Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***JANITOR’S BREAKROOM*, Coffee, donuts, and other flying stuff 09/09/07 to 09/15/07*

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heavy heavy frost this AM. Thats it for the flowers till next spring. Leaves will be turning now for sure. Suppose to warm up nice though to low 20's. Hope that there right.

Last night the show was called the Nashville Outlaws. Wasn't so much of a play as a kind of a tribute/life stories of Cash,Jennings and Nelson. Talked about their early years and played a lot of their songs. Surprised me at how good the actors were at singing some of the songs. The band that backed them were pretty darn good too. Good food at the buffet (note to self, only make one trip each for salad,main and desert) was excellent. Still hurt, can't eat breakfast. All in all a good night out.

Sorry to hear about your pew buddy Bob. Absolutely right, being there for the family is what it's all about.

Have fun and drive safe.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:22 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Removed all that was left in the garden and now have a table covered with green tomatoes. All the squash picked...summer is over.
Got down to 32F or 0C last night with drizzle and no snow...yet.

Time to launch a few spheres down Bobbyfiver's way.

Old 09-13-2007, 01:16 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Welcome back Scotty.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:47 PM

Afternooer all,

Got moved to nw houston zip 77095. Just a quick flyby. Would have thunk I was on line for 3 days, as i forgot to sign out the other day.
Hurricane wasn't notice up here, a little rain yesterday morning and that was it.
I am buried in boxes, and looking for stuff, got a lot of unpacking to do. Kidletts will be home from their new school soon.
I don't have wheels to day. Long way to wifes job.
Just on here to check out the DSL line. Working good.

Have to catch up later.

Have a good un and be safe out therel.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:05 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Evening DTRonians...Finally getting caught up after taking last week off...Went to Maine and bought a new Chrysler Aspen Limited for the wife.

Dealer is a great guy, put us up in a beautiful cottage on the water and treated us to a wonderful meal as well, plus he saved me a ton of money over the best deal I could make here.

Newcastle Chrysler in Maine, Randy Miller is the owners name, great guy...can't say enough good things about the way they treated us in his dealership

Prayers go out to Bob and his lovely Bride, so sorry to hear about your friend..Prayers also to Cin, sorry to hear about Levi as well.

Nice to see Scotty back, I finished installation of the giant orb trampoline and sent coordinates via email. I adjusted the launch trajectory to Florida as you requested, although I am not certain what this thing is actually for

Nice to see everyone else slugging there way through their daily lives here, everybody keep a smile on and enjoy the ride

BrokecauseheboughtthewifeanewrideLary
Old 09-13-2007, 02:37 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Shhhheeeesssss - - here I am, innocently minding my own business, splish splashing in the pool and some Canuck starts getting his "stuff" all ready and longing for some ice cycles to launch down to Paradise. Then, someone else falls into the trap for refueling. Talk about some buddies - - OK, I will start planning ahead and building and testing my deterant system. I know where you are, boy. (now, what was the name of that trash bag that will catch an elephant???? rig up some poles to hold bag, build re-launch system for return trip - - yeh, I think we can do that before the snow falls UP NORTH - - - hee hee)

Baskin'InTheSunWithScudProtectionOnBob
Old 09-13-2007, 04:52 PM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

Thank you so much for all your support!
Prayers and thought for Bob and his family!

Update on Leevi,horrible news.In 2 days his blood count went down again to 17.3 from 19.4. I have to make a very hard decision with my family tonight.
Again thank you all!!! Cindy and the Family w/puppy paws
Old 09-13-2007, 07:24 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by CIN'S DODGE
Thank you so much for all your support!
Prayers and thought for Bob and his family!

Update on Levi, horrible news.In 2 days his blood count went down again to 17.3 from 19.4. I have to make a very hard decision with my family tonight.
Again thank you all!!! Cindy and the Family w/puppy paws
sorry to hear that. prayed some more. for grace & faith for you, and wisdom for the family.

only thing worse than a mis-behavin young'un is a sick young'un

here's pics of how I spent my weekend.....
we had both sick & mis-behaving....
Old 09-13-2007, 07:28 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Cin, sorry about Leevi, I know that you'll do what's best for your pooch.

Imagine that, Senior, food in your face. Where's the picture of the braces?

Qual day tomorrow, keep your fingers crossed...
Old 09-14-2007, 02:56 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Shhhheeeesssss - - here I am, innocently minding my own business, splish splashing in the pool and some Canuck starts getting his "stuff" all ready and longing for some ice cycles to launch down to Paradise. Then, someone else falls into the trap for refueling. Talk about some buddies - - OK, I will start planning ahead and building and testing my deterant system. I know where you are, boy. (now, what was the name of that trash bag that will catch an elephant???? rig up some poles to hold bag, build re-launch system for return trip - - yeh, I think we can do that before the snow falls UP NORTH - - - hee hee)

Baskin'InTheSunWithScudProtectionOnBob

Its not just the Canucks that are causing problems.

The thermometer in the car this morning said it as 10.5*C outside and its was rainy. I think its time to put the pool toys up and start gathering firewood.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:58 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Dang, FO, you beat me in...

LIGHTS, LIGHTS, LIGHTS!!!

I'm gonna have some chowhall coffee this mornin, so someone else turn this mess on. Needs some new ... somethin.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:15 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
dang!!

the dogs got me up for the Thunderstorm, and I could have beat you guys in here, but we had a snack before we lit off the DTR!! ( i know that's against company policy )

puppy update: ~7 months old, ~65 lbs and HUNGRY!!

the white dog is a Japanese Akita. she's ~8yo ~45 lbs and a dainty eater.

he's like a Hoover going around behind her.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:09 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally Posted by madhat
Dang, FO, you beat me in...

LIGHTS, LIGHTS, LIGHTS!!!

I'm gonna have some chowhall coffee this mornin, so someone else turn this mess on. Needs some new ... somethin.
There is something to be said for being in a location that is +1GMT.

I did find out this morning that my snappy little 1.9L TDI Opal will spin a tire once that turbo starts to whistle about 3 grand. Good thing the company is buying fuel too, I dont think I would enjoy this car as much if I was paying the 11 NOK/Liter for diesel (www.xe.com if your really curious)
Old 09-14-2007, 04:31 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Yeah, I'm at -4 GMT...

Opal...opal... do I remember this, or is it strictly a forign car?
Old 09-14-2007, 07:22 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See what happens when you get your coffee in the chow hall? No one shows up here! Hmmmm... might be a good way to keep the breakroom clean!

5verBob, sorry to hear about your friend. It's always tough when that happens, my condolences to you as well as his family.

Cin, how are YOU doing?

Dang, lotsa bad things goin' on here... ev'ryone have a coffee. It won't make things any worse.

chaikwa.

Quick Reply: ***JANITOR’S BREAKROOM*, Coffee, donuts, and other flying stuff 09/09/07 to 09/15/07*