Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*** Skuttlebutt Thread *** 9/17 - 9/23

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 11:17 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
*** Skuttlebutt Thread *** 9/17 - 9/23

Someone has to start the correct thread. Might as well be me.
Old 09-17-2006, 12:24 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Geico266
Someone has to start the correct thread. Might as well be me.
You guy's have been having these threads for years, and I still don't understand why...
Old 09-17-2006, 02:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
REVEILLE, REVEILLE .... ALLL HANDS HEAVE OUT AND TRICE UP !!

I used to really hate hearing that on a Sunday. You are supposed to sleep in ... but noooooo .

I don't smell any coffee either ...what's the deal ??

PISTOL
Old 09-17-2006, 06:10 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Begle1
You guy's have been having these threads for years, and I still don't understand why...
"If I have to explain, You wouldn't understand".
It just the single thread for folks to give the daily howdy and see how/what everyone's up to.

Waiting for the galley to open.
Coffee's on.
I guess since SR was sent back to the Southwest on such short notice, he didn't have time to appoint a back-up trash can tosser.
Couple of minor jobs on the Honey-Do list.
Might have to watch the Washington-Dallas game tonight
Old 09-17-2006, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Waiting for the galley to open.
Coffee's on.
I think we I finally got through! The galley is on a ship and so is the skuttlebutt.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Geico266
I think we I finally got through! The galley is on a ship and so is the skuttlebutt.

Dad was a Navy man.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Dad was a Navy man.
Once a Navy man, always a Navy man. That goes for his adult male kids, who ride Harley's & drive CDT's! too!
Old 09-17-2006, 01:25 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
OK, where is the janitor???? No coffee on, pot is a mess, kitchen is a mess, no donuts - - Oh Scott - - where are you???? Get in here and get this stuff done, boy. (Bob ducking flying fry pans and dirty coffee pots and being chased by some ugly looking brush thingy)

Another gorgeous day in NC, but had to hit the AC for a while yesterday - - wow, first time for the whole trip. Glad it worked. Really pretty today. Three more days here, then heading for Maggie Valley for a week - - go down there and chase the elk.

Finally got a chance to wash off 6 weeks of grime from White Ghost - - she was sure dirty. She shook it off and grinned real big.

Take care, and, since others have sherked their duty today, there is chocolate almond coffee in the pot and some jelly donuts on the table - - come and get it. I even washed the pot - - - yuk.

Bob
Old 09-17-2006, 01:48 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
OK, where is the janitor???? No coffee on, pot is a mess, kitchen is a mess, no donuts - - there is chocolate almond coffee in the pot and some jelly donuts on the table - - come and get it. I even washed the pot - - - yuk. Bob
'Chocolate almond coffee'...

And of COURSE the kitchen is a mess, Geico was in there last. He always makes a skuttle-mess.

PLEASE tell me you didn't use that gritty green gunk to clean the pot. It took WEEKS to get that taste outta the coffee the last time.

Glad you're having a good time Bob! Where's this 'Maggie Valley'?

Stay safe in your travels!

chaikwa.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:29 AM

Monday AM.
Beautiful sunrise to start the work week.
It would be even more beautiful viewed from the side of a lake with a fishing rod in my hand.

Coffee's on, Wifey made ham-n-egg sammiches for breakfast again.
Sunday was our 12th anniversary.
I think I'll let her hang around for a few more years.

Y'all b safe,
Old 09-18-2006, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by chaikwa
And of COURSE the kitchen is a mess, Geico was in there last. He always makes a skuttle-mess.
Original, cleaver, well thought out, on task. Yep! We have a winner! Best new word of the month! Skuttle - Mess (For you non-boating types mess = kitchen)

Originally Posted by chaikwa
PLEASE tell me you didn't use that gritty green gunk to clean the pot. It took WEEKS to get that taste outta the coffee the last time.
I only used alittle!

You guys east of Nebraska get your long johns out! Wheeeeew! It's nippy! 45 degrees!
Old 09-18-2006, 07:24 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GOOD MORnING ALL........

Whats the weird odor in here? Chocolate and something else...
Has Fiver been trying to slip in the foo-foo "stuff" again? Real men drink THICK BLACK COFFEE, and without any "flavors" or other contaniments...
Anything else is just a waste of good caffine.

Jelly doughnuts are good though.....I'll take a couple of those!
Getting cool here, lows in the 40's and highs int eh 60's this week. I am not sure I am ready for the summer to be over and fall to start. I didnt get enough fishing, riding and napping accomplished yet.

Put in 80 lbs of grass seed over the weekend, on a fairly steep hillside that we havent been able to get anything growing on for a year now, hope it takes.

spent Sunday watching the Cheifs lose again...... at least they're consistant!

Well, y'all have a great day, be safe, be fun and remember to hug those ya hold dear.....

and keep Fiver away from the coffee pot!
Old 09-18-2006, 12:22 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
What do you mean "real men drink real coffee"???? I drink real coffee - - I have also found the "finer" things of life to spice up the pot. Boring drinking the same stuff all the time. Here I try to bring some civility into this mess called a kitchen and some cannot be enticed into broadening their horizons. Oh well, I tried. (wow, this blueberry coffee is marvelous)

Still in NC and enjoying the weather. Actually had to turn on the AC today - - a little warmish. Maggie Valley???? Maggie is in the NW corner of the state not far from Ashville. Gorgeous little valley. Heading there on Wednesday.

Have a great one,

HillbillyBob
Old 09-18-2006, 12:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
woke up to rain, you mean it is supposed to rain in washington? havent really had any rain in 2 1/2 months. of course washed, detailed, and polished yesterday. figures.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:43 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh how I aspire to be Fiverphil someday. Our farthest outing has been 130 miles. We head out for a 160 mile trip Friday, up to the Pocono's (can't wait). With my son in middle school and my wife's work schedule we are on the weekend warrior thing until at least March 08.
I need to plan our first spring trip soon, something warm would be nice!

Weather is absolutely beautiful here today, 73 and sunny, almost no humidity.

Driveway sealer guy did a fantastic job this morning, got us back to looking new again.

Quick Reply: *** Skuttlebutt Thread *** 9/17 - 9/23