Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***BREAKROOM, 04/13 to 04/19***

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 07:25 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Morning.

JWBM, a Lab Farm sounds fun. I picture it as Labradors running all over the place, like loose chickens. The crazy that must go on, I'd love to watch that for a day
I'm sorry to hear someone else is going through losing a pup, such hurt. It's good you're there.
Good luck to kitty kitty for surgery.

Top, have fun shopping. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Buy yourself something good. Also oatmeal is great this morning. Sets the tone for a good food week. Since February DH and I have been on the food wagon and eating clean. Since then I've lost about 5lbs and have trimmed up nice. I can go jean shopping again, wooo. DH is also maintaining all his progress from AFG, kicking butt on the PFA. Also our goal is to look hot for the big family gathering in Aug for Grandpa's birthday and the family wedding in Oct. I joke, if I can't get my mother-in-law to ask if I'm anorexic, I'm not working hard enough

Tallguy, glad you and Gadget are able to get out again. Playing is like therapy. I think I needed it more than Chester but I claimed he needed the dog park days The benefits are priceless. Keep going

Chaikwa, congrats on the new wheels Can I drive? I have zero experience in anything like that.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:52 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Something really thinks in here.
Yo Twinner, is it birthday time again?
Old 04-14-2014, 07:58 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Soon to be flooded Scotty - I think you made a typing mistake - a less likely sentence I have never seen applied to the breakroom crowd.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:02 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Soon to be flooded Scotty - I think you made a typing mistake - a less likely sentence I have never seen applied to the breakroom crowd.
After drinking pine sol laden coffee, that's how it came out.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:31 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Yo Twinner, is it birthday time again?
Yes Twinner...despite my best efforts I managed to clock in another year
Old 04-14-2014, 08:37 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Shorts

Top, have fun shopping. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Buy yourself something good. Also oatmeal is great this morning. Sets the tone for a good food week.
Thank you "M" Today will be mostly me sitting and smiling as she comes out of the dressing room showing me the latest in fashions for the today's young lady....she LOVES shopping for new clothes and strutting like she is in a fashion show....I love it as well I just hate seeing my little sweet heart growing up so fast

She will lead me all around the mall by hand showing me the latest greatest girl stuff and I will most likely hear all the latest gossip on her girl pals at school as well...and frankly I can't think of a better way to spend my Birthday
Old 04-14-2014, 08:44 AM
Top's Younger Twin

This reminds me how mom and the docs missed me and i gestated for another 5 weeks 3 days 4 hours and 27 minutes to arrive as the younger twin.

Have a great day. I bet the LEGGS are grateful for the repairs and the weight loss you accomplished.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:59 AM
REALLY old dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LARRY-HAPPY-HAPPY

Good afternoon fellow DTRotarions ;

Scott - Thanks for the concern , when i built this ark I built it in dry dock on a sand hill about 20 ft above water level However Lake Marion is well above flood stage. No threat to me - many people are not in the same situation that I`m in though , many are forced to sand bag and run pumps to keep from flooding .
water at the dam is at the top of the pylons that support the bridge over the dam and the situation is serious . (Hope we don`t lose the dam !

CLAUDE
Old 04-14-2014, 11:37 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Larry, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!
Your plans for the day sound awesome, and in honor of your special day, I shall convince the dragon to NOT blow his noses into your coffee cup as he is want to do , but shall get him to use the phoo pot or oatmeal pan instead
Have a great day!!
Old 04-14-2014, 02:00 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Happy birthday Top I would say there will be some more weight loss today as the wallet gets lighter as she shops.

At least you will enjoy your time today.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:42 PM

Chaikwa- I think I'd leave the outriggers- never know, you may end up pulling something someday that you need to anchor it good first.
Full moon sure seems whiter than normal tonight.
.70" rain then 4-5 inches of wet heavy snow after it yesterday. Sure was fun getting around today!
Old 04-15-2014, 05:37 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by old dog
water at the dam is at the top of the pylons that support the bridge over the dam and the situation is serious . (Hope we don`t lose the dam !
Well dam it! Glad to hear you'll be safe tho.

Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
Chaikwa- I think I'd leave the outriggers- never know, you may end up pulling something someday that you need to anchor it good first.
They stick out too far and will just get hung up on stuff. I'm half thinking I'll add a little to the rear-most part of the frame, add some bunks, a boom and a grapple and have a nice little forwarder.

Morning all. Snow here this morning.

It is Tuesday, April 15th.

1813 - U.S. troops under James Wilkinson attacked the Spanish-held city of Mobile that would be in the future state of Alabama.

1850 - The city of San Francisco was incorporated.

1861 - U.S. President Lincoln mobilized the Federal army.

1865 - U.S. President Abraham Lincoln died from injuries inflicted by John Wilkes Booth.

1871 - "Wild Bill" Hickok became the marshal of Abilene, Kansas.

1892 - The General Electric Company was organized.

1899 - Thomas Edison organized the Edison Portland Cement Company.

1912 - The ocean liner Titanic sank in the North Atlantic after hitting an iceberg the evening before. 1,517 people died and more than 700 people survived.

1923 - Insulin became generally available for people suffering with diabetes.

1945 - During World War II, British and Canadian troops liberated the **** concentration camp Bergen-Belsen.

1952 - U.S. President Harry Truman signed the official Japanese peace treaty.

1952 - The first B-52 prototype was tested in the air.

1956 - General Motors announced that the first free piston automobile had been developed.

1986 - U.S. F-111 warplanes attacked Libya in response to the bombing of a discotheque in Berlin on April 5, 1986.

1987 - In Northhampton, MA, Amy Carter, Abbie Hoffman and 13 others were acquitted on civil disobedience charges related with a CIA protest.

1994 - The World Trade Organization was established.

1998 - Pol Pot died at the age of 73. The leader of the Khmer Rouge regime thereby evaded prosecution for the deaths of 2 million Cambodians.

2000 - 600 anti-IMF (International Monetary Fund) protesters were arrested in Washington, DC, for demonstrating without a permit.

Today's thought:
It is when we forget ourselves that we do things that are most likely to be remembered.

The stuff is ready.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:36 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Morning.
Coffee please.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:04 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

How come no one made coffee for Shorts? Let me get on this.

Ok, we have espresso, perc coffee, drip brewed Columbian, a small can of Cowboy Coffee (Google it if you don't know what it is) and some pH00 for Bob.

Have a good day all y'all, time to earn a paycheque.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:36 AM
Top's Younger Twin

PHHFFFFFFT Whoops pardon me.

Uh Oh gotta go...

Quick Reply: ***BREAKROOM, 04/13 to 04/19***