Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***JANITOR’S BREAKROOM*, Coffee, donuts, and other flying stuff 07/29/07 to 08/04/07*

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 07:57 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wyoming or Wayland? Wyoming is in our area. Layoffs didn't happen yet. It was a scare tactic to raise taxes, not that it won't be tried next year. Just got our mileage restrictions lifted too, finally. You're still not getting Paw Paw back though... not that I wouldn't give it to you.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:30 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Whew, sure glad I made it in here before that noisy guy - - what's his name - - oh yeh, Chris, got here - - sooooo noisy.

Hey Scott, you made it in early - - yeh, and turned on the pots - - note the plural - - good foo foo this morning. Thanks.

Cloudy and raining here - - need it. Heading for a high of 88 today. Sure glad I am not in Chicago or Minneapolis. HOT HOT HOT and they are way up north. Think I will stay here. Lazy day today - - getting paint to repaint my den. Why would anyone paint their den yellow - - lived with it too long. Then, move some furniture, hang up my new wolf picture from Alaska, put my wolf ceramic on a shelf beside it - - yeh - - it can join the other "man" stuff. This is MY room, dear - - I don't tell you what to do in your sewing room. OUCH, DON'T HIT SO HARD.

OK, gotta go spend some money and try to help the economy - - hey, wait a minute, after looking at the stock market I am not sure I can afford to spend any money - - what money????

BrokeBob
Old 08-01-2007, 09:44 AM

Morning.

Very nice day here 25*C, slight breeze.

Good this AM hope everyone has a good day.

Better get at the to do list. Try and put a little dent in it anyway.

Have fun and drive safe.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:34 PM
DTR Mom

Wink Checkin' in and creating a Draft! yea wind power..

35 here or 83 degrees there'bouts hiding in the house doing paperwork for now. stays cool with no A/C- dad always said to put money into insulation...
parents should live long enough for their children to say THANKS!

lot of road travel closing up judge duties and being really truly done! yeah, gossip is faster than cell phone- local town nominated me for council(wo)man....gosh I hate politics...but like to be a boiresiere cerve (common man voice)definately will give the court clerk a raise though!! so vote fer me, blah!

clearing out third gleaning of junk from basement and barn. not a yard-saler here, so gave it to a large family with tons of relatives to sort or toss.
Pirate day saw many boyscout /Oriental trading items given out to about 100 kids at the state park or passing boats (that we *ahem* stopped), fun for all, but glad my friend had a battery skill saw to cut off me boot heels! too old to wear six inch heels, arrrgh! not good fer new shiny boats either... I really would have walked the plank then...

cut logs to split, pond edge to weedwhack, camping gear to sort and store and good ol' 21 year old mercedes to cuddle and look for a new oil spill.
Harley running well, might jump on later to get a speedometer cable. too many years of riding, don't need one but ......
Husband retires tomorrow, 25 years of state prison supervision (Lieutenant for 12) says he is gonna work with his hands- hope that means I get a backrub or something.....

Keep up the good alarm clock CHRIS!! army person here has no clue what you are saying, I just roll over and ignore you like a softer mortar round attack...

FIVERBOB, stay calm and wet! chocolate strawberry foo is my latest addiction. reading in the sunshine close 2nd..
SCOTTY CHAIWAKAfurball! busy, busy but glad we got a phone call in before midnight! hehe
04 really stinks to lose the road freedom to a inexperienced rider, don't plan and just go! (call the hotel first though LOL)
Heidi in NY
Old 08-01-2007, 08:31 PM

Cool

Geeze, evening all. Guess this is just a MORNING crowd. What a drag. Well, didn't trip any fire alarms (see earlier post), refinery operations normal. Still have a job.....drat, was looking forward to a mini vacation, well there's still tomorrow.....

I'd vote for a certain person, read above, if I knew what area to shadow the vote. Anyone who reads and writes in this column must be ok in anyone's book. Mine for sure.
Tragic news about the bridge collapse. Prayers for all concerned. Really tragic.

~Dave

Last edited by NWDave; 08-01-2007 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Correct text semantics.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:13 PM
DTR Mom

I HEAR YA, Left Coast! everyone's out workin' I guess...

Originally Posted by NWDave
Geeze, evening all. Guess this is just a MORNING crowd. What a drag. ~Dave
Y'all better have breakfast rarin' to go! hot, tired but well fed tonight!

have to play designated driver ( always do) for hubby's retiorement party tomorrow. maybe I'll get lucky and take advantage.....

Hedi with a wink in her smile!!!
Old 08-02-2007, 02:39 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Mornin, DTR. Coffee's on. Had a dream night before last about the DTR, dreamed that 04, the janitor, JWBM, Cin, and a couple others came to PI to bring me food and coffee. I was really happy in my dream...

Sad when you only have time to dream about your friends. Hope you guys are doing ok.
Coffee might be a little strong, watch it..
Old 08-02-2007, 04:49 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Rise an' shine boys an' girls! If I gotta be up, YOU'RE gonna be up!

Coffee's good Hat, you got it just right!

Heidi, congratulate your other half on his retirement for me. Jus' think... if I had stuck with somethin' in my younger days instead of switchin' back an' forth between jobs, I could be retirin' right now too! Aw well, I wanted to work 'til I die anyway!

WHere's Chris this AM? Fall asleep at his post?

chaikwa.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:01 AM

Too late! In great Marine tradition, they were here first.

I finally figured out that if you don't attach glo sticks to the donuts, I'll never see 'em coming in....still too dark. And of course, when you live in a college student rental area, they're all gone by the time I get home. I'm sure the doctor thinks that's a better deal anyway.....

Back in 13 hours......Be safe and check your 6.

~Dave
Old 08-02-2007, 07:01 AM

Mornin' all,

Im up, make all tne noise you want, but remember the dragon sleeping in the corner.
Houston Mostly Cloudy 79°F (26°C) talking about heavy rain possible today,

Heidi, you got my vote, congrats to hubby on retirment, have a good time at the party and party after the party.

good, thanks Chaikwa for starting it. Haven't seen CIN aaround, and no donut in the yard yet.

NWDave, good job not setting of any alarms, man what a drive you have with hwy 20 under construction. Not a lot of other ways to go with 20 choked up.

Good to see you Hat, how them new kids doing?

Have a good un, and be safe out there.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:03 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just a buzzby, gotta go to the first meeting of the day to discuss corrective action (boring but pays well). Gotta go look at two United Way day of caring houses this afternoon that we are going to help fix up. You'all be cool.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:29 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Good Morning DTRonians!

Off to do a demo on a plane in Moline, IL.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:58 AM
Chapter President

Morning, haven't been in here for a few days, and now I'm headed to work (I love not having to get up at 5am)
Duallyworkingdog
Old 08-02-2007, 08:11 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
A fine good morning to the "group" (hey, I like that - - group - - neat way to describe such a varied bunch of characters like us).

Sure glad I beat that Chris character - - but then some other big mouth has to take his place. Oh well, he put on the coffee pot. We all ready got our rain this morning but suddenly in the middle of the rain I hear the lawn tractor going - - yard man is out there cutting with his rain coat on. Oh well, he is so far behind he said I have to keep going or I will never get done. Rain every day for a couple weeks - - Florida rain - - really hard for ten minutes, then the sun comes out. 87 here yesterday, heading for 88 today - - heat wave, hey.

Gotta go - - no sprinkles left, my doctor will be happy. Get to see the cardio guy today - - see how good, or bad, I have been. Be good,

HeartlessBob
Old 08-02-2007, 10:07 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
here for a tic in between two morning meetings.

whew

cutting grass in rain gear? that's dedication.

Quick Reply: ***JANITOR’S BREAKROOM*, Coffee, donuts, and other flying stuff 07/29/07 to 08/04/07*