Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

****BREAKROOM - 3/9 to 3/15****

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 08:54 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bark
Today, for the first time in my life, I paid somebody to shove a camera up my butt.
Yep, been there done that..... didnt want the t-shirt..
Originally Posted by chaikwa
Detail? We wanna see the PICTURES! We wanna see if one end looks the same as the other!
NO we dont...

the night before was bad...real bad.....

but afterwards the Doc did give me a note for THE BOSS, proving once and for all that my head was NOT up there...
Old 03-13-2014, 08:56 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn

but afterwards the Doc did give me a note for THE BOSS, proving once and for all that my head was NOT up there...
But did they find that lost TV remote?... inquiring minds want to know!
Old 03-13-2014, 09:04 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
But did they find that lost TV remote?... inquiring minds want to know!
seriously!
The doc told me that almost every guy will ask if they found:
1) car keys
2) his brain
3) the remote
4) critters of some type
5) the lost ark
and 6) his dads boot/shoe
and many claim the doc wont call them/respect them the next morning...

which just proves somethings are universal...
Old 03-13-2014, 09:21 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Which proves that us guys are all pretty nervous about some guy messing around back there to the point we all try to brush it off with silly humor
Old 03-13-2014, 10:11 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Doesn't work for me...they try to put me to sleep but it seldom works very well...I was wide awake when they built my new hip....Doctors were freaked out but they got over it and moved on just the same. Same thing with this test I go to sleep just long enough to wheel me into the room and then I talk with the Doc through the whole procedure...

I had both ends done as well
Very similar experience. Poor doc was shocked when I said; "go back a bit. I saw something waving." The monitor was two feet from my face.
Had a transverse esophageal echo cardiogram one time.
Only one nurse understood why when they asked how I felt after the test I said I felt like Linda.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It aint the test its the night before that truly sucks.
I think someone wrote a book about that. The Night of 1000 Waterfalls.
Hopefully not with the same instrument!

Was 70 here today. Nice and sunny but a strong wind blowing too. Called dad he says "I'll call you later I'm plowing snow".
Doesn't work for me...they try to put me to sleep but it seldom works very well...I was wide awake when they built my new hip....Doctors were freaked out but they got over it and moved on just the same
Had a med student sew my finger shut, couldn't believe I watched it. Told him once he finally listened and numbed the whole finger instead of sticking the needle in the wound I may as well get some entertainment out of it too cause I couldn't feel it. Thought about the gall bladder surgery for a very short time. Have a friend who says he woke up on his back watching some medical show on TV and every time they pulled on an organ he felt something getting tugged on in his gut. They were checking for internal injury from a knife wound, and it was a mirror not a TV.

Got a bunch of barb wire to take down and roll up, some trees to cut, and dirt to move. Probably work all weekend.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:55 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow. After reading all the comments I didn't realize the procedure was so common. I hope its not something exclusive only to DTR members.

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Last year they did both ends at the same time. Never had that before.
My brother has also had the colonoscopy and endoscopy done at the same time.
He said they do the colonoscopy first so the instrument gets cleaned off during the second part. I hope he was lying.
Just notice NEfrmhnd posted the same fear.

-On a related note. I got a PM from one of our members saying he would shove a camera up my butt for free but we had to use my camera.
-People on DTR are so nice.
~
Old 03-14-2014, 05:50 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am here! no history and go pro for where you go.......

off to get some pictures of my mom and dad. brother (adopted) took everything, have to beg.....so I guess that fits with today's conversations.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:57 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Which proves that us guys are all pretty nervous about some guy messing around back there to the point we all try to brush it off with silly humor
That's because that is NOT an on-ramp, it's an off-ramp. If you look at the camera footage, you'll see the little red signs that say 'Wrong Way-Go Back'!

Originally Posted by Bark
I got a PM from one of our members saying he would shove a camera up my butt for free but we had to use my camera.
I wanna know who that is. Probably everyone wants to know, just so we can steer clear of 'em!

Mornin' all.

It is Friday, March 14th.

1629 - A Royal charter was granted to the Massachusetts Bay Colony.

1743 - First American town meeting was held at Boston's Faneuil Hall.

1794 - Eli Whitney received a patent for his cotton gin.

1900 - U.S. currency went on the gold standard with the ratification of the Gold Standard Act.

1904 - The U.S. Supreme Court upheld the governments claim that the Northern Securities Company was an illegal merger between the Great Northern and Northern Pacific Railway companies.

1914 - Henry Ford announced the new continuous motion method to assemble cars. The process decreased the time to make a car from 12½ hours to 93 minutes.

1923 - President Harding became the first U.S. President to file an income tax report.

1932 - George Eastman, the founder of the Kodak company, committed suicide.

1936 - Adolf Hitler told a crowd of 300,000 that Germany's only judge is God and itself.

1943 - U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt became the first U.S. President to fly in an airplane while in office.

1945 - In Germany, a 22,000 pound "Grand Slam" bomb was dropped by the Royal Air Force Dumbuster Squad on the Beilefeld railway viaduct. It was the heaviest bomb used during World War II.

1947 - The U.S. signed a 99-year lease on naval bases in the Philippines.

1951 - U.N. forces recaptured Seoul for the second time during the Korean War.

1964 - A Dallas jury found Jack Ruby guilty of the murder of Lee Harvey Oswald.

1967 - John F. Kennedy's body was moved from a temporary grave to a permanent one.

1983 - OPEC agreed to cut its oil prices by 15% for the first time in its 23-year history.

1989 - Imported assault guns were banned in the U.S. under President George H.W. Bush.

1995 - American astronaut Norman Thagard became the first American to enter space aboard a Russian rocket.

1996 - U.S. President Bill Clinton committed $100 million for an anti-terrorism pact with Israel to track down and root out Islamic militants.

2002 - A Scottish appeals court upheld the conviction of a Libyan intelligence agent for the 1988 bombing of Pan Am Flight 103. A five-judge court ruled unanimously that Abdel Basset Ali al-Megrahi was guilty of bringing down the plane over Lockerbie, Scotland.

Today's thought:
Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.

C0ffee & ph00 are ready. Maybe B0b will get up before it starts to ferment.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:46 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Doesn't work for me...they try to put me to sleep but it seldom works very well...I was wide awake when they built my new hip....Doctors were freaked out but they got over it and moved on just the same. Same thing with this test I go to sleep just long enough to wheel me into the room and then I talk with the Doc through the whole procedure...
Funny. My last time in for this, the guy said OK, you are going to go to sleep. I lay there talking with him while he was doing his thing - - he kept looking at me with these questions in his eye *****. I am starting to feel the stuff working but kept on talking. Finally he said, Hey, you are supposed to go to sleep. I said, OK, OK, you just said I was going to go - - not TO GO. You want me to go to sleep? He said YES. OK, OK, I will - - see ya. And I was gone. Woke up as they were wheeling me out of the room. Fun that way.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:49 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
C0ffee & ph00 are ready. Maybe B0b will get up before it starts to ferment.
I have been up fuzzy one. Been up since 5. Just busy. Finally had breaky and came to see if someone had made ph00 - - - HURRAAAAAA - - you did. Good man. Grabbing mine and go do something creative. Thanks.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:20 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
>>> <<<
Old 03-14-2014, 10:22 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Just dropped in for a,,,,,,,,,,, Hay, no doughnuts!
Old 03-14-2014, 11:42 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I was having torn cartilage removed from my right wrist and woke up during the middle of the productre and said "so that's what the inside of my wrist looks like"

The doc said yes it is we will be done in a few mintiues and point at the anasthilist and nodded downward within a couple seconds I was out
Old 03-14-2014, 04:18 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
When I was getting a couple of fingers repaired that I sort of knocked off with a radial arm saw, the surgeon kept having to send someone down to the pharmacy for this or that button or suture or whatever. I started to make snide remarks about it. Next thing I knew, surgery was over and the anesthesiologist said, "you had a pretty nice nap."

When I got the bill, there was some medicine on it that I didn't recognize, so I asked my GP about it. He said, "This one was to counter failing blood pressure, this one was to get your heart beating, this one was to directly counter the anesthetic, and this one was to help get your blood ph back to normal after all the other stuff." Long story short, they almost killed me to shut me up.

I don't like doctors, hopspitals, drugs, or any other interference with life.

Quick Reply: ****BREAKROOM - 3/9 to 3/15****