Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***The Unending Winter 3/1-3/7***

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 08:09 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh goodness, TELL HIM use the land mines!!!!!!!! tired of getting jerked around.....snickr what now IPDs are in use?

sherod, man. you really have it rough down there. feel for all the folks. no one even made mint julips....

coug! keep on healin' bro! weird that Alaska has to search for snow. Yukon quest might use 4 wheelers...

1 degree tonight, bright sap moon.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:49 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Be very careful with the snow weight on the roofs!
Might want to pull some down.

Cougar, sending some comfort your way. Hope you're coping Ok.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:45 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning DTR!

Coffee is hot and fresh phoo for you know who....

Still cold here and lots of that nasty white stuff out there, good day to stay inside.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:57 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Good morning folks. Been too busy to be on the 'puter lately.
Typical March day here yesterday. The early morning was fantastic and we went out around 10ish with not even a breeze blowing. By the time we got home two hours later, there was a gale and the air was full of dust. Not very nice, but I will take that over what some of you are experiencing.

Off to try to get some work done. Tnx for the
Old 03-06-2015, 06:37 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning all. Hey Lary, thanks for that ph00..............................................ummmm, good.

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
You mean you stopped burying female contraceptive devices (IUD's) and started burying land mines?
Boy, can tell where your mind is. An IUD is an IDIOT UNDERGROUND DEMO-DEVICE. Boy. I knew some would not know what it is and ignore it. NOPE, gotta make something else out of it. I don't know about this gang.....................................................That's OK, we understand and overlook it - - have fun anywho.

Off on my day. Cooler today, only 75 for a high and overcast, possible rain. We are ahead this year on precips -- that is a good thing. Be good and look out if you try coming in the back way to the house. Front way is protected by normal means like howitzers, RPG's, machine gun, drones, etc.

Bobby
Old 03-06-2015, 07:16 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
^^^^^ Sounds like political mumbo ^^^^ jumbo back pedaling. ^^^^^

Old 03-06-2015, 08:37 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Weather warning for Florida

***The Unending Winter 3/1-3/7***-image-2790912811.jpg
Old 03-06-2015, 10:00 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Mornin friends and family. 33° and heavy slushy wet snow falling. Like driving on ball bearings. Funny thing on the news last night, the Alaska delegation was wondering around congress alone. Apparently everyone else stayed home. What's a little snow to us.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:36 AM
DTR Mom

got new mini laptop. do I swipe push edge sweep click hold or what? my head hurts just trying to get my favorite sites set up. new physical workout.

asus with intel hyper atom. double resolution power (yay); auto cloud but I disabled that. does not make breakfast. I checked.

temp is up over ten so I am tapping trees this afternoon, got at least a week of over 30s by day under 30s at night. sap stays under 41 degrees for sugar.

thinking of motorcycle family trip to ten/NC area for some challenging rides, show son the beauty of Blue Ridge.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:52 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Bright and sunny today. TV said about -15 last night. Couldn't tell it now. All that white stuff is getting under control. County plow just came by. Dug DW's car out, dusted my white truck out. Red truck gets to wait. Got a list of Honey-do's to do and supposed to take somebody home to their farm. They have been trapped in town for a couple days. Off we go....
Old 03-06-2015, 02:52 PM
DTR Mom

good to hear sherod! find out how nice strangers are after a shake up.

ice on top, snow, ice crust, soggy ground. tractor tire chain hit three point and snapped it, taking out fuel connections/filter. race car pace to shed back plow and fight deep snow to get back to barn, no luck. within sight but deep snow took remaining diesel. feel like a defeated nascar team.....

all equipment out but tapped one tree. used tractor to dig out sugarbush.
energy spent, looking for the vending machine to get more.....
Old 03-06-2015, 05:01 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
80* in San Diego today. We could sure use some precipitation.
More water rationing forthcoming.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:33 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Happy Friday all y'all. Life throws the strangest drama at us on occasion. First of all the dog had us worried today. Every once in a while, he just can't be bothered to eat. We asked our vet and she checked him out and said he is just being a puppy. Well this time he ignored food for 36 hours. He was getting really lethargic, acting uncomfortable and then started trembling. I am a worry wart so DW agreed to call vet. Before vet could call back DW decided to put a little beef broth on his food to see if that would get his attention. He loved that idea and scarfed back the bowl of food. 10 minutes later the symptoms were gone and he was tearing around the house. Then the vet called back. She said that he went so long without eating that he got hypoglycemic (opposite of diabetes) which made him feel crappy. When he felt bad, he didn't want to eat because he felt bad. Insert vicious cycle here. As soon as he ate the food with broth he started to feel better. He has now eaten 3 portions (1 day's worth) of dog food and is completely back to his normal self.
Then on my trip home the CEL came on, on my Toyota Echo. I got home, grabbed the code reader and got the following 'Leak in Evaporative Emission Control System (very small leak)'. I did a quick check on the Toyota site I use and it turns out that is the error code for 'you didn't tighten your gas cap properly you big loser'. I think it is possible there are too many computers in our vehicles these days.
I feel bad for all you getting more nasty winter weather. It is supposed to hit 60F here tomorrow. I saw on the news today that the start of the Iditarod had to be moved further north than planned as there is nothing but gravel and rocks where the start line was supposed to be.

Have a happy and safe Friday everyone.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:57 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
got new mini laptop. do I swipe push edge sweep click hold or what? my head hurts just trying to get my favorite sites set up. new physical workout.

asus with intel hyper atom. double resolution power (yay); auto cloud but I disabled that. does not make breakfast. I checked.

Go get Classic Shell and run it. Then you can flip back and forth between Windows 7 feel (computer) and Windows 8 (Telephone) at will.

We use it at work all the time. The Win8 OS is quite a bit more efficient than 7, but the shell gets clumsy to do real work with.
Old 03-07-2015, 04:48 AM
DTR Mom

GOOD MOOOOOrrrrrrrning diesel sniffers!!!!!!!! (farmer type greeting)

alas our NE farmer has gone to facebook.

worry not TG, a lot of tow customers felt awkward when I re set the gas cap or fuel bump button (read owners manual). some people I charged, most not. attitude is everything. all the computers now can still not fix themselves...

THANK YOU JM, you are my inside connection!!! will have to try that, right now still going between two mini laptops cause I cannot cut the cord. lol
8.1OS is for cell phones/minilaptops. tried the google watch, still has a way to go.

it is 20 degrees this AM, woo hooo fix the tractor and tap more trees.

feel for ya Dander, relatives in N Cali got swamped. tough going for all of you surf dudes,lol.

Quick Reply: ***The Unending Winter 3/1-3/7***