Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***BREAKROOM - February 9th thru February 15th***

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 02:49 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello DTR!

sorry you are laid up NEScott! I bet you'd get along great with MATT!, also a railroad fan, worked on them thar locomotives too....

sales were interesting at the swap meet in Syracuse (state fair) 700 pounds of merchandise sold, only two seats and some plastic lenses left. 2 bikes had a lot of interest but no triggers pulled. met a lot of great people, and loved it when a buyer and sought after part fit perfect, true swap meet style. takes a lot out of me with my sales shenanigans. watched two young fellas 'sell' t shirts across from me. they sold two the entire time. on their phones, sleeping or ignoring folks. success takes work.
LOT of clubs there, had a lot of jokes n laughs. I do well with one percenters.
I have the t shirt to prove it. 1,000 bikes of all kinds-herd of old Indians, triumph, Norton, motoguzzi, and Harleys from 1916 up and futuristic bikes.
This is the start of the 'show' circuit, cool to listen to the judges debate.

driving out it was 17 below, today 21 above, so it feels like Spring already yaaaay! rest today and work on maple syrup unit.no bitter coffee here man!!

Hey Tim! good to see your muddy boots in here......
Old 02-10-2014, 03:02 PM
DTR Mom

heheh, my son had a 900 lb sheet metal roll fall his way, stopped about six inches from severing his leg but pinned his arm. crosman gun factory.
he was able to push back and get the roll moving away from him, took a heavy glove to stop the bleeding from his forearm. walked across the plant to the only other guy there, who broke the rules and had a cell phone. met him at the hospital in the city right before surgery, checking out the now bloodless arm with a fifteen inch gash. like an autopsy, you could see everything, cut tendons, muscle. surgeons were amazed at the precision. my son was sad I didn't take a picture....(inside I was freaking out!!!!)only permanent damage was limit on raising the middle finger and scar.

I took convicts to surgery/med visits for five years. when I was eating my lunch watching brain surgery, it struck me that I should bid on a new job....

I hope you enjoy your new job ya big Canuck!
Old 02-10-2014, 03:18 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I have the video from Scotty's brain transplant......they used the brain from a donor chicken...heck of a thing to do to a perfectly good chicken
Old 02-10-2014, 04:20 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
I AM SO MAD I COULD SPIT!!!!!

GOLLY I AM MAD. Just hung up from EchoSomethingOrOther telling me I am eligible for a free cell phone with 250 minutes shipped to my home at no cost. I said that sounds nice (I had an inkling what this was going to be). She said we are happy to provide this for you to make your life more enjoyable. Who in your household is on food stamps or government assistance? WE ARE PAYING FOR THIS LITTLE WITCH TO CALL DEADBEATS AND SEND THEM A FREE PHONE. It is one thing if someone is injured or sick, but just because people are on foodstamps does not warrant a free phone I am paying for. NO WAY, JOSE. They are going down the directory just calling everyone they can find to send them a phone. Some company that has backed Hussein financially owns a retail concern that now has their hand in the cookie jar - - betcha. This infuriates me - - oh, I all ready said that. My answer when she asked me who receives government assistance produced a fascinating response from her - - I said "oh no one in our household receives assistance from anyone. Silence. Are you there? Uhhh, yes, you mean NO ONE receives any help from the government? I replied, oh no - - you see, we were taught by my parents to be a responsible citizen and work for a living. She absolutely did not know how to answer me - - she knew everyone was on assistance. Where are we going, gang? Makes me sick to my stomach where our country is heading. God help us. PLEASE. Pardon my rant but I had to tell someone and figured you guys would be the best to blow out on. You would understand me. I help and help and help people who legitimately need help directly out of my pocket without Uncle Sam hiring 16,000 people to find out who to send my money to - - I will find them and help them directly. Mercy.

OK, feel better now - - a bit - - tiny bit. Still love me?????

Originally Posted by Scotty
P.S. Did you get a video of your surgery? I have a dvd of my dremel shoulder surgery.
Hi NoNeck - - hope you are not frozen. I did get a video of my shoulder surgery. I call it my "roto-rooter" operation. Quite amazing to watch. I watched it right after getting home. Suddenly I said "that is why I hurt so bad." It was a funny feeling knowing what they did to me. Now it is ready again. YUK. Sure, I have to think about this right after I was feeling a bit better about that horrible phone call. No Bob, NO BOB - - don't start again. .................... would rather it be this.............................

Coming up to supper time - - better go and cool down before sitting down with my beautiful bride - - gotta be cool and nice to her - - not fuming.

DisgustedBob
Old 02-10-2014, 05:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sorry you are laid up NEScott! I bet you'd get along great with MATT!, also a railroad fan, worked on them thar locomotives too....
Uh... who's Matt?
I was thinking of applying to Union Pacific, but was told by a brakeman that I know that there's a lot of office politics involved. That's one thing I hated about trucking. He's just there to finish out his pension or he'd walk away.
driving out it was 17 below, today 21 above, so it feels like Spring already yaaaay
We had 32 here Saturday. About 20 today. Should be about 50 Thursday.
I took convicts to surgery/med visits for five years. when I was eating my lunch watching brain surgery, it struck me that I should bid on a new job....
If only they woulda let you drop some of yer spaghetti in before they buttoned him up, if he was deserving.
My shoulder surgery was amazing. I was thinking it'd be a great movie for you since you're bored.
Something I didn't have done, happening to someone else, I can handle.
Thinking of trying to have a cheeseburger for supper.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:29 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
Uh... who's Matt?
Red3quarter. Maybe if we talk bad about him he will drop in. Cheese burger sounds good but you might want to start slowly on stuff with fats.

Originally Posted by chaikwa
Deviled ham is just ground up spam.
Not the way I make it. The only thing that has been cooked prior to grinding is the ham.
Everything else including the onion, celery and pickle is freshly run through the grinder.
The spices I use also give it more zip than store bought. I think you might like it.

Did I (or anyone) mention Union Pacific rebuilding the "big boy" steamer # 4014?
Wow, I forgot how big those were.
I'm impressed that it was lubed enough to keep the rods on. I can't quite see if the piston rods were disconnected.

I was thinking it'd be a great movie for you since
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
it struck me that I should bid on a new job....
I never watched my last one. Its weird, I don't have a problem with gory stuff in real life but close up videos of it makes me cringe.

Originally Posted by FiverBob
WE ARE PAYING FOR THIS LITTLE WITCH TO CALL DEADBEATS AND SEND THEM A FREE PHONE.
You and Stan are still out to raise my BP 100 points.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:31 PM

Wow, I forgot how big those were.
I'm impressed that it was lubed enough to keep the rods on. I can't quite see if the piston rods were disconnected.
The piston rods were disconnected. The one article or video I found says that the museum took exceptional care of it, even kept things greased and oiled. I doubt they would want the pistons moving without steam to help lubricate stuff.
Cheese burger sounds good but you might want to start slowly on stuff with fats.
Home-grown beef. It's pretty lean. I've been eating yogurt and had a tiny bit of butter on toast yesterday. I'm gonna take my chance with it.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:48 PM

Gonna suck when my internet gets shut off because I can't pay the bill this month
Old 02-10-2014, 06:58 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Hey madBob, I hear yuh load and clear. Almost every day I read something else about how your corrupt government is sinking lower and lower into the destruction of the once great America the Great. Your blatantly corrupt and worthless leaders are doing a fantastic job of destroying your children's and children's children's future. Not hard to see where it all starts. With your infamous liar-in-chief. Even tho I am not 'Merkun, I stll get mad and sometimes am ready to chew nails and spit rust with some of the hard to believe stuff I read.

Hey, Scottfmr. Lay off ALL processed foods!!!! That includes white bread, hamburger buns, cheese (most is processed) and a lot more. Now that you are laid up, do some research and you will discover that many (the majority?) of today's sickness started when foods were starting to get "processed". About the 1900's. See if you can connect the dots to your problem. Oh, also check into how bad milk is for you. Once again - your body is a result of what goes into your mouth.

Heidi, glad that you did well selling. Looking at your list made me remember my first bike. It was a 500cc Triumph spring hub. OK for around town, but lousy as a long distance cruiser because it vibrated so badly that it did not take very long for my hands to get numb. Could seldom ride it at night because it had the King of Darkness electrical system.

Scotty, always good to hear from you, even if the subjects are

Those big engines ARE very impressive. Used to walk down to the tracks as a kid just to watch the wheels spin on the tracks as they dragged a load uphill. Then after the train passed, would take a look a the track where the wheels spun and see the bluish gouge.

I saw that proposed Nissan and would like one, if as Lary said, only if they fixed the colors and wheels. I can buy the Frontier here with the diesel engine in it and at times have thought about moving to a smaller truck.

Originally Posted by Bark
You and Stan are still out to raise my BP 100 points.

What did Bob and I do to you?????? What twisted your (whatever) into knots?
Old 02-10-2014, 07:13 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I have the video from Scotty's brain transplant......they used the brain from a donor chicken...heck of a thing to do to a perfectly good chicken
Cluck u too. I did it cuz you said I'd turn out just like you.
Plus now my brain matches your LEGGS.

Sometimes I cluck feel aw nevermind.

Cougar thats what they did on my surgery too. No video of the supraspinatus (sp?) muscle and tendon. Wonder cluck cluck why?

Old 02-10-2014, 07:13 PM
DTR Mom

had to look up the biggest loco ever. funny- I found the info from the university of Lincoln nebraska. no name for the photo, if you speak train:

oBBBBBo oBBBBBo then the tender.

learned about the top engines, cool to see four of them were from ALSTROM, a factory about 20 miles away. I believe they just make rail cars(subway) now, thank you NAFTA. Switzerland has 3, China 4. Russia 1
saw some weird ones at the state fair who have a static display of seven.

yes, bp goes awry and I have 90/60....best way is doing what you can your way. all this gov 'give em everything' program still has the needy one percent getting some help. I really think that the young should do one year military service then college. put more money into helping the elderly who have been there, worked for that. that's my calm away from obummer...
Old 02-10-2014, 08:39 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Home-grown beef. It's pretty lean.
Forgot you can get the good stuff. When Tallguy scores a 4H bovine I always get hungry.
Gonna suck when my internet gets shut off because I can't pay the bill this month
Talk to them. They might give you a deal for a couple of months.

Originally Posted by Mexstan
What did Bob and I do to you?????? What twisted your (whatever) into knots?
Its just that I can be sitting here fat dumb and happy than occasionally
you guys will bring up a subject that gets me all cranked up and gets me ranting.

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
I really think that the young should do one year military service then college.
Couldn't agree more. Let em do it as a pacifist if they want.
Some countries have conscientious objectors assigned to an alternative civilian service that seems to work well.
For the ones who weren't gong to go to college getting them away from the ruts and gangs they are in for a year might start them on a good path.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:42 PM

Hey, Scottfmr. Lay off ALL processed foods!!!! That includes white bread, hamburger buns, cheese (most is processed) and a lot more. Now that you are laid up, do some research and you will discover that many (the majority?) of today's sickness started when foods were starting to get "processed". About the 1900's. See if you can connect the dots to your problem. Once again - your body is a result of what goes into your mouth.
That's also about the time that infant mortality started dropping due to vaccines and antibiotics coming into use. I have trouble believing that just one thing causes all the health issues we have today.

I do know, I've ate too much fast food in the past. 8 years OTR and eating fast and truck stop food. Plus when my sister was about 11-12, one of the neighbor's daughters ended up in the hospital for an eating disorder, so my lazy mom finally was able to find a way to con my dad into going out for fast food 3 or 4 nights a week so that she wouldn't have to cook- my sister was too thin (BS!).

Still can't handle chicken at Ponderosa- that one summer (I was about 15-16) "cooking supper" meant getting a bag of wings at Ponderosa (bad enough) when she met her friends there for lunch and then microwaving them for supper. I ate a lot of salami and bologna that summer. The thought of Ponderosa's chicken even sickens me.

I layed off the McDonald's a couple years ago. Eat a cheeseburger and fries and it would make me sick. I can still handle some Wendy's, but I don't eat there often. I tend to go to the places that get there stuff from the grocery and assemble it themselves. Still not the best but at least it's more than .5%, 100% pure beef.

When I was 19 my cousin and her boyfriend milked cows while I moved them, fed them, and cleaned barns. Him and I would go to the house and eat a dozen eggs and a pound of bacon for breakfast. At lunch time we'd rotate between equipment in the field so that we could each run to grandma's for a sandwich and a coke. Then we had whatever grandma made us for supper. Lost 70 pounds in 6 weeks according to the scale on the TMR (feed) wagon. Then like a dumbfart I went to driving truck.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:15 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Cluck u too. I did it cuz you said I'd turn out just like you.
Plus now my brain matches your LEGGS.

Sometimes I cluck feel aw nevermind.

Cougar thats what they did on my surgery too. No video of the supraspinatus (sp?) muscle and tendon. Wonder cluck cluck why?

Cluck Cluck err a err a errooooooooo
Old 02-10-2014, 10:47 PM

Half a cheeseburger was good. Huck ate the other half. And the first one that I turned into a hockey puck. Oops. Not used to cooking stuff directly in the pan. Used a paper towel to soak up any grease that didn't cook out. Wasn't much. Put some sweet relish on it.
Took the outer covers off my incisions and took a bath. Finally got the hospital stench off me! i hope

Quick Reply: ***BREAKROOM - February 9th thru February 15th***