Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***why is the DTR SR Drill Instructor sleeping late Breakroom? 7~13 Oct***

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 11:54 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Tired Madhatter! shower and rest for you!

Glad to hear you actually came back! Hope the 'finals for war' test made some recruits marine worthy now! wanted to ask you about 'time in grade' for MadandtiredDI: your rank- wasn't there a minimum amount of time that you had to do before eligible for promotion? remember, I am old and Army (when women had five different uniforms but no work pants- almost like a Navy officer LOL)

REDLEG, oh yeah, I can see spending time there on the beach! A lady found an almost four pound agate when we were there (about 6,000 bucks). smooth stones are 'cobbles' and new york has the most congegated cobblestone houses in one area with 87 (Childs, NY?). masons built them so precisely, each house took about three years to build. they are still exactly as built, but chemists and current mason professionals can't figure out what combination of lime, sand and portland base they used, to not degrade. especially in the brutal lakes atmosphere- whew! love quality and precision.
I have a life size picture of a tool chest built by H.O. Studely, a stone mason and master carpenter from 1890s; 300 tools in a clamshell box 39L x 19 W x 7 1/2 H. ebony, ivory, teak and oak with flip up layers, hidden compartments and drawers.....just amazing work!

FRONTY- just say 'no'! or at least don't eat the slimy whitefish they have for holidays...feel for ya buddy. there is a limit to travelling.

hope the bucks that eat our apples at the fence will be visible next month (opening day) we are out of deer and don't buy any meat. love processing our own stuff, would never imagine it was that easy..

nother pic from up North..."wow, that guy must be a hunter they were talking about..."
Old 10-13-2007, 12:20 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

His expression looks like he saw something unusual behind the camera...
Here are some famous little houses in Charlevoix along Lake Michigan. ALways feels like The Hobit driving through there.
http://www.mikebartonphoto.com/Michi...Ch_stone1.html
Old 10-13-2007, 12:40 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I will have just made the time in grade to be promoted if I win this board.

Tired. Lots of end of cycle paperwork to do...
Old 10-13-2007, 04:39 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

welcome back hat.