Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***BREAKROOM - February 9th thru February 15th***

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 05:11 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
I'M STILL MAD!!!!!!!!!!!

Woke up at 4 this morning still thinking about that stinking phone call and the complete amazement at that little wench that called when I told her NO ONE in our household was on government assistance of any kind. She was further amazed that we work. How do they think they keep getting assistance if no one works and pays taxes? Where does the money come from. She should be sending me kisses over the phone and on her knees thanking me for sending it. I am composing a letter for all Florida member of house and Senate and let them know I have had it.

OK, feel better now - - for a while anyhow.

Originally Posted by Bark
Its just that I can be sitting here fat dumb and happy than occasionally you guys will bring up a subject that gets me all cranked up and gets me ranting.
I have not observed it takes a whole lot to get you into that condition. Just one shrew running over your foot has you doing the tango. ...........

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
yes, bp goes awry and I have 90/60....best way is doing what you can your way. all this gov 'give em everything' program still has the needy one percent getting some help. I really think that the young should do one year military service then college. put more money into helping the elderly who have been there, worked for that. that's my calm away from obummer...
You nailed it on the head, especially out of some areas. Trouble is those areas are becoming the majority.

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Hey madBob, I hear yuh load and clear. Almost every day I read something else about how your corrupt government is sinking lower and lower into the destruction of the once great America the Great. . . . . . Not hard to see where it all starts. With your infamous liar-in-chief.

What did Bob and I do to you?????? What twisted your (whatever) into knots?
It is disgusting after coming up in such a great land and watch a few idiots that only look at their twisted ideals and their bank account and have way too much power and influence brought on by buying votes with our money. As for Bark, he doesn't really need us to get all twisted up. He does a great job all by himself. He is a mess - - - a funny mess. ........

Phoo and coffee are on ...........come and get it.................

StillMadBob
Old 02-11-2014, 05:12 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
I layed off the McDonald's a couple years ago. Eat a cheeseburger and fries and it would make me sick.
Same here. Well, it doesn't make me 'sick' sick... it makes me, uh, go. A LOT! Whenever I have a problem with regularity, I haed to McD's for a burger and a shake. Cleans me right out!

Morning all.

It is Tuesday, February 11th.

1752 - The Pennsylvania Hospital opened as the very first hospital in America.

1808 - Judge Jesse Fell experimented by burning anthracite coal to keep his house warm. He successfully showed how clean the coal burned and how cheaply it could be used as a heating fuel.

1812 - The term "gerrymandering" had its beginning when the governor of Massachusetts, Elbridge Gerry, signed a redistricting law that favored his party.

1937 - General Motors agreed to recognize the United Automobile Workers Union, which ended the current sit-down strike against them.

1943 - General Dwight David Eisenhower was selected to command the allied armies in Europe. (Today in World War II History)

1945 - During World War II, the Yalta Agreement was signed by U.S. President Franklin Roosevelt, British Prime Minister Winston Churchill and Soviet leader Josef Stalin. (Today in World War II History)

1960 - Jack Paar walked off while live on the air on the "Tonight Show" with four minutes left. He did this in response to censors cutting out a joke from the show the night before.

1979 - Nine days after the Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini returned to Iran (after 15 years in exile) power was seized by his followers.

1984 - The tenth Space Shuttle mission returned to Earth safely.

1990 - Nelson Mandela was freed after 27 years in captivity.

1993 - Janet Reno was appointed to the position of attorney general by U.S. President Clinton. She was the first female to hold the position.

2000 - The space shuttle Endeavor took off. The mission was to gather information for the most detailed map of the earth ever made.

2006 - In Texas, U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shot and wounded a companion during a quail hunt.

2009 - John Dingell of Michigan became the longest serving member of the U.S. House of Representatives. He had more than 53 years of service.

Today's thought:
You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.

It was just announced on this mornings news that Lake Michigan is 66% frozen over. Guess this hasn't happened in a long, long time.

And the Straights of Mackinac are completely frozen over. For those of you unfamiliar, the Straights of Mackinac is a 5 mile stretch of water between Michigan's upper and lower peninsula where Lake Michigan and Lake Huron meet.

C0ffee & ph00 are ready.

TOB&F please!
Old 02-11-2014, 07:57 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Cool picture Chaikwa. Strap on your ice skates and go for a cruise on the ice.......
Old 02-11-2014, 08:06 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi
-Bobby
-Lary
-Me
Cluck
Old 02-11-2014, 08:35 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Morning folks hope your day goes well

Scotty I caught you looking at my leggs!
Attached Thumbnails ***BREAKROOM - February 9th thru February 15th***-leggs.jpg  
Old 02-11-2014, 08:46 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Morning folks hope your day goes well

Scotty I caught you looking at my leggs!

They have a certain magnetic draw. Ooo la la

Cluck
Old 02-11-2014, 09:04 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
morning

it was good to see the vedio of the Big Boy moving to restoration Thanks for posting it, Im hoping that when they move the Queen of the fleet, N&W 611, to Spencer NC for restoration she gets that kind of coverage.

Bob that aint even the worst of it in West Virginia The home of the Free(loader) They will pay for you a place to live, car, car repairs, tires, food, child care, College money, give you spending money and it can go on for generations. The Kids tell teachers when gotten onto that they don't have to learn the government will take care of them.

The only solution I see for this whole mess is one for the country to go bankrupt or two the voters to get rid of the current bunch and start over.

oh well
Old 02-11-2014, 09:08 AM

Been across that bridge once. It's long. And you can see through the deck. There's a tractor ride across it organized each year. This one is nicer getting to it, but I like the Chesapeake bridge/tunnel better.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:21 AM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by railroaderone
it was good to see the vedio of the Big Boy moving to restoration Thanks for posting it, Im hoping that when they move the Queen of the fleet, N&W 611, to Spencer NC for restoration she gets that kind of coverage.

Bob that aint even the worst of it in West Virginia The home of the Free(loader) They will pay for you a place to live, car, car repairs, tires, food, child care, College money, give you spending money and it can go on for generations. The Kids tell teachers when gotten onto that they don't have to learn the government will take care of them.

The only solution I see for this whole mess is one for the country to go bankrupt or two the voters to get rid of the current bunch and start over.

oh well
No kidding All you have to do is tell them you are an Alcoholic, Drug Addict or Depressed and you can get a check and quit working. Then you take people with REAL physical disabilities incapable of working and they deny them benefits.....the Liberals have gotten things so screwed up we may never fix the problem.

I am all for a hand up, everybody needs help now or then but the system no longer encourages anyone to go to work, they want you instead to become dependent on the Govt....they used to call this Communism
Old 02-11-2014, 10:09 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
No kidding All you have to do is tell them you are an Alcoholic, Drug Addict or Depressed and you can get a check and quit working.
Dang, I guess I'll have to start drinking and taking drugs. Then I'll have all 3.
The thing for me about the old trains is the level of technology available at the time to make them. Simple by today's standards, but an all out effort way back when.
FiverBob, I know your frustration. I have some idiot telemarketing company sending me recorded messages on my cell phone try to sell me obama care.
Brain transplant: 20 years ago when I had my shoulder surgery, I was in for a post op checkup. Across the hall in another exam room was a high school girl that had just got a cast put on her arm. What a drama queen. Doc walked back into my room and said "Brain Transplant".
Old 02-11-2014, 11:10 AM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by cougar
Dang, I guess I'll have to start drinking and taking drugs. Then I'll have all 3.
Now your thinking on your feet

If they would pay for Ornery, I would apply as well
Old 02-11-2014, 11:10 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ba WaaaaaaaHK! super chicken hen flying through...................

bluebird sat on close branch next to window, sign of spring!!!!! or they are hiring a fancy legal bird to force me to fill their feeders again.....

nice pic, Topper! too funny
Old 02-11-2014, 11:16 AM
Admin Team Leader

Thanks Heidi ..I chuckled over it myself for a minute or two

I ran a big flock of Robins off the driveway yesterday backing down off the ridge top in the snow.....I don't know if they got turned around and ended up here by mistake or if Spring is really around the corner.

Been in the 20's most of the day so far and it seems a tad odd to see them hopping around in the snow.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:33 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Thanks Heidi ..I chuckled over it myself for a minute or two

I ran a big flock of Robins off the driveway yesterday backing down off the ridge top in the snow.....I don't know if they got turned around and ended up here by mistake or if Spring is really around the corner.

Been in the 20's most of the day so far and it seems a tad odd to see them hopping around in the snow.
Those are (censored) Robins. They all had the same procedure ewe had. They're home to nest with you.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:03 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by Scotty
Those are (censored) Robins. They all had the same procedure ewe had. They're home to nest with you.
Cool....me thinks the same recipe for Black Bird pie will work just as well with Robins

Quick Reply: ***BREAKROOM - February 9th thru February 15th***