Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*** Skuttlebutt Thread *** 9/17 - 9/23

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 10:18 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Mornin all, gorgeous morning in the Smokies - - didn't even need a jacket this morning, just great warm sun and gentle breeze. Heading out to try and find the elk herd this afternoon - - didn't make it yesterday.

Second the thought on those donuts - - gotta be from Monday. Don't know who made the but no bristles in it - - that is good.

Ya'll have a great day,

Bob
Old 09-22-2006, 10:38 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it was in the mid 40's this morning. Makes me wish I had a jacket in the car. whoo hoo, my bus was cold this morning when I first started her up. takes it about 20 minutes of fast idle to get that old girl to produce heat for the passenger area.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAN !!! What a day.

We are having a watering down at the local drinking establishment because a couple of the officers picked up a rank as well as 3 new Chief's are also celebrating .... they payed for a couple kegs and a 6 foot sub sammich ... lots of good stuff. Naturally, if the stuff is FREE ... you will see ME !!

However ... earlier today, someone gave me a hand-me-down downhill bike. So I air up the tires .. looking good, two hours till the free beerfest starts ... no problem !! Fire down the hill ... all is cool. Get 5 miles into the 15 mile ride home and ... POP !! Front inner tube said "Auf Wiedesehen" and I don't have a fix-it kit or a pump.

Pushed it a mile to a gas station, tore it apart ...found the hole ... cussed a lot ... and then this real nice German guy offered to run to his house to get his repair kit. He hurried home and back ... we patched the tire, I said thanks and goodbye ... and then proceded to air it back up .... POP !! Now I have a 3" split in the inner tube, (next to a really sturdy patch ), no ride and 10 miles of hills to walk with 15 lbs of crap stuffed in my backpack and a bike with a really flat tire !! I ran into the guy that helped me while he was out riding his bike about 3 miles from the house and we had a good laugh .

Finally made it home a few minutes ago and I don't believe I will be going drinking tonight .

I sure hope there is still some coffee left in the pot ... probably road tar by now, but I ain't gonna complain.

Ya'll have a good un ... I hope you enjoy the weekend, It's supposed to be gorgeous !!

PISTOL