Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***JANITOR’S BREAKROOM*, Coffee, donuts, and other flying stuff 09/09/07 to 09/15/07*

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by madhat
Yeah, I'm at -4 GMT...

Opal...opal... do I remember this, or is it strictly a forign car?

Yep ... it's the Ford Focus of the european market . They used to market Opals over here in the states ... years ago. That's probably why they rang a bell with you.

PISTOL
Old 09-14-2007, 09:15 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally Posted by madhat
Yeah, I'm at -4 GMT...

Opal...opal... do I remember this, or is it strictly a forign car?
I have only seen them in the UK and Norway. Actually, its a Vauxhall in the UK

http://www.opel.no/action/go?cntryCd...ra&nav=catwalk
that is what I have.

edit: found some info at vauxhall's uk website.
120 power/280 torque (im not sure if its HP/ft-lbs or kW/N-m), but since HP/ft-lbs is less, its rather impressive for a 3500 pound car.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:17 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Mornin' gang - - another gorgeous day down here - - temps are starting to slip down a degree or two - - high 80's - - sure nice and welcome. This was our first summer home in five years - - sorta different than Alaska or Newfoundland in the summer.

Thanks for the comments about the loss of a friend - - his family is taking it pretty hard but they are also considering the results of a tough time ahead had he stayed with us - - lung cancer is not fun. He was not, never had been, a smoker. But, neither was my mother, yet it took her out.

OK, quiet from the northern regions this morning - - probably reconsidering the results of backfired scuds. Hee hee Hey, once they get frozen in they will not be able to get any launching system working. hee hee In fact, they won't want to come outside. hee hee Let's see, where is my swimming pool? Oh yeh, I see it. hee hee

OK, had my foo foo - - thanks whoever made it - - not bad today. I see the janitor finally made it to the office - - good to see ya, Scott. I'm out of here - - gotta get going on my busy day - - well, maybe after some time in the pool - - and exercise - - and some more coffee - - and a nap - - and watch some tv - - read a book - - then maybe do some work - - . Yeh, sounds like a plan. C-YA

BusyBob
Old 09-14-2007, 09:46 AM

A little frost this AM but should be a nice day. Ready for the weekend. To do list has a few things on it but should be able to get it all done tonight or early Saturday morning. Then some RnR, unless the wife decides to add to the list...

I don't think you can call that 65lb monster a pup anymore. Good looking dogs 04. Neighbor had a male Akita, dang thing was a monster, had a head the size of a basketball.

Collage guys must be studiously studying this week. Haven't heard much from them.

Opal was made up here too but had a gas engine in it if I remember right.

Davey hope you get all your boxes unpacked. We still have boxes that aren't unpacked from when we moved out to where we are now. That was 18 years ago. It's like Christmas when you start looking through them.

Need one more cup of swill before I get at it. Have fun and drive safe. Later..
Old 09-14-2007, 09:46 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Ok...first off, my condolences and sympathies to all that are dealing with losses or upset in their lives. I certainly can relate and my empathy goes out to you.

Now, back to the spheres and skud comments.
First, a sphere is not even close to a skud in shape, size or efficiency.
The sphere is round, heavy and menacing whereas the skud...is well, uhhh, a skud.

Trajectory, gps and coordinates are not needed with the spheres as the [censored] and the [censored] are not required for the new pointandshootrunyadownnomatterwhereyouareevadethew eakattemptofreboundingandcomingstraightatyouinthep ool models.

Bob ever wonder why your neighbors suddenly started walking with a limp and they all look like Lary? Cloning. Twin of the south has got ya surrounded.

[Scotty thinks of the vision of a bunch of Lary's and well, ] That might be more effective then the spheres.

Make the best of the wknd folks.

Scottyouttaheretobeginlaunchphase
Old 09-14-2007, 01:11 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Howdy guys.........
WELCOME BACK SCOTTY!!!!! Figures you'd show up about the time the cooler air starts flowing south... I wonder if theres a correlation... kinda like a bunch of hot air, only in reverse.........

Had a rough few days.. cancelled the horses i had scheduled for this month so i could finally spend some time riding my own. Been too busy riding everyoen elses horses to touch my own. She's 3 and ihave only put one days riding on her all YEAR so far.. Gotta bet going about showing her at the FQHR National Show the end of October, so I figured I'd better get started.. lets just say it didnt go well.... I havent been bucked so hard in I cant remember when, she reared up several times just being asked to trot and lope and I wound up having to pull her over, sored her mouth up pretty good and it just in general wsnt pretty! i am getting too old for this kinda stuff.
Theres no way I am gonna get her ready for even a walk/trot class by next month at this rate... guess thats what happens when you let them sit for too long and get barn sour and spoiled.
Needless to say i am kinda upset..but cant be mad at her, its MY fault. Gonna be real embarrassing at the show thats for sure...and gonna cost me a few bottles of Crown Royal too..
had an aunt who had an Opal.. wasnt a bad little car if i remember right..
Old 09-14-2007, 01:42 PM

maybe it cools off in the south because he is blowing the hot air in here and not outside.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Howdy guys.........
WELCOME BACK SCOTTY!!!!! Figures you'd show up about the time the cooler air starts flowing south... I wonder if theres a correlation... kinda like a bunch of hot air, only in reverse.........
HORRORS, BOY - - WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT WITH SOAP!!! Don't even think like that - - cooler air flowing south - - NO WAY, JOSE!!!

mercy, need a cup of coffee after that - - what a horrible thought.

LivinInParadiseBob
Old 09-14-2007, 09:21 PM

Good afternoon folks,

Whew ... been a while since I put in a full 12 hour day. Now I remember why I quit doing them !!! Oh well, I got done what I needed to and now the beer tastes pretty sweet !!

Scotty .... good to see you back !!! Fiverbob has been getting pretty cocky since you been gone !! (stir the pot Pistol, stir the pot).

Chris ... you bet somebody Crown Royal ??? You must be rolling in the dough, brother ... the most I will bet is a half-gallon of Uncle Morty's "Ol' Smelly Sweatsock Corn Mash" !! Now THAT stuff will cure what ail's ya !! Pretty good at cleaning barnacles off the bottom of ships too .

Well, gotta feed my face. Talk at y'all later,

PISTOL
Old 09-15-2007, 05:44 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Mornin... Drive by... Hit the coffee/foo switches on my way by...
Old 09-15-2007, 06:13 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Morning folks,
In the "Cave" getting some last minute stuff done before heading to the range. Got a bunch of Joint Forces Headquarters officer types to run a pistol qualification on. Got plenty of ammo to cycle them through at least 10 times. All they have to do is hit the target in the black. I can do that with my right hand and without my glasses. At least the weather will be cooperating.
See y'all when I get back.

doublethicknessflacksuitanduparmoredtowerstandingb yShortround out
Old 09-15-2007, 07:09 AM

Ahhh, all is quiet on the Northern front this morning - - so, stop and get my foo foo - - grab some sprinkles - - HEY, WHERE ARE ALL THE SPRINKLES??? Oh well, fatening anyway - - just head for the lanai, dip in the pool, drink coffee, read the paper - - tough. Hey, someone has to do it. Thanks MH - - I see it is too early for the maid to be up.

Bob
Old 09-15-2007, 07:48 AM

Northern front??? I think I have the northern front covered. 59°46'46.50"N
Old 09-15-2007, 07:53 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
I see it is too early for the maid to be up.
You don't know what early IS! I been up for hours, but out of respect for you OLD people I've kept things quiet!

COLD here this AM... 40 F! Winter's comin'!

More coffee's ready.

chaikwa.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by chaikwa
You don't know what early IS! I been up for hours, but out of respect for you OLD people I've kept things quiet!

COLD here this AM... 40 F! Winter's comin'!

More coffee's ready.

chaikwa.
I got up about 6-1/2 hours ago. a couple cups of kawfy and now I'm working on my mini bar..

Quick Reply: ***JANITOR’S BREAKROOM*, Coffee, donuts, and other flying stuff 09/09/07 to 09/15/07*