Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*** The Convalescent Aches and Pains Breakroom, Oct 5 to Oct 11 ***

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 12:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
New phone. Trying a smart phone. We'll see how it goes. Went to pull the memory card out of the old one. Shoot. Flip phone, no card. Copy phone numbers across manually. Danggit.Had to open a google account, too. Why I'm not sure. Didn't know they were into building LG phones, too.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:32 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Mad, come on down. I am only a 10 hour drive from the Brownsville border. Think that is probably the closest for you. There is another one, but will tell you about that if you ever become serious.
I appreciate it, but that's probably still a few years away. No clue on the computer...

Originally Posted by Scotty
Mark, thanks for reminding me of that timeless prank. I'm going to a roast for a friend next wknd...their pantry will never be the same. Hope I don't find the Krazy Glue.
One good thing as you get older, you are rarely a suspect.
It's a good life. If you wanted to be nice, you could number the tops of the cans for them. Nothing else, just give them a glimmer of hope

Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
New phone. Trying a smart phone. We'll see how it goes. Went to pull the memory card out of the old one. Shoot. Flip phone, no card. Copy phone numbers across manually. Danggit.Had to open a google account, too. Why I'm not sure. Didn't know they were into building LG phones, too.
And it begins... don't worry, you'll be smarter soon! I still don't do a lot with mine except pay for it.

Mornin... Coffee is on, nice and strong, so be careful. I was halfway to work before I realized I left my truck at home! I claimed my first puking victim of this class at PT this morning... I always save it for the second session to break them in good. I love it when chaplain students hurl!

Have a good one!
Old 10-06-2014, 06:39 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Morning all. Where is everybody? Does nobody know that it is Monday and that you are supposed to be up and doing things? Go, go go!

Coffee? Is that what it is? I now have a new path down to my stomach. Thanks Mark. I think.

Gone. Unlike the lazybones here, I have lots to do. Been up for ages already and doing.

Ciao.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:56 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
This was a Catholic wedding, so followed the usual Catholic format...
I've been to Catholic ceremonies and services in the past. There's more standing up then sitting down than anything else. Always feel like I'm in an aerobics class, but realize about 1/2 way thru the service that aerobics don't last as long or have as much movement.

Originally Posted by madhat
That poison ivy is no joke.
Brake Clean.

New phone. Trying a smart phone. Had to open a google account, too.
Which is another reason I'll never have a 'smart' phone. Letting Google track my every move doesn't sound so smart to me!

Morning everyone. Haven't been around much lately. It's our busy time of year, plus I just don't have the patience to fight with the site every morning. It's become a chore I don't look forward to when I have a 20 hour day ahead of me. This morning everything worked perfectly tho. If I could only count on it to stay that way...
Old 10-06-2014, 08:12 AM
Administrator

Received 172 Likes on 130 Posts
Keep us advised, I have no choice but to get a new phone, my poor 6 year old Nokia is just about dead, she won't ring anymore, and if I don't feel it vibrating, I miss calls ( not a good thing ).

All the new flip phones I find on my ATT plan are cheap junk...... so I guess it is a Samsung Galaxy 5 for me..... I still think I will break it.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:14 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boo
Old 10-06-2014, 08:33 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I had to get a new phone recently. Glad I had gmail/google for my contacts cuz the old ph was crushed and couldn't move contacts.
I got the google LG Nexus 5. Better then I expected.

Mark, we would hand a vomit bag to folks up here. The bottoms were cut out.

Allturd phoo goo has been churning for awhile. Don't stray too far from the bowl.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:55 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Boo
Getting ready for Halloween?
Old 10-06-2014, 10:03 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Morning to all the broken and semi crippled.
My wife decorated for holloween yesterday.

Going out to take care of some stuff you all be careful
Old 10-06-2014, 10:05 AM

Received 451 Likes on 343 Posts
I guess, it seems as though at least I've moved on from trying to pick up lesbians and psychowenches. That's progress, right?
So I'm not the only one.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:32 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hey MH, good seeing you around some more. Been gone myself so maybe you have been here more than I thought.

Sadly another funeral this morning. A very nice Amish lady - - she was very gentle and loved by all that knew her and her kids worshipped her. She had 7 children, 21 grandchildren and 29 greatgrandkids. One of her daughters married one of my sons best friends - - that is now we knew her so well. The chapel was 1/2 filled with family. One of her daughters was mentally handicapped and she always worried who would take care of her when she was gone. Well, that daughter developed brain cancer and died 3 months ago. It was almost like OK, it is all right for me to go now. My wife and I have had some long talks today since the funeral. Sometimes you have to look in the mirror and at your loved ones and make sure they know how you feel about them. Life can be sooooo short.

Just smelled the messed up ph00 - - - then I looked - - yep sphere man has been around and messed it - - - dumped it, fresh pot is on, grabbing mine before he notices and I am gone. ..................

Bob
Old 10-06-2014, 02:56 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Hi Bobby.

Sorry bout another funeral.

Hopefully you didn't use the coffees' in the break room.

Don't wander too far.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:45 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cougar
So I'm not the only one.
If they look you in the eye, run.....or shorter hair than you......or bigger sideburns/moustache....well, just run.

Originally Posted by chaikwa
poison ivy=Brake Clean. uh, no! I will actually listen to the docs on this one.

I just don't have the patience to fight with myself every morning. It's become a chore I don't look forward to when I have my wardrobe worked out perfectly tho. If I could only count on it to stay that way...
fixed it fer ya, prima scotta. go look pretty for your public.

MADSON! CHRIS my HERO!!! what a special treat this week.

Mad, isn't there some rectifying to do later if you beat up chaplains?
hope travel was nice, and you wore the SMITH nametag....
Chris, whacha got goin on now rancherman?

docs, meds and back home to rest. MRSA sux. took poison ivy to a whole new level of bad. pretty bad when you get intubated in the waiting room cause you can't breathe....had to smile for the little kids. no worries!
glad I was an EMT....no stress when I am my own patient, I guess. my hubby about passed out, he got ice cream. dang!

not working at all Heidi!
Old 10-06-2014, 05:02 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey yall. Glad to see the gang up and kicking.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:34 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
docs, meds and back home to rest. MRSA sux. took poison ivy to a whole new level of bad. pretty bad when you get intubated in the waiting room cause you can't breathe....had to smile for the little kids. no worries!
glad I was an EMT....no stress when I am my own patient, I guess. my hubby about passed out, he got ice cream. dang!

not working at all Heidi!
Wait. You went in with poison ivy, and brought home MRSA?

Quick Reply: *** The Convalescent Aches and Pains Breakroom, Oct 5 to Oct 11 ***