Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***DTR Diesel Deli 05/13/07 - 05/19/07 All Brands Welcome***

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 03:56 PM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey,Where's Heidi? Happy Mother's Day to you!!!Hope you have a good one!
Old 05-13-2007, 04:13 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Afternoon, DTRonians...
Been having lustful thoughts about my truck lately. I'm about to take my re-enlistment bonus and throw it into my truck, even though I have bills to pay. It's tempting. 10k minimum would get me a tranny, head studs, twins, and maybe a nos kit. If not, then it's gonna be a long time till I can get my tranny. That's the next thing, cause the stock one can't handle what I got on it now.
Got the duty tonight, hope nothing bad happens. Bad weather here now.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Howdy all. Happy Mom's Day to all the Mom's. Funny... I've been called a mother before and no one ever wishes ME a happy Mom's Day.

Originally Posted by CIN'S DODGE
Hey,Where's Heidi? Happy Mother's Day to you!!!Hope you have a good one!
She's with me out here in Massachusetts learnin' to make REAL coffee!

And NO, Jake didn't chew up my brush. I got a new one and it ain't properly 'seasoned' yet for use in the coffee pot.

Watched my niece ride in a horse show today, her first one. She took 2 firsts a second and a 4th. I was proud of her!

Talk to ya all later!

chaikwa.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:37 PM

BTW-- Good Evening all!!!!!

Hat,All of ya'll be safe! Yes it is very tempting just to put it in your truck.Don't think about it to long.
Janitor, I see. I was gonna send you a seasoned pot before I seen all of them on your back porch stacked up. That's where all my coffee pots have been going. Those suckers aren't cheap.hehehehe. Congrats to your niece!
Old 05-13-2007, 06:42 PM
Chapter President

Told Mom Happy Mothers Day and apparently my Grandpa (Dad's side) has developed lung cancer, so if I have a long weekend this summer I'm headed north to Alberta to visit probably one last time. The surprising thing is he should have had it years ago, he was known in the family to smoke like a chimney and drink like a fish.
Also when I was talking to Dad, he went and helped a friend of his that raises buffalo for meat. 9 full grown ones got loose, so he had my dad and one of the millionaire families out there trying to get buffalo gathered. He had just found out his buffalo had escaped and 911 dispatch got a call that there were 9 of them going South on HWY 87. One member of that millionaire family is with the Sheriffs Department so he had patrol cars ready to stop traffic if they couldn't get them gathered. Wound up using their helicopter to get them in some pens to be hauled off. I bet it was an interesting sight.
Duallynotfarfrombeddogout
Old 05-13-2007, 10:12 PM

Evening everyone.

Hope all the moms had a great day, got spoiled a little and know that they really are appreciated.

Guess I missed a real good brunch. Wife and sisters, sister in laws and mother in law and spouses all went out to a fancy hotel where my nephew in law works. He's one of the head chefs, ate till they couldn't eat any more. She didn't even eat supper with me when I got home from work. They ate in the morning... Can we say oink oink.

DuallyD where in Alberta is your Grandpa Living? Any town close to Edmonton? Or is he in the southern part of the province?

See you in the AM for a .
Old 05-14-2007, 12:17 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Where is everyone? Not many stopped by for jabbering today - - hey, maybe off to see mama -- that's a good thing. Wish I could see mine. Enjoy them while you have them, people - - suddenly they are gone. I agree, happy mothers day to all our ladies who join us in this crazee place.

Scott - - sounds like your niece did good - - congrats to her. And don't let them give you a rough time about your brush - - just use the old one anyway.

Took the wife out to a very nice restaurant overlooking the Columbia river - - nice time together. Having fun. Head over the big bridge tomorrow for a week in the mountains in Washington, then over to Whidbey Island for a couple weeks. Wow, trip is starting to head down the home strip all ready - - only started on March 1st. Only have another 7weeks left. Where does time go when you are having fun. Covered lots of miles and seen lots of things.

Ya'll be good

Bob
Old 05-14-2007, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Where is everyone? Not many stopped by for jabbering today - - hey, maybe off to see mama -- that's a good thing. Wish I could see mine. Enjoy them while you have them, people - - suddenly they are gone. I agree, happy mothers day to all our ladies who join us in this crazee place.

Scott - - sounds like your niece did good - - congrats to her. And don't let them give you a rough time about your brush - - just use the old one anyway.

Took the wife out to a very nice restaurant overlooking the Columbia river - - nice time together. Having fun. Head over the big bridge tomorrow for a week in the mountains in Washington, then over to Whidbey Island for a couple weeks. Wow, trip is starting to head down the home strip all ready - - only started on March 1st. Only have another 7weeks left. Where does time go when you are having fun. Covered lots of miles and seen lots of things.

Ya'll be good

Bob

Ahhhh! I see. Fiver, your getting closer - finally feelin' sorry for us guys up North and coming closer to us so we don't have to throw out shoulders tossin' snowballs. Be safe - enjoy the trip.

Happy Mom's Day to all DTR moms!

sonnyboyfestus
Old 05-14-2007, 02:45 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Morning, DTR. Coffee's on.
Good to see you 5B. Pot of foo on just for you. We miss you around here.
chaiscottwa... happy belated mothers day. Cry baby!

Time to go to work. Lights will be on in a few, time to throw some recruits in the fire. (just a figure of speach, just in case big brother is reading)

Have a good one, all.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:06 AM

It's time to get up!

Good
Morning!!!!

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Breakfast is on warm and ready to be eaten.
pancakes,bagel,waffles,protein bars, sausage, bacon, country ham, omelets,bisquits and gravy.
Orange juice,soft drinks,Coffee,milk, chocolate syrup,strawberry syrup.

Hope everyone gets full!See ya'll in a few.

Goodmorning Earlybird Hat!Thanks for the Coffee!Yum yum
Old 05-14-2007, 07:44 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

I be here. Had a good one yesterday. A truck loaded with bottled water from Ice Mountain ran off the freeway over pass from sb 131 ramp to wb 196. Luckily he missed the traffic below. (No it wasn't JB Hunt.) Guy was pinned in with a grass fire started. He appeared ok at first but the hospital founs something and admitted him, so I won't name-call. But the state got a truckload of our pristine water back the hard way. We had just averted a 2nd water well going in by Nestle in virtual "god's country" this winter. No other vehicle involved. I think it was almost a 30 ft drop. Took them all day to get the tractor and trailer loaded, nothing was towable. Some of the crates of water that survived may get donated. Last time we had one wreck, they said it couldn't be resold, even with unbroken seals. Just thankful he didn't wreck closer to the plant, as dry as it's been. We'd be one of the states on fire in the news. Plus a couple hundred gallons of fuel in the soil. OK, back to your regular scheduled cup of coffee.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:57 AM

Mornin.

Poo on the Foo. Had a quick cup of the regular stuff. Thats better AAAH.

Have to run a little behind, be good, if you can't be good be safe.hehe

Weather is great right now going up into the mid 20's C. Just right..
Old 05-14-2007, 10:12 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Originally Posted by l jobb
Mornin.

Poo on the Foo. Had a quick cup of the regular stuff. Thats better AAAH.
Don't think that's all that I made...

MAN! got another 2 recruits getting dropped... both of them hurt. This is starting to get silly. Pretty soon, I'm not going to have any recruits left...
Old 05-14-2007, 11:45 AM
DTR College Boy and FUN SIZED!!!!!!!!!!

How many did you start out w/ madhat?
Old 05-14-2007, 03:31 PM
Chapter President

I jobb, he's living (I don't know if he's in a hospital elsewhere, but) in Lethbridge. (I'm fairly positive that's the town)
Dang it, I don't know what happened this morning, but I didn't have any Internet at home, I've had withdrawls all day. And I don't have the access to the company computers like some members on here that work there.

Quick Reply: ***DTR Diesel Deli 05/13/07 - 05/19/07 All Brands Welcome***