Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***JANITOR’S BREAKROOM*, Coffee, donuts, and other flying stuff 07/29/07 to 08/04/07*

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 11:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
***JANITOR’S BREAKROOM*, Coffee, donuts, and other flying stuff 07/29/07 to 08/04/07*

Coffee is ready. Shhhh, don’t disturb or annoy the dragon sleeping in the corner. We are crunchy to them and taste good with catsup.

NOTICE:
NO SHIRT
NO SHOES
NO CLOTHES
So What, We will serve you anyway.

Mornin' all,
Maybe seein his name in light will get the janitor here more often.
Coffee is on, foo-foo is brewing
have a good un and be safe out there
Old 07-29-2007, 05:27 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
0630 and all's well
Coffee's brewin,
Donuts on the counter, (Spinklies have stopped moving),
Dogs and owner both eating breakfast.
Wifey's at work.

Nudder muggy day in the DC swamps.

Y'all stay safe,
Old 07-29-2007, 05:53 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sunday morning,,,,, Wifey is at work,,,, and you got nothing better to do at this time of the day?

,,,,,,,,,, Then how about going to work for me today Ed?
Old 07-29-2007, 07:25 AM

Mornin' all
Houston: Partly Cloudy 77°F (25°C) Rain in forcast again.

good this morning. Donuts also good, Thanks Ed.
You got the day off, or is there a list of honey do's posted?

Rattlinram, somehow I don't think Ed will show up in your place at work today

So far nice and quiet in here. CIN not waking everyone up for PT yet. Prolly loading her donut launcher. ChrisR says in bosun pipe is tuned up, but he must have today offSgtHat drop in for a few miniutes last night. His computer is MIA, so he borrows one.

Have a good un, and be safe out there.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:32 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shortround reporting in from the depths of the "Bat Cave". Couple of "little" things going this morning. The biggest is waiting till the machine shop opens up so I can get the geared hub from the tractor apart. Busted an axle spindle.
Beer is in the cooler for those that may need a bit of the hair of the dog. Coffee be ready in about 5 mike.

gottadoafullpowersmoketestwhilethetractorpartsareg ettingcleanShortround out
Old 07-29-2007, 08:08 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Duallydog
after the header broke a barrier. (For those of you who don't know about team roping,...
you explained it all, 'cept what breaking a barrier is.
sounds like a good start on a good horse.
i love a well trained animal.
my wife & the new dog are going to obedience class. she ain't learned much, and the Dog is going backwards.

Originally Posted by madhat
. Still do not have a computer... .
We went to the Barracks where Mad has his last kids, and he touched his keyboard, and up popped the DTR forum,
then he just HAD to send a note to someone on here, and his Marine buddy said, "ah, can't you do without that forum for one minute?"

i think the janitor needs to put a timer on his account..

and whoever starts the new breakroom, should end the old one with a link to the new so i don't post in the old one. that's just my opinion..
Old 07-29-2007, 08:59 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Spindle broke, couple of bearings gone due to FOD, one drive gear gone due to rapid catastropic disassembly of the spindle. Spindle appears to have had a serious defect from the factory. Two very different breaks around the circumference. Being a casting, me thinks issues when cast. Looks different from a "regular" break. Dealer and headquarters wants some pics. (might get it fixed FREE).
Back to Cave projects. At least the only thing I can get there is smoke.

Shortround out
Old 07-29-2007, 09:05 AM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

Oh Good Morning Guys and Gals!!!

I launched first thing this morning but had parachutes connected to the bags.So it would be quiet for all you whiney butts that wanted to sleep in.Hummmmmmm!

Now get up! It's time to jog 3 miles,sit and rest for 10 min. and get up and do it again.hehehe. It's Cardio day.

Oh and BTW dinner tonight: BBQ Ribs and Steaks,Corn on the cob,Mac and Cheese and Salad, Will be ready around 5 ish.

Have a great day! See ya all in a bit!Cin's got work to do! Cin's just busy as a little Beebuzzing around just waiting for one of ya all to sit down
Old 07-29-2007, 10:34 AM

Left Coast checking in. Krispy Kremes were put on the counter for the late comers. Sorry I missed the Cardio workout (the first lie of the day) but you know how it is. Looks to be a mellow day. Gotta get the shopping done before the tourists discover I'm out and about. No great plans for today, just rest up for the assault tomorrow on the work place.

Be safe.....

~Dave
Old 07-29-2007, 12:17 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by 04ctd
you explained it all, 'cept what breaking a barrier is.
Ah, but I did, the part about 5 or 10 second penalty added to the time is what breaking the barrier is. Just plain getting out too soon. There is either 2 pieces of rope tied together with a string across the heading box and another section of rope around the steers neck tied together with string or rubber bands, connected to a pin to let the rope across the box go (if the heading horse doesn't break the string on that rope first. Or the modern way to do it uses electric eyes.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:27 PM
DTR question asker

Watching my donut arrive this morning was quite a sight Cindy... and it landed right on my front step this time - the cat was much happier this time.

Oh and I'd love it if you would save me some extra mac & cheese for dinner tonight, I have a feeling I'm going to be extra hungry tonight.

Anyway, mornin' all, gotta do a lot of yard work today, my favorite. I really need a tractor...
Old 07-29-2007, 03:32 PM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

;)

NWDave,You have a double shift tomorrow. Tomorrows workout is legs so your gonna have a double whammy.bwahahaha.

DFO, if you thought that was a sight you ought to of seen me launching them.I won't even go there,too funny.

I made extra mac and cheese because I knew it was someone's favorite.

Dinner is done Early.It's all on the Counter and in the Oven.Hope everyone gets their tummies full.Enjoy!Cin's going back to the kitchen to clean up the dishes and pots and pans.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:24 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Yeah, 04, I gotta run deck to deck to try to find one. Not a great thing this early in training...

Life is rough now. Hope everyone else is doing well...

madmadhat
Old 07-29-2007, 09:51 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Duallydog
Ah, but I did, the part about 5 or 10 second penalty added to the time is what breaking the barrier is. Just plain getting out too soon.
so basically, a penalty for trying to get out before the clock starts.

why don't you just go to Wendy's, and get your beef in a paper bag, like the rest of us, instead of having to rope it?
Old 07-30-2007, 05:10 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

PHWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY
YYAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHT

NOW REVILLE REVILLE REVILLE, UP UP ALL HANDS, HEAVE OUT, TRICE UP AND STOW ALL GEAR, THE SMOKING LAMP IS LIT IN ALL AUTHORIZED SPACES, NOW REVILLE REVILLE REVILLE

ITS MONDAY, MONDAY MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good morning kiddies, rise and shine hit the deck a runnin' boys, theres work to be done and daylights a'wastin" !!!

Quick Reply: ***JANITOR’S BREAKROOM*, Coffee, donuts, and other flying stuff 07/29/07 to 08/04/07*