Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***Rick's Diner, Lizard Tails and Tar Pit Samplings 3/18-3/24***

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evenin' all

Kudos to DullySmartDog. Congrats on the honor. Hard work paid off.
Did you have your interview with SW today?

04ctd, serve lots of wine with the candel lite nuke and puke, maybe with enuff wine she won't notice and think you are Mr Wonderfull, mood music playing in the background would help. Good luck

jbj, a little rain keep the dust donw, it is a warm rain there. Be glad you not headed out on a hot date or somthing.

Hat, tip one for me . Relax now and be calm. Or go bark at a recruit, if that helps.

Chaiwka, that is passing out a lot off knowledge to a lot of people, hard work on your part. Does this mean no coffee made in the morning?
You deserve the rest. Got Friday off?

Wannabe, twas I that was at Sampson, NY. With my friend I met on the train. Going to see him and his wife in August.
Got that cherry wheat down yet?

Wife left Dallas about 6:00PM almost to Huntsville where she is looking for dinner and a break. Once out of Dallas, not much, any small town has the sidewalks rolled up before dark. Long day, again.

AKtallPaul, got to check up on your weather. I always enjoyed my work trips up there. Fairbanks can get warm in the summer,

Have a good evening, and be safe out there.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:10 PM
DTR College Boy and FUN SIZED!!!!!!!!!!

Evening folks!

Man, my day wasn't nearly as eventful Hat! I did however talk to one of the 4 ex marines that work in our shop today. He was a Master Seargent. A real tand up guy. Told me a lot and really encouraged me. He is going out to Camp Pendleton tomorrow to do something or other. So yea, this monday; I am going IN to PHOENIX for SURE and talking to their officer recruiter. No questions; it needs to be done.

Just finished some chikkkkin and mac n' cheeeese. Was gonna go to the gym tonight, but I'm pooped. Talked to my brother today, he is enjoying they nice Wyoming weather. I had to go out to his place here in Az over the weekend; one of his cows gave birth. Good stuff. He is all excited. Anyway. Later DTR'onians!!!

I love COORS!!!
Old 03-22-2007, 10:13 PM

Madhat, I tried to PM you but it wasn't working sooo PM me and give me an address on base for your bad self. Should get a letter/package sent by post on Saturday. Don''t know how long it will take to get there. I'll keep trying to Pm you to see if it goes through.

jbjarko sitting in a wet seat on a drive home does not sound like fun. Can you say pruned cheeks.

Cool morning but warmed up in the afternoon real nice. Nice on Friday AM so says the weather people.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:22 PM

Yes sir l jobb, wasn't THAT bad. I stole a couple of the plastic seat covers you get put on when your truck goes in for service and threw them over the seat. So my butt wasn't completely soaked, only mildly. haha
Old 03-22-2007, 11:30 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by dssimecek
Evenin' al

Did you have your interview with SW today?
Thanks guys. Yeah I had the interview, don't know what to say about it, don't know enough to say good or bad. What's funny is I've been signed up for a mock interview for a few weeks, but the interview wasn't until the 11th of April, so I got to get my feet wet on this one. Then I got to drive 4 hours to home (Big Spring), to serve as my base of operation for this weekend since I have a rodeo that is a little over an hour away from here. I'm tired, and got to get ready to rope in the morning. Peace
VPDuallydogtired
Old 03-23-2007, 12:43 AM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well no wonder ya left the face of the earth your all studious she-sh don't you know school is for smart people congrats dually hopefully ill talk to you soon and fill you in my oh so crappy week. I am going to lay it on the line to the boss tomorrow and see what he has to say about my offer. really flustered and really tired of going backward annoyed cowboy off before i break
Old 03-23-2007, 05:40 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Congrats, DD. Sorry, I meant to say it yesterday. Quite an accomplishment!

Coffee's on. I found Chascottwa's special blend under the floorboard... WATCH OUT!!!
One was tipped for you, davey. I think I tipped one for half the DTR last night...

NOW GET TO WORK!!!
Old 03-23-2007, 06:31 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man, them rewarmed twice nuked light heated shrink wrapped lizard tails are getting a little gummy. How about throwing a few fresh road kills out there pretty soon.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:24 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good Morning guys , gals, frat boys and marines................( are those last two related?) is good and hot, got a dozen Krispys on teh counter( no rasberry, they were out)

Well, might be making another road trip, negotiating a trade on a trailer near Orlando Fla. Only 1300 miles or so per MapQuest...If the deal works out...very prilimanary yet.

Dually, congrats.....

jb, went to the grocery store once with the top off the old CJ, got a couple hundred dollars worth of grocerys and as I am loading them in the Jeep, it started pouring..had to run abck in and buy trash bags to put my purchases in. ....yea , ya get some strange looks driving the interstate in teh rain with no top...

ell, better act liek I am at work and pretend to do something................CD
Old 03-23-2007, 07:49 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Good Well, might be making another road trip, negotiating a trade on a trailer near Orlando Fla. Only 1300 miles or so per MapQuest...If the deal works out...very prilimanary yet.
Geeez! Why don't you just buy one! For all the traveling and dealing you are doing you could have bought a Space Shuttle for crying out loud!

*** The above comment was made before cave lizard had his fist cup of coffee, and might have come across as a tad surly.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:53 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Dieseldude4x4
Man, them rewarmed twice nuked light heated shrink wrapped lizard tails are getting a little gummy. How about throwing a few fresh road kills out there pretty soon.
They are supposed to be used for vermin control, not snacks!
Old 03-23-2007, 08:45 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah DD, CONGRATS!!! Quite an accomplishment! It was an accomplishment on my part to just not get kicked OUT, let alone an honor like yours!

Chaiwka, that is passing out a lot off knowledge to a lot of people, hard work on your part. Does this mean no coffee made in the morning? You deserve the rest. Got Friday off?
Nope, no Friday off for me. gotta go in at noon and be there until 5 or so, 3 more classes. One more on Saturday, THEN I get a few days off. Can't wait! I dunno about passing on a lotta knowledge... half of them seem interested, the other half seem ASLEEP!

Good this mornin'! What happened? Not bad Krispy's either, 'cept that they're a little soft. Don't have the usual 'crunch' to 'em like usual.

S'pose I should go shower before I head out to class... seems like I just HAD a shower last week tho!

chaikwa.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:51 AM

Morning. How is everyone? Ya, good to hear. Wet day, again. All my stuff outside at work is soaked, icky cardboard, etc. Oh well. Hope all is well.

Josh
Old 03-23-2007, 09:43 AM

Mornin' all,

68*F and overcast in Houston now. AKPaul having a heat wave up there, 20 above forcast, with a little snow. He's gonna be runnin in shorts and no shirt like Running Hat soon.

Hows the head this morning Hat, if you tipped a few for half of DTR.
head feel like that, the pounding? Been there, done that. You done good on the No raspberry Kryspies in here, CIN might not show up if she knows that.

ChrisR, see if you can get some one in FL to look over the trailer for you. Might save you a lot of motering in the country side. Would it be cheaper to fly down to take a look at the trailer? Is it a 5er or tag?
Good trick with the big trash bags. Did you use one over yourself while driving? Fip or cut a hole for your face to see, and might have needed arm holes to drive. That would have got you more looks on the road.

A flolded up trash bag in you pocket when out in the wilds, is an excellent servial tool. Lots of uses, shelter to keep dry. Get water. Always had one in my pocket when flying, or hiking.

Chaikwa, your almost done teaching for a while. If you got half awake and alert and half sleeping that is good ratio. Usually it is the 80-20 rule. 20% awake, 80% sleeping.

JBJ the rain is what helps the cactus bloom. Gets the desert alive with color.
But makes cardboard soggy.

Wife back from Dallas total miles, 586. drive time 12:33. Did fine out that the company she works for is planning to open an office in AZ. Hope it is soon, as I would like to get back to AZ. Think I will put the bring the 5er to TX on hold, and renew our spot at the resort. Got time to think about it. Being retired, don't think fast any more.

Wife is off to class today, on Texas liens. She is going by the office and drop things off. Then off to class. I am on my own for lunch.

Have a good un and be safe out there.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:07 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Hows the head this morning Hat, if you tipped a few for half of DTR. head feel like that, the pounding? Been there, done that. You done good on the No raspberry Kryspies in here, CIN might not show up if she knows that.
Fine, thanks for asking. I can hold my liquor...

OH NO!!! No Cin!!!! I'm going to the store right away!!!

We got a bunch of boot corpsman in, and I was letting one practice inserting an IV in me... and she sucks! I have about 25 holes in my arms, she did not even get it one time. I was good with it, till she completely missed the vien and hit muscle, I was like "PULL IT OUT!!!!! That's muscle, squid!!!" I had enough after that.
I just councled a navy E5 (HM2), like a for real... like shut my door, and you can stay standing infront of my desk. We had a little chat. I'm not sure that he has ever been talked to like that. I never raised my voice, never said a curseword, never said one degrading thing to him. I thought he was going to cry.

I love being a jarhead...

Quick Reply: ***Rick's Diner, Lizard Tails and Tar Pit Samplings 3/18-3/24***