Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***The Unending Winter 3/1-3/7***

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 06:30 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
It's going to be beautiful today, warming to mid to high 30's. Don't plan on anything major today. Think I need to rest my neck from all the shoveling. Two months of Physical Therapy shot to heck. Numbness and now feels like a fist between my shoulder blades. Oh well, at least I'm still looking at the right side of the snowdrifts...

Be safe and remember the time change tonight.
Old 03-07-2015, 06:47 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Nuther Saturday - - - ALL READY???? NAW - - NO WAY, JOSE!!!! Getting older too quickly. Ph00, coffee and some wonderful looking pastries on the counter - - come get it.

Clint - - thanks for that warning but you were a bit late. Got a light burn on the forehead while out biking. Better hunker down in such dangerous weather. Clouded over today and projecting scattered rain with a high of only 73. Bummer. Back in the 80's all next week.

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
got new mini laptop. do I swipe push edge sweep click hold or what? my head hurts just trying to get my favorite sites set up. new physical workout.

asus with intel hyper atom. double resolution power (yay); auto cloud but I disabled that. does not make breakfast. I checked.
Heidi - - you will like it when you get used to it. I hated the 8.1 until I got a bit more used to it. Follow J's advice - - classic puts everything back to "normal" while you warm up to the stupid apps. I just bought my granddaughter the same unit.

OK, I am gone.

Bob
Old 03-07-2015, 07:33 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Warming up here too.
Was going to head out this AM for a road trip but things changed yesterday.
I'll be working for a local diesel performance shop! Working out the details on Monday.

Chipped ice for several hours yesterday with my daughter.
I think I can relate to Ed and his aftermath.
I've got nerve pain and muscle spasms from right wrist to my rib cage. Had my rt hand safely tucked away in jacket pocket all the time. Not a devastating discomfort, just irritating kinda like what BobbyDependable goes thru with his too tight speedo depends.

Hi Mom.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:14 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Wow, woke up to about 30°. Gonna forgo the long johns for the first time in about 8 months.

Feel sorry for all you young softies that can't seem to stand a little snow shoveling. I use it for HIIT training. Gets the job done fast, and gets in a good workout at the same time.

Gotta get going.....to the gym. Thanks for the .
Old 03-07-2015, 08:24 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by j_martin
Wow, woke up to about 30°. Gonna forgo the long johns for the first time in about 8 months.

Feel sorry for all you young softies that can't seem to stand a little snow shoveling. I use it for HIIT training. Gets the job done fast, and gets in a good workout at the same time.

Gotta get going.....to the gym. Thanks for the .
I bet that'll hurt peeling off 8 month old long johns and all the ingrown hair and (censored).
Just think how grateful your LEGGS will be.
Old 03-07-2015, 10:31 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
43°, up 10° from 45 minutes ago. They're calling for snow, but I doubt it. Survived a week at work. Time to spend some quality nap time with Roxie and let my back and hips recuperate. Rats, forgot. Gotta change the oil on the 1st gen and get a hair cut (not necessarily in that order).
Old 03-07-2015, 12:45 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
I bet that'll hurt peeling off 8 month old long johns and all the ingrown hair and (censored).
Just think how grateful your LEGGS will be.
Leggs are grateful fer sure. Hair came off just like a wax job. Scraped em off with a gasket scraper and oiled em up with coconut oil, getting ready for the convoy.
Old 03-07-2015, 02:42 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmmmmm....

got haircut Thursday. bought special oil today for care of 94 jeep. just convinced killer cat to curl up on the wool blanket next to me. hurt like the dickens yesterday (over did it) morning parts chase n groceries stopped the
nerve stuff. t a k i n g I t e a s y now.
.......hubby threatens red man suit for me.

birch sap is medicinal/survival, almost like water. might check that out.
Old 03-07-2015, 04:11 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Looks like spring sprung here. Melting for the past few days, should be melting until August.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:48 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
I think it has sprung here too, Scotty. Our high on Tuesday is predicted at 86. Wow, haven't seen that in a loooooonnnnggggg time.

Filling up the ph00 and gone - - see morry some time.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:54 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hey folks, just a quick pop in to remind you all to turn your clocks forward this evening before bed. All except Scotty that is, as Saskatchewan doesn't observe Daylight Saving Time.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Haven't been on much lately. We did get the last of the corn hauled. Weather turned nice again. Thinking of taking the top off the amigo and going for a ride tomorrow. Or leave it on, it could be chilly by the time I get home.