the flu and did not get a shot.
I like to try and improve my odds even if it doesn't pay off.

For all my friends on VD:
Yeah, Vicodan makes me feel warm and fuzzy too.

Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
Even the small-town walmart.
There is a Wal-Mart in the N-Seattle area that is so nasty I thought the employees were going to rob us.
I swear its where they sent every lousy worker they had as some sort of tax break.

Originally Posted by cougar
I've decided to stop worrying and be happy that they are paying me to do nothing.
At least when you are doing something it doesn't result in dragging your country down.

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
still remember those army films about VD......eeeeeew
Yeah. Before lunch chow--VD flicks. After chow Trench foot flicks. Before dinner chow frost bite flicks.
And for tomorrow, its Mustard gas and Nerve agents before chow than Nasogastric Tube practice on each other,
(gotta do it after chow so you can suck up lots of results) than a wonderful sucking chest wound film followed by----
No wonder I never gained weight back then.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by railroaderone
5 mins until NASCAR returns and ruins the weekend for non fans
No racing til the Bud Shootout tomorrow night at 7 eastern on Fox Sports 1
Twin 150's (Daytona qualifying races) 7 PM Thursday
Truck series race Friday night 730
Daytona 500 Sunday at 1 on Fox.
All times eastern.
Coming home it looked kinda dark at the back of the truck. All I got is the left brake light. Hopefully it's the bulbs and not wiring... Really hope so.... the left bulb is the newer of the 2. Fuses are good and the relay is kicking.

Really dried out here today. Took 3 tries to get up the driveway in the snow yesterday. Had a little trouble in the mud today but not much. I think I could drive out without spinning right now.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:24 AM
Administrator

Awww, I am sooooo disappointed. I had you pegged with class.
Ph00 is pretentious and thumbs its' nose in the face of simplicity!

See, PRETENTIOUS!

chaikwa, sorry about the phantom calls, it was killer cat calling jake appearantly...
She coulda said 'hi' or something! What a rude cat!

Originally Posted by Bark

I also agree--its a gamble. I like to try and improve my odds even if it doesn't pay off.
Wait a minute... if it doesn't pay off, then it didn't improve your odds. That's like saying you enjoy pounding your thumb with a hammer because it feels so good when you stop!

Morning all.

It is Saturday, February 15th.

1758 - Mustard was advertised for the first time in America.

1764 - The city of St. Louis was established.

1799 - Printed ballots were authorized for use in elections in the state of Pennsylvania.

1842 - Adhesive postage stamps were used for the first time by the City Dispatch Post (Office) in New York City.

1879 - U.S. President Hayes signed a bill that allowed female attorneys to argue cases before the U.S. Supreme Court.

1898 - The USS Maine sank when it exploded in Havana Harbor for unknown reasons. More than 260 crew members were killed.

1903 - Morris and Rose Michtom, Russian immigrants, introduced the first teddy bear in America.

1933 - U.S. President-elect Franklin Roosevelt escaped an assination attempt in Miami. Chicago Mayor Anton J. Cermak was killed in the attack.

1942 - During World War II, Singapore surrendered to the Japanese.

1965 - Canada displayed its new red and white maple leaf flag. The flag was to replace the old Red Ensign standard.

1995 - The FBI arrested Kevin Mitnick and charged him with cracking security in some of the nation's most protected computers. He served five years in jail.

2002 - U.S. President George W. Bush approved Nevada's Yucca Mountain as a site for long-term disposal of radioactive nuclear waste.

Today's thought:
A problem is a chance for you to do your best.

C0ffee and ph00 is ready.

TOB&F today!
Old 02-15-2014, 06:00 AM

Morning gang. Just browsing to see what other dribble I could find.

Just see if I symp with your mess up there in NY anymore. ............

Originally Posted by Bark
Needed anchovy juice. Now its perfect.

I'm a nice guy and like to give nice weather reports rather than recieve.
Anything anchovy can be thrown back in the lake. ............
And as for your "NICE" weather reports, you give us bad ones all the time. I only give nice ones. ............

Ph00 is pretentious and thumbs its' nose in the face of simplicity!
Wow, do you wax eloquent this early every morning? Have not noted that before. At least you condescend to make the ph00 most mornings - - do have to give credit for that even if you do not understand the finer things of life. Give you time - - you will understand..............

Busy day, grabbing my "PRETENTIOUS" and on my way to kill the giant. Have a gudurn........................

Bobby
Old 02-15-2014, 07:21 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Good morning from Paradise. Another ........ you know. A few minutes ago was looking at an east to west contrail that had widened out and the rising sun for a short while turned it a nice shade of orange and then pink. Very pretty.

It seems to me that there are fewer complaints about Bob's PRETENTIOUS than chaikwa's coffee, therefore ph00 wins.

Thinking about washing my own truck this morning. Normally have it hand washed and hand dried while we have lunch. It costs 50 peses (US$3.77, C$4.15) so that is why I seldom do the job myself.

Got to run. Have lots to do today so can't sit around waiting to read the drivel, sorry, I mean the high level of conversation posted here. Hope every one of you have a good day. Try some of Bob's ph00 and get moving.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:39 AM
Administrator

A few minutes ago was looking at an east to west contrail that had widened out and the rising sun for a short while turned it a nice shade of orange and then pink. Very pretty.
You KNOW those are really a governmental conspiracy program designed to distribute mind controlling chemicals to the masses, right? Probably explains why a few of you are addicted to ph00 instead of c0ffee. The government has altered your mind so that you believe that nasty stuff actually tastes good. Now they can slip drugs into the ph00 mix and REALLY control you!
Old 02-15-2014, 07:52 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

You KNOW those are really a governmental conspiracy program designed to distribute mind controlling chemicals to the masses, right? Probably explains why a few of you are addicted to ph00 instead of c0ffee. The government has altered your mind so that you believe that nasty stuff actually tastes good. Now they can slip drugs into the ph00 mix and REALLY control you!

You could be right. As you guys up north have about 1,000% more contrails than we do where I live (in Paradise) that would explain a lot of things that are said and happen in your part of the world. We seldom see a contrail here (few aircraft) but where you live, they even cross one another and go in all directions.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:17 AM

Good morning from Paradise. Another ........ you know.
It seems to me that there are fewer complaints about Bob's PRETENTIOUS than chaikwa's coffee, therefore ph00 wins.

Thinking about washing my own truck this morning. Normally have it hand washed and hand dried while we have lunch. It costs 50 peses (US$3.77, C$4.15) so that is why I seldom do the job myself.
Yeh, I know - - gorgeous here today also. All ready up to 71 in lanai. Lovely. Well stated on the ph00 versus coffee thingy - - ph00 wins. ............

You could be right. As you guys up north have about 1,000% more contrails than we do where I live (in Paradise) that would explain a lot of things that are said and happen in your part of the world. We seldom see a contrail here (few aircraft) but where you live, they even cross one another and go in all directions.
Stan, he probably is right - - guburmunt sticks its nose in everything. Let's see, the heart of the gub is where? Oh yeh - - up north - - that is why we don't see them much - - sadly we see their effect...............elections, please hurry and people, use your head. PLEASE.

More..................................ph00 - - ya wh00000............
Old 02-15-2014, 08:22 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
All appears normal for here.

Old 02-15-2014, 08:25 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
No racing til the Bud Shootout tomorrow night at 7 eastern on Fox Sports 1 Twin 150's (Daytona qualifying races) 7 PM Thursday Truck series race Friday night 730 Daytona 500 Sunday at 1 on Fox. All times eastern.
You forgot unlimited practice last evening starting at 6 on fox sports 1

Morning all cold and snow but 70s come the weekend should be a nice muddy mess where I ride my four wheeler
Old 02-15-2014, 09:27 AM

Hey Stan - - since they won't let us give them a weather report, thought I would let you know - - - just had to go in and put on my shorts - - way too hot. Now I can show off my LEGGS along with Scotty and Lary. Course, I will loose, but sure is cooler. Just thought I would let you know..... ......

NaughtyBob
Old 02-15-2014, 09:31 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Now I can show off my LEGGS along with Scotty and Lary.

NaughtyBob
Welcome to the club Legger brother!

Phoo allowed though not mandatory
Old 02-15-2014, 09:45 AM

Hey Stan - - since they won't let us give them a weather report, thought I would let you know - - - just had to go in and put on my shorts - - way too hot. Now I can show off my LEGGS along with Scotty and Lary. Course, I will loose, but sure is cooler. Just thought I would let you know..... ......

NaughtyBob

Hey, you trying to take my job away from me? I thought that I was the official pot stirrer. Anyway, go ahead, maybe I can still learn a trick or two.
BTW, as soon as I get up every morning I put on shorts and stay in them all day, every day.

Quick Reply: ***BREAKROOM - February 9th thru February 15th***