Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*****2nd Day of Summer BREAKROOM *****

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 07:18 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Shorts
Howdy Tallguy.
I can imagine how good the dinner and relief from work is after such a physically demanding day. Sounds pretty nice.

The "liquid ice" gave me goosebumps lol I swam this morning and the water temp was ~87*. I've been in there at 74* and biscuits no! It's coooolllld! What kind of water temps does your pool stay at for the summer?
Shorts, right now the water is 40F, we will swim in it as soon as it it over 75F.

We don't have a heater for the pool so we count on Mother Nature.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:52 AM

Were going to work calves in the morning. Doesn't sound like it. Raining pretty good. Wish it would dry up some, tired of the skeeters.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:40 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Morning. Fresh coffee is on. No Bob, so no Ph00. Being that this is summer, have left an assortment of fresh fruit on the counter and in the fridge for you. No spitting of the watermelon seeds at the dragon. Go outside if you want to spit.

Its still o'dark thirty, so why am I up so early? I don't know. Stooopid body that does not know how to wake up at a gentlemanly hour!

Going to do some cleanup in my workshop this morning. I am convinced that "stuff" on the shelves and in boxes propagate overnight. How else would there be so much "stuff" there that I have no more space?

Have a good day, y'hear.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:59 AM
Administrator

Mornin'.

Didn't sleep for poo last nite. Lack of sleep makes me moody(er) and grumpy(er). Then I find pincher bugs in my coffee cup. It's earlier than I usually see them coming inside, which means an early winter. THAT makes me grumpy(er) too.

It is Monday, June 23rd.

1683 - William Penn signed a friendship treaty with Lenni Lenape Indians in Pennsylvania.

1836 - The U.S. Congress approved the Deposit Act, which contained a provision for turning over surplus federal revenue to the states.

1860 - The U.S. Secret Service was created to arrest counterfeiters.

1865 - Confederate General Stand Watie, who was also a Cherokee chief, surrendered the last sizable Confederate army at Fort Towson, in the Oklahoma Territory.

1868 - Christopher Latham Sholes received a patent for an invention that he called a "Type-Writer."

1926 - The first lip reading tournament in America was held in Philadelphia, PA.

1931 - Wiley Post and Harold Gatty took off from New York on the first round-the-world flight in a single-engine plane.

1947 - The U.S. Senate joined the House in overriding President Truman's veto of the Taft-Hartley Act.

1952 - The U.S. Air Force bombed power plants on Yalu River, Korea.

1964 - Henry Cabot Lodge resigned as the U.S. envoy to Vietnam and was succeeded by Maxwell Taylor.

1966 - Civil Rights marchers in Mississippi were dispersed by tear gas.

1972 - U.S. President Nixon and White House chief of staff H.R. Haldeman discussed a plan to use the CIA to obstruct the FBI's Watergate investigation.

2003 - Apple Computer Inc. unveiled the new Power Mac desktop computer.

2004 - The U.S. proposed that North Korea agree to a series of nuclear disarmament measures over a three-month period in exchange for economic benefits.

Today's thought:
We can't be afraid of change. You may feel very secure in the pond that you are in, but if you never venture out of it, you will never know that there is such a thing as an ocean, a sea. Holding onto something that is good for you now, may be the very reason why you don't have something better.

Thanks for the coffee Stan!
Old 06-23-2014, 06:22 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Morning yall.
Good fruit Stan, thanks. Compliments the oatmeal and coffee. A cup of milk out to round it out. Good luck with stuff in the garage. That stuff creeps up on you. You know what I heard helps? A move.

NE, I read "working calves" and thought, "Leg day!" But you mean different calves not attached to your leggs. Sounds like it'll be a muddy.

Tallguy, still sounds a little chilly to this southern girl, you northerners amaze me with your climate tolerance We've got a heater in ours but don't use it. I'm impressed how quickly the day to day temps move the water temp. Well, won't have a pool much longer but fun while it lasted. Looks like I'm gonna have to become a beach bum again lol

Tough wake up this morning. Not from tired, but from what's on my plate overall. It's that bit of dread that your brain remembers of the stuff you're dealing with. As I type that I just saw Chaikwa's thought for the day, and I believe it true, just have to keep putting action to it to get past the dread. These feelings in the morning have just re-started in the last couple days. I'd get them the first week when this all first went down. Tells me I'm still rolling through the process. I peeled myself out of bed and started the day. Dentist appt this morning, one of those fancy, expensive, painful deep cleanings. Not looking forward to it Where's my Tylenol?!
Old 06-23-2014, 08:24 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Morning guys,gals, and "others"...

Bark, if you realy wanna know how that's done, I got a video I'll send ya detailing collection, determining spermatozoa motility and preperation, and finishing up with proper finger technique during insmination.
(Used to AI mares in addition to live cover ehen we werestanding the stallions)
Got a buddy up in Ne who'd probably let ya collect for him,again, that would be from a stallion
Let me know......

Today's word is for our Canuck friends

droke
drohk, noun
1. Canadian (chiefly Atlantic Provinces and Northwest Territories). a valley with steeply sloping sides.

After a long hiatus, the callipygous sheep meandered into the droge to find the Canadian agrarians awaiting.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:26 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Its so saturated here the earth worms are purging from the ground, drowning.
Thick fog in my head matches the thick fog outside.

I met Scotfarmer. When he does calves, he overhead presses them so they can see beyond their pond like in the thought for the day.
I think I droke a nail climbing out of this proverbial foggy droke.

Thanks for the fixins StantheManfromMexican
Old 06-23-2014, 09:07 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning! I was out on the mountain this morning watching the deer work their way up the droke toward my salt and mineral blocks...they cross over the ridge here, lick the blocks then move down the other droke to the pond...beautiful peaceful morning

Hope you all have a terrific day!
Old 06-23-2014, 09:55 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Made it out to the cabin yesterday. Collected my tools, cleaned the place up, and hung a For Sale sign on it. So much for another great idea.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:37 PM

Smile, it's Monday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHNczNvOnGc&sns=em
Old 06-23-2014, 02:23 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Thanks, thats so uplifting. I'm going to play it over and over and...
Old 06-23-2014, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty
Thanks, thats so uplifting. I'm going to play it over and over and...
Yes, it's the kinda thing that sticks with you....
Old 06-23-2014, 05:54 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pop in: rode bikes/hiked trail/climbed waterfalls/worked on chairs/moved brush from dropped walnut trees/mowed yard 7 acres. got up early and made pancakes with syrup.

fun here is spring fed ponds/ streams. sooooooo think about 50 degrees in the sunshine. looked at the pond today before making supper.

they are putting in immigration children secretly near here. gov won't admit it is INS. natives here are getting fed up with taking care of everyone else, legal or illegal.

thought about you today chaikwa.....saw a Scottish Highlander (furry, stubborn and knows he is handsome) snicker snicker lol miss ya.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:42 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Top I just missed seeing you at sams today but you pulled a SF dissapering act.
Hope everyone has had a good one and have all your pieces attached.

I discovered how great a wife I have thanks to this injury she will help me get dressed cut my food up as needed help wash parts of me I can't get without use of my left hand help cut up the new dressings for my hand as needed and so forth. I found me a keeper this time.

Now back to the regularly scheduled program
Old 06-23-2014, 08:01 PM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
I'll have what he's having.

Quick Reply: *****2nd Day of Summer BREAKROOM *****