Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***BREAKROOM - February 9th thru February 15th***

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 01:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a feeling we'll have an early spring. Supposed to be in the 60s here over the weekend.
Found some old Dodge trucks in decent shape (well, 2 out of 3), but don't got no money. I hate having a lot of free time and nothing I can do.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:24 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
I have a feeling we'll have an early spring. Supposed to be in the 60s here over the weekend.
Found some old Dodge trucks in decent shape (well, 2 out of 3), but don't got no money. I hate having a lot of free time and nothing I can do.
Supposed to snow here some more......

I am just glad you are healing and are able to have the free time Dan Blocker (Hoss on Bonanaza) died on the operating table having his Gall Bladder removed and he was one tough man.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:46 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Well, another day of ice. Still, it is supposed to warm up to 40 Thursday. The BOSS would be happy with that as her new sporty go fast is sitting still in the drive. Won't move an inch. She has decided that come spring, another 4 wheel drive should be parked there.

Here's to no abusive, worthless phone calls, everybody healing, and finally some truck cleaning....
Old 02-11-2014, 04:58 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by sherod

Here's to no abusive, worthless phone calls, everybody healing, and finally some truck cleaning....
Sounds like words of wisdom to me.....I'll drink to that!
Old 02-11-2014, 05:43 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Afternoon all.

Originally Posted by FiverBob
[I have not observed it takes a whole lot to get you into that condition. Just one shrew running over your foot has you doing the tango.
Originally Posted by Mexstan
What did Bob and I do to you?????? What twisted your (whatever) into knots?

The dance difference is that its moronic decisions created by our "elected officials" and forced down our throats
that anybody with half a brain can see is going to be detrimental to our country that gets my BP to stay up.

Dancing with shrews, lightning hitting the house or earthquakes are God given events.
They might make my BP momentarily squirt blood out my nose but I can deal with and accept those kind of things in the long run.

Guess I need a little warning when you guys are going to say something that makes me pull my head out of the sand.

Originally Posted by chaikwa
And the Straights of Mackinac are completely frozen over.
On the years that our inlet freezes up there is always some moron who will try to walk across it. Probably more than we know about.

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Scotty I caught you looking at my leggs!
My Dad likes the feet. I can eat them without barfing.

Originally Posted by cougar
Doc walked back into my room and said "Brain Transplant".

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Cool....me thinks the same recipe for Black Bird pie will work just as well with Robins
In my Dads area the starlings and grackles have been flying around in flocks of 10 thousand or more. They are worse than locusts on the crops.
The farmers were letting the people who like to eat them catch them with tall nets on poles using no poisons or lead shot.
The do gooders put a stop to it saying it was cruel and needs special permitting that will have to be researched and approved by the powers that be.
Its still legal to shoot them or to "accidentaly" poison them.

Heck, the Starlings aren't even native to America.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:02 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Not much is anymore.

Cluck
Old 02-11-2014, 06:16 PM

When I bought the 835 Mossberg it was to shoot little blackbirds. The ones that if you shoot 10, 300 show up for the funeral and stay. I had to sneak in on them, change vehicles, bet I went through a couple hundred rounds in a short time. Never did see any fall though. Come spring the cats were dragging in dead blackbirds to eat. They were finding them as they melted out of the snow.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:20 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Not much is anymore.
Cluck
Starting with the imposter posing as the American president?
Old 02-11-2014, 06:22 PM

Just noticed something. Marty's new Toyoter truck at the end of Back to the Future 3, has Goodyear Wrangler Radials on it. I wonder how Goodyear has duped enough people into buying those go-kart tires that they can still be making them what, 20+ years later?
Old 02-11-2014, 06:23 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Originally Posted by Bark
Guess I need a little warning when you guys are going to say something that makes me pull my head out of the sand.

No way!!! It's a lot more fun to do it without any warning and see what you do - or say.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:33 PM

Felt good getting out of the house today. Had a box full of mail. Went up and wandered around the shop and tried to stay out of the way. Looked over my new planter. Stepped back down to a 12 row from the 1 to match the combine, and it's another brand new one. Hopefully it doesn't have a wing that plants at the wrong rate like the 16 row did.

My one aunt sent me a $50 wally's-mart gift card. That will sure help.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:03 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by Mexstan
No way!!! It's a lot more fun to do it without any warning and see what you do - or say.
Go get em Stan!
Old 02-11-2014, 09:05 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Howdy ya'll. Anyone miss me?
Old 02-11-2014, 09:30 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by cincydiesel
Howdy ya'll. Anyone miss me?
Yo cincy!....how ya been?
Old 02-11-2014, 09:58 PM

Hey Cincy, where you been hiding? Just don't tell us that you bought a Ferd and were too ashamed to show your face in here.

Quick Reply: ***BREAKROOM - February 9th thru February 15th***