Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***The Unending Winter 3/1-3/7***

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 01:19 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TODS? The Old Dog Says....? The odd diesel sniffers? Top offers depends soon? The outdated dysfunctional seniors? and on and on...

I am soooo looking forward to laying in the sun. did it today while popping a dent in my jeep hood in the parking lot of the ortho doc's office. they shook their collective heads from inside.... almost forgot appt., doc is spitting image of movie star Channing Tatum or Top. xray within four seconds and ENG ordered at five minutes, all done. whatever they see, they no likey. see the neck nerve surgeons in April. I guess they are gonna compete.

at Bob's house, we get to play coffee roulette....I am in.

Stan, I have always been a US citizen. S ocial S ecurity A dministration handles disablility and retirement medical and financial disbursements for US workers. A clerical processing person in Baltimore Maryland told the computer that I am in the US illegally when it comes to paying me my monthly income check; erroneously. three times now, it has been the situation. I am now ready to let them deport me to ohhhh say St Lucia or some other warm third world country where I can play dive master for the tourists and lounge on the beach and eat fish tacos.....yup! I need to be deported. plane ticket please.

30s today, people have come out of hibernation, tomorrow high of 7 degrees F. -25 ?C then I am tapping trees regardless.

seeing son tonight, yippee!
Old 03-04-2015, 01:58 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I can hardly wait to play crack the whip with BobbyDependable's 5th wheel. The neighbors will be...'intrigued'.

TODS Twin OD South
TODN Twin OD North.

I'll bring my chainsaw...this'll be fun!
Old 03-04-2015, 02:03 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Snowmaggeddon II inbound. Anywhere from 4 to 16 inches expected. Went ahead and told the boss I was going to be sick tomorrow. For giggles, I filled out a leave request. Put down all my Comp Time, Annual Leave and Sick time. It worked out to 98 weeks. Think I'll get it approved??

Just blow the horn when you guys in the convoy pass by....
Old 03-04-2015, 02:46 PM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
I miss snow, my hair, my teeth, my mind.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:20 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Afternoon - - - took the blonde to see a high school friend and her husband that are down here staying warm. She had not seen her since HS. The two of them jabbered for 4 hours while he and I talked cars, trucks and politics. Fun.

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I sure hope Bob stocks the freezer and the liquor cabinet before he leaves
Oh you guys are going to be soooo disappointed. Told ya I can't stand the smell of the stuff, so any cabinet around here is stuffed with Ph00 - - Ph00 - - all flavors - - Ph00.................................................................I will wave at the convoy as I head the other way ...................

Going to grab some grub. Be good. Drive safe - - - many IUD's buried around house. ...............
Old 03-04-2015, 05:42 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob

Going to grab some grub. Be good. Drive safe - - - many IUD's buried around house. ...............
IUD's ? Whew...was worried there for a moment you might have buried IED's around the place.....I never heard of any guy getting hurt by a IUD so we are good to go there

Bob must be some kind of Studly fellow having buried IUD's all over Florida
Old 03-04-2015, 06:08 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
IUD's ? Whew...was worried there for a moment you might have buried IED's around the place.....I never heard of any guy getting hurt by a IUD so we are good to go there

Bob must be some kind of Studly fellow having buried IUD's all over Florida

Phoo is for amaretto
Phoo is for Kahlua
Phoo is for grand Marnia
Phoo is for creme DE cacao
Phoo is for Baileys
Phoo is for creme de menthe
Phoo is for Irish cream
Phoo is for Curacao
Phoo is for beer?

Party at BobbyDependable's!
Old 03-04-2015, 06:20 PM

I got nuthin on the IUD's....
Already iced in for the night. Roads are like glass. one of my coworkers also works at the Jim Beam Distillery down the road. He turned me on to Devils Cut. That stuff could be it's own food group! Not much for drinking since I got older, but that stuff is GOOD!

Put the battery charger on the tractor, blade is oiled, guess i know what I'll be doing in the morning. Bobby's place is looking better than ever!
Old 03-04-2015, 06:24 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Phoo is for Devil's Cut.

Be safe. Ice can take us down real fast.
Old 03-04-2015, 07:17 PM
Admin Team Leader

Ice is good in The Devils Cut
Old 03-04-2015, 09:06 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
woww eeee seems like we all need a break from whatever we have been experiencing......

chicken soup for ya cougar! hope you feel betta!

son had good days off. last night the plant roof caved in from snow. they will open maybe by his shift time. big plant multiple buildings, they had the fire towers all out checking other roof areas.....think four football stadiums and the parking lots. yeah, big plant all high security. good to see son and his clean apt. yay, very hospitable man!

lot more activity that I planned, outta here- shower and clean sheets are calling........
Old 03-05-2015, 05:49 AM
Admin Team Leader

Good Morning People!

I swept out all the IUD's and made hot coffee and Phoo for StudlyBob...breakfast is being handled by Cracker Barrel, get in here and get your favorites before they run out!

Be careful out there folks, much of the country is covered by snow and ice
Old 03-05-2015, 07:14 AM

The 10 inches forecast turned into 24. So much ice underneath that tractor and blade just sit and spin. And still supposed to get a bit more. I guess I should have stayed up last night and worked the road all night.

Anybody got a snow machine I can borrow for a while?
Old 03-05-2015, 07:27 AM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by sherod
The 10 inches forecast turned into 24. So much ice underneath that tractor and blade just sit and spin. And still supposed to get a bit more. I guess I should have stayed up last night and worked the road all night.
Crappy situation for sure...I have done the plow thing every couple hours when it is coming down hard at night and of course it helps on my drive. The downside is the rest of the 9 miles to town is maintained by the State and there is a good chance they haven't been able to get to it.

Secondary roads are just that, secondary priority and it helps little if their end isn't passable.

Originally Posted by sherod
Anybody got a snow machine I can borrow for a while?
I have a set of these I would loan you but I am liable to need them myself
Attached Thumbnails ***The Unending Winter 3/1-3/7***-%24_58.jpg  
Old 03-05-2015, 08:05 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Bbbbbrrrrrr.....good morning.
Forecast was for -9°. got up to -20°. Burned a brush pile last night. Went out at sunrise to throw the strays in to the coals. It was weird standing there on the East side of the little bonfire. Back felt warm from the rising sun, front warm from the fire. Feet freezing.

This is January stuff except for the sun's warmth. I hope Summer lands on a Sunday so we can have a picnic.

Quick Reply: ***The Unending Winter 3/1-3/7***