Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***BREAKROOM, 01/26 to 02/01***

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 06:57 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn

LOVE the sock idea.... gotta try that on THE BOSS.. shes a touch OCD and that will drive her nuts!
It works best if you act just a bit indignant when asked about them being in the dishwasher and proclaim that you thought everybody washed their favorite socks that way
Old 01-27-2014, 08:55 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
argh, Scotty(joe black from lil abner cartoons) you have the clouds raining on you! the folks from buffalo that live between Lake Erie and several powerful creeks use an air bladder for the sump areas in the basement.

yeah. insurance. jump on the phone with Cougar. I am with Top, I would be in their office, looking displeased.

serious paperwork sent express, shake off the stress and hope for the best!
now is the easy stuff- taxes. ahhhhh....
-25 to -32 temp with 40 mph steady gusts this AM. but it is 87 degrees in the apt for the tenant......and he still uses a heater, cancer blows.

Chris, paint your area man! shoot, a 6 x 5 ft area is an office!!

saw a snowy owl this morning- amazing! nature is awesome. Blessed!

chaikwa, feel for ya pal. snicker peanut butter n socks sandwiches for ya...
Old 01-27-2014, 10:10 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Originally Posted by FiverBob
we might get a few more flakes in Florida
FIFY

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
...when he saw my socks in the dishwasher, he quit dropping in for supper
I gotta remember that. Maybe dry some underwear in the microwave for good measure.

Originally Posted by chaikwa
Guess it's time to go plow and shovel AGAIN.
You win.

Originally Posted by Scotty
Is that the same dishwasher you made me sit inside for a complete cycle to see what the little guys looked like that cleaned the dishes?
I would imagine they look a little bit like prunes.

Learned that the line to the septic tank isnt supposed to pitch more than 1/4inch over every 4 foot of run..
Did the same thing. I was very careful to build to Kenai code (even though it doesn't apply out here) but just assumed that more pitch was better.

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
now is the easy stuff- taxes. ahhhhh.....
ReRun of the last two years.
Called the IRS to order the 1040 inst book and some forms since they do not stock them in town anymore and don't auto mail them like they did for 35 years.
They sort of gave me a hard time yet again.
They want everybody to do their taxes online. Just like for the last few years,
I tell em if they give me a computer, connect me to the internet and give me computer lessons I will do it on line,
until than---MAIL ME THE DANG FORMS.
I can always use them for toilet paper.

Having sushi for dinner. Using raw marinated salmon, halibut, squid and scallop for the sashimi. Life is good.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What a day yesterday. Went to a friend's place to cut some firewood, went to the local lunch buffet, back started bugging me. Felt better once I started cutting again, got in the truck to come home, and wow, major gall bladder attack. Ended up at the ER, CT scan, morphine, and anti-gas, anti-nausea meds, went in last night, they kept me overnight. Cute nurses. Go see the surgeon Thursday in Kearney, should get the dang thing removed Friday. Been putting it off for a while but it's not waiting much longer. Gonna take a while to pay it off but should be worth it. Even less sure my trip back east is going to happen this summer now.

Went to Cambridge instead of McCook, where they paraded people through the room and told me I had gas last time I was there (DUH! I told you that when I walked in) and charged me $1700 for the privilege. At Cambridge they buzz you in, by the time I got the door swung clear open there was 2 nurses there with a wheelchair for me. Everyone I saw had a purpose, and they went straight to diagnosis, once that was done they set me up to meet the surgeon. At McCook they x-rayed my guts, told me the obvious, and set me up with an appointment for one of the doctors in their clinic to do diagnosis and refer me to a surgeon.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:24 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Happened to stop by the breakroom on the way to bed.
Dang NE frmhnd! Sorry to hear that. I wouldn't know anything about it except for my wife had her gall bladder removed a long time ago.
It runs in her family and they say the pain can be really bad.
With her, she had severe pain between her shoulders, really bad nausea and a terrible headache.
Never would have thought that such misery could be caused by the gallbladder.
With her (and her Mom and Sister) they were able to do a laparoscopic removal of the gall bladder and she was out after one day.
Her Mom was in for four days but that was 35 years ago.
Hope they can fix you up quickly.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:57 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Ne frmhand hate to hear that had mine out about 5 years ago healed up in about a week I was up and about two days latter hurt like hell bit I was able to move around.

Minus 9 yesterday 9 above this morning but were not Gona make it to the 40 we had yesterday.

Fresh coffee phoo sweet tea on the. Counter found some brown loaf things floating around in the basement and put some on a plate and left them over by the door.

Later
Old 01-28-2014, 05:07 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bark
FIFY
FIFY? Did you mean 'fiddy'? As in:

Learned that the line to the septic tank isnt supposed to pitch more than 1/4inch over every 4 foot of run..less pitch and it wont drain, more pitch and the water can outrun the solids and leave them sit in the pipe, as well as suck out the water from the traps in the house letting gas back in.
Did the same thing. I was very careful to build to Kenai code (even though it doesn't apply out here) but just assumed that more pitch was better.
This is why licensing is important. More pitch actually causes the solids to be pushed up the walls of the pipe on either side of the flow. And it usually sticks there. When it dries out, it's stuck there like glue. Eventually, more gets stuck to the previously stuck stuff and the pipe becomes clogged. Where I come from, schedule 40 is mandated from the house to the tank and from the tank to the D-Box. Also, cast iron pipe is needed to go thru the foundation.

Having sushi for dinner. Using raw marinated salmon, halibut, squid and scallop for the sashimi. Life is good.
Life is good??? If it's so good, COOK YOUR DANG FOOD!

With her, she had severe pain between her shoulders, really bad nausea and a terrible headache.
Never would have thought that such misery could be caused by the gallbladder.
Everybody probably thought all that pain she was experiencing was just caused by living with you.

Morning all.

Fed the OWB @ 0500 and it's not snowing! It's minus 20 freakin' degrees with a stiff northwest wind, but it ain't snowin'! And that means I can come in here and bother all of you!

It is Tuesday, January 28th.

1871 - France surrendered in the Franco-Prussian War.

1878 - The first telephone switchboard was installed in New Haven, CT.

1909 - The United States ended direct control over Cuba.

1915 - The Coast Guard was created by an act of the U.S. Congress to fight contraband trade and aid distressed vessels at sea.

1935 - Iceland became the first country to introduce legalized abortion.

1938 - The first ski tow started operation in Vermont.

1945 - During World War II, Allied supplies began reaching China over the newly reopened Burma Road.

1965 - General Motors reported the biggest profit of any U.S. company in history.

1980 - Six Americans who had fled the U.S. embassy in Tehran, Iran, on November 4, 1979, left Iran using false Canadian diplomatic passports. The Americans had been hidden at the Canadian embassy in Tehran.

1986 - The U.S. space shuttle Challenger exploded just after takeoff. All seven of its crewmembers were killed.

1994 - In Los Angeles, Superior Court Judge Stanley Weisberg declared a mistrial in the case of Lyle Menendez in the murder of his parents. Lyle, and his brother Erik, were both retried later and were found guilty. They were sentenced to life in prison without parole.

1998 - In Manilla, Philippines, gunmen held at least 400 children and teachers for several hours at an elementary school.

1999 - Ford Motor Company announced the purchase of Sweden's Volvo AB for $6.45 billion.

Today's thought:
Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.

Thanks for the c0ffee Clint!

TOB&F today!
Old 01-28-2014, 06:21 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Good morning ya'll. Hope all is well with you - - sorry bout that stupid bladder thingy, NE. They do hurt - - saw my wife double all up with it - - scared me to death. Scott, that temp is not fun - - man you guys have had it. I know it can get to there a few times in a year, but this has been constant this year. Not fun. Gets old in a hurry.

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Just what are you trying to say InsinuatingBob?
Me thinks you know exactly what I mean. LOL

Grabbing my ph00 and out of here. Going to church and work on the peuter, the off to hospital to visit friend who fell in the shower and has bruised his liver - - never heard of that one. Guess he is in quite a bit of pain. Then the doctor. Then - - - well, we will see.

Ph00..........................................

Bob
Old 01-28-2014, 07:04 AM
DTR Mom

Morning,
up at 1AM, why I have no idea....too stubborn to come downstairs. made breakfast for hubby at 6. enjoy being outside at 3 below, no wind. beautiful, with gloves on. great moon then in for sunrise.
playing cop for the big bird feeder, chased away blue jays so little birds could eat. then noticed all fifteen blue jays sitting in a tree, w a t c h i n g

skeered, so I had to duck in here....

man NE, you definitely have a tough life there! good choice on your health, it is number one priority- tough way to meet a girl too!

lucky us, who knew poop in the basement would bring chaikwa here?

Old 01-28-2014, 07:14 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Poop draws all sorts of creatures.

Bark, how fast do the bladders actually run at in your wife's family? Shrew sounds like it effects everyone different. My sister had aching arms and lower gut pain with hers. They plucked hers without a big incision.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:21 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
Going to church and work on the peuter, the off to hospital to visit friend who fell in the shower and has bruised his liver - - never heard of that one. Guess he is in quite a bit of pain.

Bob
I bruised my liver one time with a bottle of Mezcal...well OK maybe more than the one time
Old 01-28-2014, 09:30 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
NE frmhnd, sympathy. I've past a few stones so I have an idea of the pain you are going through. The first time I thought someone had shot me in the back. My mom had to have hers removed. Haven't heard of anyone else in the family. My wife changed my diet and I haven't had any more problems in about 15 years. I think it had something to do with acidity.

Warm and drizzling this morning. Sliding toward a cooling trend, but still above normal.

Starting to get some pay out from State Farm. Bodily injury check is supposed to be "in the mail". Don't know what is happening with the property damage. Thing suddenly quit happening. I may have found a truck and I need the dough.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:05 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Got up to -24° this morning. Heard the furnace kick on the gas about 05:30. Got up at 7:30 and went out to feed the boiler. Waited for the circulator to kick in, and waited another 4 minutes for return water to warm up to room temp. Heard some slush in the pipes before that. System is anti-freezed for 0° -10°. A freeze up wouldn't break anything, but I sure don't want to have to drag the welder out in the snow, along with long cables just to thaw the durn thing out.

Anyway, deer are enjoying a little alfalfa I put out for them. Tweety birds are going through the 100 lbs of venison fat I saved for them about 20 lbs. per week. Going to have to buy another bag of oil seed for them tomorrow. I feel sorry for them. They pretty much have to eat non-stop to keep the heat on so they don't freeze. Heard a chickadee sing his spring song yesterday. Must have froze his brain.

I'm staying inside till I don't have to employ a minus sign to relay the temp.

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
Morning,
up at 1AM, why I have no idea....too stubborn to come downstairs. made breakfast for hubby at 6. enjoy being outside at 3 below, no wind. beautiful, with gloves on. great moon then in for sunrise.
playing cop for the big bird feeder, chased away blue jays so little birds could eat. then noticed all fifteen blue jays sitting in a tree, w a t c h i n g

skeered, so I had to duck in here....

You have 2 choices:
1. 12 gauge and bird shot. Make a blackbird, er bluejay pie.
2. Put out a dish of dog food. The jays will go for that and leave the tweety birds alone.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:08 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
ReRun of the last two years.
Called the IRS to order the 1040 inst book and some forms since they do not stock them in town anymore and don't auto mail them like they did for 35 years.
They sort of gave me a hard time yet again.
They want everybody to do their taxes online. Just like for the last few years,
I tell em if they give me a computer, connect me to the internet and give me computer lessons I will do it on line,
until than---MAIL ME THE DANG FORMS.
I can always use them for toilet paper.
So if you don't have/use a computer, do you post here with your eye-pad?

Old 01-28-2014, 02:38 PM

Dang, I forgot about how that cold you guys are having affects everything, even the little birds.

Originally Posted by chaikwa
Everybody probably thought all that pain she was experiencing was just caused by living with you.
I am pretty painless but can sometimes cause nausea in large doses.

Originally Posted by Scotty
how fast do the bladders actually run
Took me a sec before I figured it out.

Originally Posted by j_martin
So if you don't have/use a computer, do you post here with your eye-pad?
I like it.

No, my problem is with them trying to force us to use the computer to file our taxes by making it more difficult to paper file
and by insinuating that they scrutinize paper returns more than e-returns.
My PC is for babbling on DTR, ordering toys on Amazon and looking at d̷i̷r̷t̷y̷ ̷p̷i̷c̷t̷u̷r̷e̷s̷ oops, I mean art.
Heck, I may start filing on line sometime in the future when I feel like it.
However, if they are going to try and force me to file using a computer than they need to buy me a computer to do it with.
`

Quick Reply: ***BREAKROOM, 01/26 to 02/01***