Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*** Diesel Sniffers' Breakroom 2/15/15 - 2/21/15

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 01:59 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Medicinally induced Chinese therapy woks. It wheely does.
And I was just getting warming up for Chinese New Years.

Ewe guise ah Wong ah Wong.

Mmm dry garlic ribs........
Old 02-18-2015, 02:19 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Scotty, I you were flipping Hyundai's, even with one good arm you can dig her's out of the snow. Drifted in around it, level with the front of the hood. I don't think the traction control is quite up to it.

Came home early today to help DW with a sick doggie. Busted lots of drifts on the way home, but doggie is doing a bit better. Supposed to have a Dr. Appt noon tomorrow for the skin cancer. Hope I can make it out.

-35 wind chill tonight. Kentucky isn't used to that....
Old 02-18-2015, 02:35 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
Late meeting last night - - didn't get home 'til 11. Grrr, tough getting a bunch of hardheads to come together and agree on something. UUUppps, what am I calling myself??? DUH
I didn't know you are a deacon.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:07 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Boy howdy what a day....I found moo goo gai pan in my desk drawer here and mandarin duck in server cabinet.....I WONDER how that stuff got there eh?

Getting cold tonight Y'all stay safe and warm...that's an order
Old 02-18-2015, 11:34 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Boy howdy what a day....I found moo goo gai pan in my desk drawer here and mandarin duck in server cabinet.....I WONDER how that stuff got there eh?

Getting cold tonight Y'all stay safe and warm...that's an order
Thats not moo goo gai pan. Just sayin.
Crazy cold everywhere.

This rehab hurts as much as the surgery.
The surgeon said I had an additional layer of pectoral muscle. The result of doing weights for decades.
Getting the muscles going sure causes a lot of Chinese food containers. LoL

Pass the sweet n sour for Larys Leggs.

Hanynite Igonow
Old 02-19-2015, 02:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
Here's HiJackThis.

It tells you what's running, and what runs when you start up, even if it's hit and run. It does not, however, tell you what each item is. You have to discern it for yourself. If you don't know what you're doing, you can really wreck havoc on your computer, up to and including mortal damage, with HiJackThis.

PS. Loading this screen automatically downloads HJT, after about 30 seconds. All the other download buttons are unneeded junque.

If it doesn't automatically download, go to the root HJT page at sourceforge and pick the download button, which should reload this page.
I can run that, get a report, and get help with getting rid of anything though, right? Is it pretty easy to do that and not mess anything up in the process?

JWBM, we've been hauling corn, fixing a few things, hasn't been too bad out lately, other than we had some 70 degree days, and now anything under 50 is cold again.

Got a very pregnant kitty at my feet. She's got 4 mice in the last month. Before I even saw any sign I had them. Dang things seem to know to avoid traps.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:51 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning all - - - I am not fixing breakfast (you wouldn't eat it), but coffee, ph00 and hot water are all fresh, counter cleaned up, did not touch the floor and wear your old shoes coming in. Dragon is asleep right now.

.......................................Ph00 - - - YEH................

Off to finish my plumbing job.

Bob
Old 02-19-2015, 05:51 AM
Admin Team Leader

Coffee and Phoo are Hot, (morning Bob) assorted baked goodies and fruit on the counter lets get after it!

Good Morning people HUMP DAY! is here!
Old 02-19-2015, 06:29 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Top your a day late and a dollar short it Thursday best I can tell.

It's only -7 outside with about 18 inches of the white stuff out in the yard.

Brown beans corn bread and fries taters for supper.
Old 02-19-2015, 06:33 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Morning all. Thanks Bob for breakfast.

Scotty, you ever going become 100% again? Soon?

Ever had one of those days where everything you touch seems to go wrong? I had one yesterday. Thought that I would have 2 or 3 hours easy plumbing job as I modified my pump and pressure tank to match my new RO system. Ran into all kinds of small but time taking problems. Just after noon drained the pressure tank as I suspected that the bladder was kaput. It was, so then needed to run out to buy a new tank. No exact tank with the same height available. The new tank is bit taller, which means that it would not fit under the overhang where it resides. Needed to cut a bit off the stand and remove all the galvanised fittings and change to copper to squeeze it in. Now my pressure gauge and non return valve are totally relocated. The system is now working, but as soon as it gets light enough to work, need to go out and tidy up. Have a galvanised 1" union on the suction side that refuses to stop dripping slowly, plus a few other few items to make the job look good. It's been an expensive month for home maintenance.

Some of you are going to hate me, but for a while yesterday morning was working outside in shorts only, no shirt. Had to put it back on as the sun got too hot and I was starting to burn. Another gorgeous day going to happen today too. Cloudless, 25C forecast.

Grabbing another cup, finish my morning reading and then heading outside to "enjoy" the plumbing work.

Have a great day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:25 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
I can run that, get a report, and get help with getting rid of anything though, right? Is it pretty easy to do that and not mess anything up in the process?
It runs a report, and presents a manipulation screen for everything that starts or runs or is running. Most of it is legitimate. If you don't know what you are doing, and delete the wrong thing, you can easily BRICK your computer. (Make it functionally equivalent to a brick)

There are forums where you can send your HiJackThis report and someone will interpret it for you.

Minus 19° here this morning. Cranked up Blue, put a space heater on the console and let it run for 1/2 hour. Almost had the frost off the windshield. Went to the truss plant and got a load of scrap for fuel. It'll last aboaut 4 days.

Where's all that promised Global Warming?
Old 02-19-2015, 08:26 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Nobody in the medical side is giving me their prognosis.
I'm gaining ground. I anticipate being of or close to 100% by May.

Going for third reassessment of the wound depth etc.

Hoping for less than a week to go with the packing.

Lary might be confused more than usual this morning.
A shrimp is hiding in his left nostril while some green beans seek shelter in his ears.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:50 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Coffee and Phoo are Hot, (morning Bob) assorted baked goodies and fruit on the counter lets get after it!

Good Morning people HUMP DAY! is here!
Time warp, too much msg
Hump day no today yeah?
Old 02-19-2015, 09:43 AM
Admin Team Leader

I lost a day some where......they all seem to blur together ever since I started eating those colorful mushrooms under those fallen trees

Wow! was that a 3 toed sloth crawling down the curtains?
Old 02-19-2015, 10:42 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Blue chickens everywhere.
Wow man
Ok repacked. The tunnel going into the biceps is closed.
The one running at 12:00 is down to 1cm from 3.5!
Only 3 cm of packing.
Maybe one more week of this.

Where'd that boat wheel come from and why is everything all stretchy looking.

Why is there a ceiling fan on this floor?

Quick Reply: *** Diesel Sniffers' Breakroom 2/15/15 - 2/21/15