Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***why is the DTR SR Drill Instructor sleeping late Breakroom? 7~13 Oct***

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 06:43 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

another fun pic from the North
Old 10-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Evenin... evenin...

Well, the platoon did not win today, but I took high hat score. I also won $20 from the rest of the seniors... Just gotta figure out what bomb I'm going to put that $100 to...

Leaving tomorrow am for the Crucible, bad 3 days. See ya'll in the am before I leave, if not, when I get back...
Old 10-10-2007, 06:58 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

have fun. make the guys work harder for not winning.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:11 PM

Howdy from the soggy northwest,

Extended a few days up here ... just can't get enough of this wet stuff !!
Had to swap motels because the last one couldn't keep the internet up long enough for me to get my DTR fix and because their immigrant house keepers don't habla enough english to read a "do not disturb" sign prominantly hung on the outside of my door. Good thing for them that I had my skivvies on at the time .

This morning while I was checking out of the hotel, I met a guy from Canada who had just made a trip to California to pick up a very clean first gen pickup. He said that he loves it so far and that it ran like a top but only having a 3 spd auto he was worried that he might be working it too hard . It was his first Cummins and he said that he has always wanted one. Sure picked a beaut !! Hope to see him on the DTR one day.

Hat ... good job on the High Hat deal .... but as you know, your troops loss is YOUR loss. Better luck next time.

SCROUNGINGSOMETHINGEDIBLEFORDINNERPISTOL
Old 10-10-2007, 10:21 PM

Pistol Not very nice of you scaring the hired help. Next time use the little security gizmo on the door. Try to keep your toes dry, don't want a fungus taking a hold.

JWBM Looks like you had a good time. Thats a lot of polishing to do, hope you have a power buffer and not doing it by hand. Although once you finish you could get another helping of that ice cream. Guilt free.

Time for a few ZZZZZZZ up early tomorrow. Not as early as Hat but early for me. Later.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:35 PM
REALLY old dog

Talking

WELL FROSTY I SEE YOU AND I ARE THE ONLY ONES STILL UP, GETTING READY TO CHECK OUT MYSELF.
HAT , IF YOUR GONE BEFORE I GET UP, GOOD LUCK, TALK THIS WEEKEND.
SEE THE REST OF YOU-ALL IN THE MORNING !
CLAUDE ,JUST A SITTING HERE ON THIS SACK OF SEEDS, DRINKING TEA BREWED IN KAILYS SOCK FOR ADDED FLAVOR.
WE PICKED LAST 66 CUKES OUT OF GARDEN AND MADE KOSHER DILLS OUT OF THEM TODAY ,PRETTY SOON EVERY-THING WILL BE COMMING OUT OF GREEN HOUSE.(EVERY THING DOING WELL THERE)
Old 10-11-2007, 01:50 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Mornin...
Bout to step. See ya'll later.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:18 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
just back from my mile and half run.

finished reading all the Old Testament last nite. had never read all of it before.

lotsa big words. some of them good.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:02 AM
REALLY old dog

Talking

Morning Ye-all , 43 Degrees Overcast Light Rain ,dreary Day Up Here.
Now For The Good News, Read The Obituries This Morning And My Name Is`nt There !!
WELL I SEE HAT MADE IT OUT THIS MORNING , WHAT IS IS EVERYONE ELSE DOING?
SEEN MY BROTHER YESTERDAY , HE IS LEAVING THIS MORNING ,HE`S DONE HIS 6 MONTHS HERE AND HEADED TO FLORIDA TO DO HIS 6 MONTHS THERE,
BOB HE ISN`T A LONG WAY FROM YOU, HE IS AT ZEPHER HILLS ,STILL THINK HAVING TWO PLACES TO KEEP UP IS AN AWFUL LOT OF WORK,ESPECIALLY SINCE HE IS 13 YRS OLDER THAN I.
WELL GOING OUT FOR A DRIVE, BE BACK LATER.
CLAUDE JUST A SITTING HERE ON THIS SACK OF SEEDS,DRINKING TEA BREWED IN KAILYS SOCK FOR ADDED FLAVOR
Old 10-11-2007, 09:16 AM
DTR Mom

Red face hehehhehe.....

Originally Posted by 04ctd
just back from my mile and half run.

finished reading all the Old Testament last nite. had never read all of it before.

lotsa big words. some of them good.
(sarcasm) Hey! how'd the book end? ya ya if the shoe fits......kick yourself with it... nice job on the old man knees with the run! heard about 'dock dogs' at North Carolina along the ICW- retired navy men that will lend a hand , replace boards on the fuel docks, whatever volunteering is needed and good wisdom/comraderie/bad jokes. Thought of you pal, but you're one notch lower, state-wise....

not much stuff to do today, boiler went on line LAST night (thanks to the husband) as i took a hot bath! ...entered the WRONG wet t shirt contest
yesterday evening power spraying/scrubbing the boat.

Hope Hat stays dry, focused and big grin at graduation for all the wrong reasons....

CHAIKWA janitor pal will be on the road today-14 hour trip back to the same weather in michigan. send him LOTSA hot DTR gag juice......

gettin' use to being retired. have a election photo group shot to do Monday (ugh) for this councilman run. I hate politics.

Dodge Cowboy-man, you ask for a tough bunch of luck! go win the lottery or something out there!
Ijobb, pretty tough sticks out there, to cause that kind of hoof hurt! Glad you caught it. miss treating horse hurts....nice bonding.
came back home and found that tough little kitty had a puncture wound on forepaw from coyote. wonder who has more respect now? this cat even swims in the pond. small siberian tiger, maybe? took a towel, hubby and son and welding gloves to get her treated.......those yowls were scary. happy and healing now, she brought in a squirrel.
more pics from out and about. thought you would like to see CHRISR out on patrol from his Coast Guard days....
Old 10-11-2007, 09:17 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by old dog
SEEN MY BROTHER YESTERDAY , HE IS LEAVING THIS MORNING ,HE`S DONE HIS 6 MONTHS HERE AND HEADED TO FLORIDA TO DO HIS 6 MONTHS THERE,
BOB HE ISN`T A LONG WAY FROM YOU, HE IS AT ZEPHER HILLS ,STILL THINK HAVING TWO PLACES TO KEEP UP IS AN AWFUL LOT OF WORK,ESPECIALLY SINCE HE IS 13 YRS OLDER THAN I.
Wow, he must be ancient. At least he is smart enough to know a good place to go in the winter. He can add to the traffic jams down here. Wonder if he is one of those out-of-state license plates that do not know the reason for a left lane.

Gorgeous day here - - touch of fall heading our way with a high of ONLY 84 tomorry and low of 62. Holy cow - - where is my Alaska coat???? Been out doing some weeding and trimming - - boy my plants are out in full bloom - - prettiest I think they have ever been. Now the gardenias are full of buds ready to pop. Lawn still being cut once a week and looks shabby two days before the cut.

OK, no one put the foo foo on - -- Hat is obvously too busy and distracted right now. Sic'em big guy. OK, foo foo is down, I have my cup and I am out of here. Seeeeeya,
Bob
Old 10-11-2007, 01:43 PM

Afternoon all,

68 on the overhead comming back from wife to work. Warmed up, washed the truck, lookin good.
It is now 1330. waining for a delivery of a replacement oven, the new one the front class shattered while the house was vacant, never ever used yet. The glass was on nation back order, so the seller is replacing the oven.

Hot wings whooo, hot, left over from the other night. Gud tho. One kidlett forgot her lucnh so school called, and said she gonna buy lunch.

Still got odds and ends stuff to do. Also still on a treasure hunt for my stuff. Fun fun fun.

Wannabe, great pix. You sure keep busy with fun stuff.

Pistol, see if you can get some "crime scene do not cross" tape. Works better than do not disurb. I got some when it was up across our drivway in Seattle. Works well, but one of the motels took it off and I never got it back.
CD04, I thought you, old dog and 5erBob wrote the old testament.
Don't remember where I was then.

Hat, have fun, you done good winning $$.

Have a good un, and be safe out there.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:22 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
New saddle!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails ***why is the DTR SR Drill Instructor sleeping late Breakroom? 7~13 Oct***-left-side.jpg   ***why is the DTR SR Drill Instructor sleeping late Breakroom? 7~13 Oct***-right-side.jpg   ***why is the DTR SR Drill Instructor sleeping late Breakroom? 7~13 Oct***-front-2.jpg  
Old 10-11-2007, 10:24 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

night all....
Old 10-12-2007, 01:02 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DodgeCowboy
New saddle!!!!!!!!!
Looks nice, I like the swells.. ought o be able to grab a good seat in that.. Rough-out all the way huh? I always thought those would be a bear to clean...

Quick Reply: ***why is the DTR SR Drill Instructor sleeping late Breakroom? 7~13 Oct***