Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

~^~^~ Office Space 6/1 - 6/7 ~^~^~

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 11:34 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink rich my oversized load, 04......

I am just extremely cheap or smart enough to build what I want. cheaply.
husband had 10 brothers and sisters,; we have one kid. see? cheap. LOL

anyone that has ever worked with their hands and backs can tell ya, it is worth the wait to get that 'earned it ' feeling.

I am taking some time to see good people. 30 years of really bad people have taken their toll. give Susan my love, we are still working on you...muh ha ha

just so everyone knows- 04CTD left me proper attire for the deep cold North.
scary green Army cold weather masks for him and her. too scary even for bondage. my son wears them and stands behind the bathroom door when I wash my face in the AM, just like a horror movie ......I am gonna die from a heart attack some day but for now (john) it is really funny.....got to love the Navy senior chief....a seriously great dude!

up and back from michigan, got shown the Northern view- gorgeous pine spreads and streams, lakes. fantastic history there- hard to belive it was only two days; so relaxed, felt like two weeks. RedLeg does not want to be a fishing guide but I pay big bucks to get that kind of treatment again! Fortunately, it only cost me wood and elk jerky. we will keep the pool playing to a draw.....I thought Davey Dssmicek was a heck of a cook- got nothin' on the DTR songwriter of many talents... and that stupid website song was BURTON CUMMINGS "Stand Tall'. you have no idea how long that bugged me.

trouble getting back in to the states, a little panic and I sound like a French resistance fighter. (happy, from tennessee) no passport killed me as I got searched and detained. oh well.fingerprinted, confirmed and on the way. scary when six agents come to get you, but all were polite. made my Pre-Op medical thing on time, a very, very relaxing 1400 mile jaunt.

next week is da big surgery i have been hoping for!! so y'all take care, work careful and no heavy lifting!! one 16 ounce at a time heheh
sorry MADHAT No Molson triple X for ya, still shakin' from the border experience to stop.

Heidi deeply grateful to the fantastic talent in Michigan, truly truly impressive!
so relaxed, i just stared at my paperwork (why? what is that? think i will go practise my casting now...)
Old 06-07-2008, 01:26 AM
DTR College Boy and FUN SIZED!!!!!!!!!!

Late evening all. Just got in from my buddies and had a good time.

Learned a lesson tonight.

Don't play with your brand new SHARP benchmade while drinking. My thumb isn't happy.

Drank Budweiser tonight, ick. Sorry Madddyhatty.

Then drank Bud Light and all was well. Met a new female tonight, maybe something will transpire out of it. She's cute. She may be promising. Only time will tell.

Anyhoo, gotta be up in..oh....5 hours. You all have a great evening!

Josh
Old 06-07-2008, 02:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Trooper was that hole in the bottom or the top of the shoe? Hafta watch them sparks.

Top of the shoe. Last month, little cherry-bomb landed in fold of pantleg, burned through, and into the top of my boot. My self thinks to himself, "well, by the time I turn off the torch, take off the mask and gloves, and pull off the boot, it will stop burning." So I try to keep cutting while trying not to hop in one foot (neighbor may be watching) and say things I don't say. my self was wrong. but by the time he realized it, he thought, "well, certainly it will stop burning now if I take all this stuff off." He was wrong again. By now I was mad and pain was not registering. Burned a pretty good hole on the top of my foot though.

Then yesterday, apparently some slag landed on top of my tenny (I know, wrong tool for the job.) By the time it burned through my shoe and sock and got on top of the "piggy that had none" my self chimed in again. I told my self to shut-up and kept cutting. Now I have roasted pork that did not get any roast beef.

That's the short version. Night all.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:23 AM
alwaysonDTR

home, put in another gov spring today, sweet
Old 06-07-2008, 07:03 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by jbjarko
How do you like your glock?
Love it. The wife loves it too. Smooth weapon. Model 23 .40 cal.

Originally Posted by 04ctd
midway? i think that is a 1/8, but it's 50 miles north of me in BFE.
I like the Springfield XD, IIRC, they have a rear grip strap safety.
that way a small young'un can't put a cap you.

glocks don't have enough safeties for me.
i've known too many stupid people.
Yeah, there's one closer to here than that.
I don't keep the pistol loaded, but the kids don't go near it anyhow. I will tell you this... my OL can run from the couch, into the bedroom, load and make ready, and have the front door covered with a good old weaver stance in about 7 seconds. That's from start to finish. Probably faster. The dude that was at the door was like, "Why is your OL point that pistol at us?"

Just "Keep your finger straight and off the trigger until you intend to fire" is a good way to keep from shooting yourself with the safety-less glock.
Originally Posted by Trooperthorn
Glock safety works fine. It doesn't go off til you pull the trigger. Hee Hee.
I love it...

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
next week is da big surgery i have been hoping for!! so y'all take care, work careful and no heavy lifting!! one 16 ounce at a time heheh
sorry MADHAT No Molson triple X for ya, still shakin' from the border experience to stop.
Hey, ma, just keep us updated. We'll be worried... No worries on the beer... see the pics below, I'm done for a few hours...
Learned a lesson tonight.

Don't play with your brand new SHARP benchmade while drinking. My thumb isn't happy.
Doh! Dang things are sharp, huh? Is it an automatic?
Drank Budweiser tonight, ick. Sorry Madddyhatty.

Then drank Bud Light and all was well. Met a new female tonight, maybe something will transpire out of it. She's cute. She may be promising. Only time will tell.

Anyhoo, gotta be up in..oh....5 hours. You all have a great evening!

Josh
No worries, bro. It's not very many people's cup of tea...

That chick won't want anything to do with you when her head clears tomorrow... and she takes the beer goggles off... Sorry, I couldn't help it... The chase must be fun... I miss it sometimes... till I get hungry, then I'm glad my OL is here...

Originally Posted by Trooperthorn
Now I have roasted pork that did not get any roast beef.
Dude, I'm sorry that your bacon got sizzled, but that's a funny story! I was doing some exhaust work on my buddies truck here the other day, and a little chunk of the metal fell off and started burning a hole through my burn blanket that I had over my legs... (sitting under the truck) I couldn't move very well because of the welding helmet that I had on... I was like "Help!! I'm on FIR!!!" (fire, with a deep redneck accent...)

Mornin, DTR... My head hurts...

Madhat, why does your head hurt?

Because...

A buddy of mine,

And me...

Drank beer all night and installed some material in my ol's back floorboard so the kids don't destroy everything...

I still have some edges to trim up... it was midnight and a case and a half of beer later... it was dark and I was pretty trashed...

Ohhhh... my head hurts. That, and at about 0630, my kids were yelling at each other in different rooms... we had a little chat about that...

Love you long time!!
Old 06-07-2008, 07:33 AM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice job Madhat, the words from the Guiness commercial come to mind, "Brilliant".

Tim
Old 06-07-2008, 07:38 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Thanks, Timmy!!!
Old 06-07-2008, 08:41 AM
DTR Mom

very nice work....now where's the body?

agree with the Timster- BRIL YANT!

new weight loss program- working on installing foam board insulation in utility trailer we use for camping. it was 89 degrees at 6 :30am. inside the metal trailer.....I pre cut everything during the planning stage but this is still just too hot to fuss with now.....

stillwanna see what the biggest koi is ,in the pond. good day for that!

heidi (sober, just sweaty)
Old 06-07-2008, 09:31 AM

Mornin' all! Another sunrise at the Ferd dealership. At least I get coffee and my work computer's wallpaper is a Dodge LOL
Old 06-07-2008, 09:55 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Heidi, you wanna see the biggest Koi, tie on a #14 green caddis, larva, put it about 10 ft in front of his nose while he's cruising, and give it a light twitch...

Well the curse did NOT die in Michigan. As soon as Heidi was out of there, the tornado warnings started. From Lake county, all the way across to Alpena. Only damage I heard of was near Lake City, not too bad or they would have dwelled on it.

Yeah the weather beat us out. Ended up checking out access points later and looked at Tippy Dam, then when it let up, we said the heck with it and hit the water. The river was up and murky, so we just found a slow pool and had some casting lessons. When the "teachee" doesn't turn on the water works and start whining how hard it is, it helps to stay in the "teacher" mode. I think the patience is there for a serious fly caster to develope. She didn't get to use her E-bay rod, but still got the feel of bamboo. Later, got into some dry clothes and went for some good pizza, beer and a very slow game of pool. Maybe leaving the fishing pole across the back seat and temporary fishing license on the console, would've helped speed things up at the border? Maybe it was an omen that you left too soon? Hope you can make it back before too long.

Scott, Claude ate your french toast....
Old 06-07-2008, 10:19 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

morning....
Old 06-07-2008, 11:01 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Originally Posted by capall
Mornin' all! Another sunrise at the Ferd dealership. At least I get coffee and my work computer's wallpaper is a Dodge LOL
Welcome to the breakroom, capall...

Must be crummy to work at a ford dealership... any perks?

Doin yard work... sweating my chaikwa off...

Back to it!!!
Old 06-07-2008, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by madhat
Welcome to the breakroom, capall...

Must be crummy to work at a ford dealership... any perks?

Doin yard work... sweating my chaikwa off...

Back to it!!!
Why, thank you, madhat

Luckily, one of our sister dealerships is Dodge, so I don't feel too much like a traitor. And the employee perks are definitely worth it.

My yard is 2'x8' - I'm glad it doesn't require a lot of work!

Don't work too hard!
Old 06-07-2008, 12:10 PM

Morning all

Trooper thats a funny story for sure. Seen that a few times before with apprentices.

Hat looks like you were showing off and missed your mouth. Wasting beer, shame shame. Nice job on the truck though. How you going to kid proof the rest of it?

Heidi sounds like you had a nice relaxing time. To bad the border guards had to give you a hard time.

Josh we got Leathermans for a safety gift once and before the meeting was over someone had cut themselves. It was funny for us but not for the safety guru or the guy that did it. And they were to embarrassed to write it up. Go figure...

Didn't see any sign of bear on the corner of the property. Didn't see any signs or tracks but there is a cat missing this AM. Haven't seen her since yesterday morning. Hmmmm Maybe he was just having a bit of fun with me.

Have a good one drive safe and have fun. Later...
Old 06-07-2008, 12:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Mornin' all. Got the rearend into the ramcharger this morn. On my second cup of coffee.

Hat, sorry to hear about your head. In a few hours you will feel better. In a few days you will feel normal and do it again. In a few years you will remember these as the good old days. And, in a few decades you will not remember ever being so foolish. Have a porkchop and a mug of buttermilk, you will feel better!

Quick Reply: ~^~^~ Office Space 6/1 - 6/7 ~^~^~