Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*****2nd Day of Summer BREAKROOM *****

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 05:50 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
*****2nd Day of Summer BREAKROOM ***** 6/22-6/28

Wake up wake up wake up!

Coffee is brewing, oatmeal is on the counter. I have a delivery guy coming by with ham and donuts. If you want eggs you need to chase down the chicken in the yard.

Hope everyone has a good day and a better week

Last edited by Shorts; 06-22-2014 at 05:51 AM. Reason: I forgot the date
Old 06-22-2014, 06:41 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Shorts
I have a delivery guy coming by with ham and donuts.
Is that what you kids are callin' it these days?

Mornin'all!

It is Sunday, June 22nd.

1807 - British seamen board the USS Chesapeake, a provocation leading to the War of 1812.

1832 - J.I. Howe patented the pin machine.

1868 - Arkansas was re-admitted to the Union.

1870 - The U.S. Congress created the Department of Justice.

1933 - Germany became a one political party country when Hitler banned parties other than the *****.

1940 - France and Germany signed an armistice at Compiegne, on terms dictated by the *****.

1941 - Under the codename Barbarossa, Germany invaded the Soviet Union.

1942 - A Japanese submarine shelled Fort Stevens at the mouth of the Columbia River.

1942 - V-Mail, or Victory-Mail, was sent for the first time.

1944 - U.S. President Franklin Roosevelt signed the "GI Bill of Rights" to provide broad benefits for veterans of the war.

1945 - During World War II, the battle for Okinawa officially ended after 81 days.

1946 - Jet airplanes were used to transport mail for the first time.

1970 - U.S. President Richard Nixon signed an extension of the Voting Rights Act of 1965. It required that the voting age in the United States to be 18.

1973 - Skylab astronauts splashed down safely in the Pacific after a record 28 days in space.

1980 - The Soviet Union announced a partial withdrawal of its forces from Afghanistan.

1992 - The U.S. Supreme Court unanimously ruled that hate-crime laws that ban cross-burning and similar expressions of racial bias violated free-speech rights.

1998 - The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that evidence illegally obtained by authorities could be used at revocation hearings for a convicted criminal's parole.

1999 - The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that persons with remediable handicaps cannot claim discrimination in employment under the Americans with Disability Act.

Today's thought:
Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you were.

Thanks for opening the BR today M!

Good c0ffee too!
Old 06-22-2014, 07:57 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Good day y'all. Mix of blue sky and clouds here this morning. Rainy night. Lotsa rain. 36 mm last night. The rainy season is here, so therefore it could rain almost every night now for a couple of months.

Shorts, thanks for opening the breakroom. Ham and donuts? I think that is a new one, even for the **** breakroom. Go ahead, spoil us. Maybe the janitor will get the hint. Awwww, forget it. He is apparently hintless.
Enjoyed your comment about hoping something would get struck by lightening. Hope that things will just keep on improving for you.

Clint, ouch!!!!!! That must have smarted. Maybe you need this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esnQwVZOrUU

Chris, what started all these strange highfalutin words?

Must be lots of old pharts on this site. What is all this talk about Ginger, the professor, Mary-Ann, Mrs. Howell? No idea who they are.

Bark, your disgusting, yucky freezer is, well, disgusting. Unfortunately I do know exactly what you are talking about, although yours sounds worse than most.

Heidi, you do lead an interesting life. Thanks for sharing.

Bob, enjoy your time in the fiver. I envy you. Been thinking about getting another fiver, but the ever increasing cost of fuel is scaring me off.

Have no truck for the week. It is in the beauty shop for a makeover. Decided that after all these years of miscellaneous mysterious dings and scratches to have it gone over. The tailgate has some deep scratches from a wheelbarrow full of concrete rubble that got ran into it when it was down. Not by me, some hired help. The RH side has numerous marks and the front bumper is scratched. So having the LH side, hood and roof polished, the bumper and entire LH side and the tailgate repainted. Also having it painted black between the windows. I know this body shop and his work is top notch. In fact, the repainted areas will probably look better then the factory. All this will be done with the best quality paint and clear coat. When I get it back in a few days it will look like new again. You guys and gals will cry if I told you how little it will cost me.

Off to enjoy the day. Hope yours is fantastic.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by chaikwa
Is that what you kids are callin' it these days?

Thanks for opening the BR today M!

Good c0ffee too!
I needed that good laugh this morning. Thanks Chaikwa.

Morning Stan Bet the truck will be pretty happy getting a 'freshen up'.
Old 06-22-2014, 10:08 AM

Shorts, saw a video recently of a truck getting hit by lightning. There were 4 holes in the pavement where the truck was at the time of the hit.
Had lightning hit a power pole beside the truck twice. First time I was sleeping on the floor and it splattered mud down the side of the side of the tank. Dad wouldn't let me out at the milk plant to see it.
Second time it knocked out my stereo, CB, and headlights. Luckily shutting everything off and turning it back on brought them all back to life.
Old 06-22-2014, 10:09 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Tried the ham on the donut. Lots better than the hamburger on the donut last year at the fair. Nice morning to wash and wax the cars and trucks. Which one of you are heading my way to help?????

Shorts- If you need to spend some energy, and forget things, here's your chance!! Stay positive, even the darkest night only lasts a little while..
Old 06-22-2014, 10:09 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
G'day eh.
Hope awl ewe fokes have agudun.

NeEd MoRE kOfFeE
Old 06-22-2014, 10:48 AM

Asked dad how to get into the one milk plant he used to haul into one time, and how I thought you got there. He told me I was nuts, I was too young to remember that. Pulled up a map of cleveland heights, found where I thought it was, did a google search, and guess what? I was right. Even the building looked familiar. Last time I was there would have been about 1990 or 91. 9 or 10 years old.
Old 06-22-2014, 02:18 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sherod
Tried the ham on the donut. Lots better than the hamburger on the donut last year at the fair. Nice morning to wash and wax the cars and trucks. Which one of you are heading my way to help?????

Shorts- If you need to spend some energy, and forget things, here's your chance!! Stay positive, even the darkest night only lasts a little while..
ham on a maple doughnut with bacon sprinkles...

I think I need to go back for another three mile run now...
Old 06-22-2014, 03:28 PM

Fresh pot of coffee on for Scotty.

Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
Shorts, saw a video recently of a truck getting hit by lightning. There were 4 holes in the pavement where the truck was at the time of the hit.
Had lightning hit a power pole beside the truck twice. First time I was sleeping on the floor and it splattered mud down the side of the side of the tank. Dad wouldn't let me out at the milk plant to see it.
Second time it knocked out my stereo, CB, and headlights. Luckily shutting everything off and turning it back on brought them all back to life.
Man I have to find that video now.

Is it true that you feel the hair stand up on your neck before the lightening strikes? I also wondered if my truck would just shut down on the road if it got struck. Then I'd end up in the flooded ditch fighting off alligators.

Originally Posted by sherod

I'll bring my bucket! Been needing to do that except with it raining every afternoon it would be useless to wash my truck right now.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:19 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Clint, ouch!!!!!! That must have smarted. Maybe you need this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esnQwVZOrUU

What is all this talk about Ginger, the professor, Mart-Anne, Mrs. Howell? No idea who they are. [.
Stan I have already checked on one of those after my injury the cheapest one is $1659 but that's cheap compared to what the medical bills are going to be. I will send you a pic of what it looks like after surgury if you want.

Heres a intro to the the people on Gillian's island.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kvA0pd_1MxQ
Old 06-22-2014, 06:40 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Good evening DTR'onians, happy Sunday Shorts, RR1 ,Stan, Sherod, NE_Farm, FO and Chaikwa. Stick a fork in me, I am done. Today was a day of manual labor but DW and I got lots accomplished. Our final job was to put the pool up for the year. Unfortunately, because we are on a well, it takes 2 days to get it filled and our well water is liquid ice. It should be good to use in 2 weeks, if we have good weather.

It is one of our best evenings of the year so far, it is sunny, warm and not windy. Finally!!!! Time for fresh burgers, veggies and a glass or two of wine.

Play safe all y'all.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:03 PM

Howdy Tallguy.
I can imagine how good the dinner and relief from work is after such a physically demanding day. Sounds pretty nice.

The "liquid ice" gave me goosebumps lol I swam this morning and the water temp was ~87*. I've been in there at 74* and biscuits no! It's coooolllld! What kind of water temps does your pool stay at for the summer?
Old 06-22-2014, 07:06 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by railroaderone
Stan I have already checked on one of those after my injury the cheapest one is $1659 but that's cheap compared to what the medical bills are going to be. I will send you a pic of what it looks like after surgury if you want.

Heres a intro to the the people on Gilligan's island.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kvA0pd_1MxQ

Evening all. Fantastic evening down here. No rain so far, but that could change in few hours.

RR1, thanks for your generous offer, but I think I will pass on your after surgery pics. However, there are other DTR members that are into this sort of thing, so to satisfy their gory fetish's, go ahead and post them.

I was kidding about Gilligan's Island, but it was nice to see those old pics and hear the music. Thanks.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:08 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Howdy Shorts, RR1 ,Stan, Sherod, NE_Farm, FO Tallguy and Chaikwa.

I'm so lazy today I stole Tallguy's greeting.

Cornish game hens in the oven. Wonder if I should change out of my PJ's for dinner.

Just read this in the news "Adorable baby rhino born 10 years after her father dies".
It goes on to say that a sample of the fathers uh "stuff" was frozen in 2004.
Who the heck get those samples? What kind of job is that! Does it pay well? Are there any job openings?

Quick Reply: *****2nd Day of Summer BREAKROOM *****