Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***Rick's Diner, Lizard Tails and Tar Pit Samplings 3/18-3/24***

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 07:09 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Back from the run... Beautiful. Family day out, some little kid ran up to me as I was running, asked if he could run too? funny... I was going to break him off... His momma saved him from some pain, and a trip to the ER...
Old 03-22-2007, 08:08 AM
DTR College Boy and FUN SIZED!!!!!!!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning Folks!!!

Time to wake up. No time to makea pot here, so I gotta stop and get some on the way into town. Josh is in a hurry hurry right now, see you when I get to work!!

Josh
Old 03-22-2007, 08:20 AM

Mornin all,

Houston, 64 and partly cloudy. Redleg and ChrisR good luck with the storms. No fun, with that kind of weather. AKtallpaul looks like he going to have above 0*Fand snow. Spring time in Alaska.

Time for more . House quite, for now. Wife will be comming back from Dallas sometime today, when she gets finished, and Houston job folders loaded in the truck, Just a few boxes. She was doing school work untill after midnight last night. Hotel has wireless internet charg $10.00 for 24 hours. It was free in the old days. At the room rate would think it would be free. Not much free these days.

No big projects today, was going to weed and feed the grass yesterday. Read the instructions and it said don't use it under the drip line of trees. That is about the entire yard, front and back. Don't want to explaine to the landloard why the trees died.

Got some old rotten wood fence to secure the boards. Took a beating in the last storm.

Have a good un and be safe out there.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:55 AM

Well hello, again.

High of 79 today, small chance of showers. Should be a nice day out. GOt my coffee, a burro, and some more coffee. Maybe a monster drink, depending on how I feel in a couple hours. Well, I am on the clock, time to get to work. See ya folks
Old 03-22-2007, 09:20 AM
Chapter President

(Long breath released) just got out of a test, went to Wal-mart and got a black pair of pant and a portfolio (for interview this afternoon), turned in work ours and now waiting on the next class to start and trying to think what I still need to do before I head out of town rodeo bound. I'd go do something constructive out at the arena right now, but I don't want to have to fight for parking.
Duallyreadyforthelowstressofrodeodogout
Old 03-22-2007, 12:42 PM
Chapter President

And to add to my plate, I am now Vice President of Delta Mu Delta national honors society.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:30 PM

LOL......Looks like some one is watching our weather, Thanks at least we are not forgotten up here...It stayed around 10 above for the night and we got 2 inches of fresh snow. Speaking of spring, that doesn't happen till mid to late April and its amazing how FAST spring happens here, with the short growing season it has to for everything to sprout, grow, and produce seed, our spring literally happens in a week, trees bud one day then are fully open in the next week, then straight into summer. Saw one of the local greenhouses had their woodstove fired up getting things thawed out, they will start on their seedlings around the first of the month, and will have seedlings/starters for sell around the first of May, but that's a little too early to set them out. Rule of thumb is to wait till first of June before you can safely set them out and even then you need to watch the weather for frost. I know we get a little anxious for it to happen, and people start getting strange, but we have to grit our teeth, throw another log on the fire. Now days with Satellite TV where we can see the rest of the world running around half naked, can sure make a man go wild looking at that and still have to wear 2-3 layers to go for a walk, but we are a hardy bunch, and summer will happen again.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:46 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Boys, it's been a rough one. When I get out of here, I'm going home and drinking. If I get out of here...
Old 03-22-2007, 04:18 PM
DTR Mom

Wink Everyone Make A Lot Of Noise For Duallydog!!!!

WAY TO GO DUALLY SMARTY DOG!! and seriously, congratulations. it DOES look good on the resume

just don't play ANimal House, ok?

AKPAUL- always amazed at life at the top of the world. Amish here start peas on ST Paddy's day- regardless. this year they had to pick axe through the ground ice.... very hardy souls... and yeah! glad you guys have sattelite tv..

go ahead MADHAT- I am drinking at 8PM, cherry wheat, no thoughts by 10pm

Hey DAVEY- doggone that wife works hard!! Bless her. I have a Sampson NY (naval base) police patch from the 30s/40s. I can't remember who had a friend they shared time with there SHEROD? GEICO? or you? I will send it on if wanted....hope all is well

CHRISR , you are puttin on the miles man! you need to take yourself in for a rotation on the couch.... and normal work too- hoo boy

JBark- keep on keepin' on pal! never let em see ya sweat!! heheh and keep your hands in plain sight with the ladies LOL

CHAIKWA!! got your assignment done, will be in overnight mail tomorrow- I went ahead and put it right on video tape VHS so no worries...sorry i couldn't zoom in- camera was on manual focus and I didn't know it for close ups of the lab pup faces. (amatures) any reponse for the submitted names? I promised I would call the RFD back. they really enjoyed doing that!
REDLEG!! your package came today but I haven't opened it yet- tell me what to do...

ok, all notes done- i closed out paperwork and let some lawyers know I was not attending a conference. why? , they asked. **** GLAUCOMA I replied.
love making lawyers think......(answer: I couldn't see my butt coming in for the trouble) swam 1000 yards today with a good pace and all strokes done
I am ready to be anonymous.....
Heidi off base
Old 03-22-2007, 04:29 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

[QUOTE=Justwannabeme;1421624
REDLEG!! your package came today but I haven't opened it yet- tell me what to do...

Heidi off base[/QUOTE]

Ummmmm.... open it?

Just watch for the light house too. I didn't want it to hurt the glass... never could wrap worth a crap.

No song so I figured the poem would work...
Old 03-22-2007, 05:51 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Slips in the "nerf" trashcan in place of the real one for a long quiet weekend. Fakes a barking marine grunt in the corner to lure B.A.C.Hat away from his beer...
Old 03-22-2007, 06:45 PM

Afternoon all! What a day. So I brought the Jeep to work today to get some diff service, tranny flush, etc. Anyway; Supposed to be like high 70s, 10% chance of rain. Around 1000, it starts to drizzle...no top on the Jeep. No biggie, park it under the awning where they do the detailing. About 1400, it starts to poor HARD, really hard for Phoenix. Ya, the Jeep is soaked. And it continued raining; till I pulled in the drive at my house. Go figure. I was warm, but my butt sure was cold from a wet seat. Oh well. I sure love the looks you get on the highway.

Hope your day gets better hat; put a few back for me!
Old 03-22-2007, 06:56 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
either the OL has to shower so we can go out for chow,
she has to fix something,

or i have to order a pizza.

way too lazy to fix anything,.

promised her i would make a candle light dinner tonite.
reckon she would recognize a TV dinner by candle lite, if i scooped it out on the good china?
Old 03-22-2007, 08:30 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
CHAIKWA!! got your assignment done, will be in overnight mail tomorrow- I went ahead and put it right on video tape VHS so no worries...sorry i couldn't zoom in- camera was on manual focus and I didn't know it for close ups of the lab pup faces. (amatures) any reponse for the submitted names? I promised I would call the RFD back. they really enjoyed doing that!
Thanks for completing the 'assignment'! As far as the names go... um... I'm still contemplating! Too many good ones to make a hasty decision! Jake is still in the running, but Probie is right up there too!

I've taught 115 people in the last 4 days, 4 classes a day... glad tomorrow is Friday!

Evenin' is on.

Talk at y'all later.

chaikwa.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:35 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Come on Saturday at about 1200...
Here are some points of my afternoon since I last posted...
Pushed a car out of an intersection that the clutch had gone out in. The tranny was stuck in first, so I pushed it still in gear. Had a pregnant woman and a kid in it, I was kinda worried about trying to get them out of there with out getting them run over. She did not understand what I meant by "Gas it!!!" when it started to turn over. It's hard to push a car that's still in gear...

Got home, started to take off my tow hooks to install some cool extenders that XL8R made for me. Ran out of supplies, so I had to go to the PX to but some more. Forgot that I left the ratchet and socket under the truck, had to go look for it on the roads to the PX. (it fell out while I was driving.) I was mad, it was a $20 ratchet. I found it, that made my day! Got home, polished off a 18er, (yes, josh, a few for you, a few for Top) and then remembered that the only show that I watch/follow was on, so I had to stop, watch it, and put tools up on comericals. There should be an Indy pit crew looking to hire me soon...
The great, wonderful, beautiful, perfect, lovely, awesome Mrs. Hat made me some gas chamber chicken, I'm so full I think I'm gonna puke. Like a dog that found his way into a meat market with no one to stop him... Don't forget the gravy! (if you know what that phrase is from, LMK, and you win a prize...)

Enough for today. Gonna put an idea in the suggestion forum, check it out and support me with agree/disagree posts. Don't care if you think it's a good idea or not, just be there for me and tell me the truth!

I love BUD!!!

afewsheetstothewindtipsyhatout!

Quick Reply: ***Rick's Diner, Lizard Tails and Tar Pit Samplings 3/18-3/24***