Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***BREAKROOM, 04/13 to 04/19***

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 01:11 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shorts
Oh? I coulda swore I topped that off. Someone must have grabbed the wrong glass on the counter. Lemme go do that for you right quick

Chaikwa, doing ok. DH is at drill this weekend and it is the first time I am really alone in the house. Feels weird. All these years it was Chester and me. His name plate arrived that goes on his urn. So, I got that attached nice & straight and also modified the picture holder so the prints don't slip around. He looks good.
*cough**cough* *cough... I think I'm coming down with something too...
Old 04-13-2014, 01:14 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Meet Joe Black is not the Sunday afternoon movie I should have watched

Originally Posted by Chaikwa
That went on for more than a year after I lost Ranger. I finally stopped expecting to see him but I've never stopped thinking of him almost daily. I used to say he was my once in a lifetime dog because he was everything I wanted him to be, well trained, obedient and smart. Then I got Jake, who is also well trained, obedient and smart. He's a polar opposite of Ranger but still everything I want him to be. Totally different personalities and mannerisms. I've come to learn that they are BOTH once in a lifetime dogs, just in different ways.
I like the way you put that.
Chester is not our last dog. We're waiting for a little bit. I have half heartly entertained a new buddy to love. But I'm not ready to share Chester's time yet. I know that probably sounds weird. As quiet and lonely as the house is it is still his.

I haven't had any dreams of him yet, since. But when he was here he'd show up in my dreams as the same big black dog. And I remember I was always calling and leading, checking to make sure he was with me as we ran through where ever we were running. Often I felt the role of protector. I guess not far from reality. I was rather fierce when it came to his well being.

Originally Posted by Chaikwa
I have dreams like that from time to time as well, and I honestly think it's Ranger just dropping in to say 'hi'. The last one I had of him, I saw him playing with Jake. It was so vivid that it startled me awake after a few minutes, and I looked over to where Jake was laying next to me on the bed. In my half-awake, mindless state at the moment, all I could think was that he had died and was now playing with Ranger. His feet were going a mile a minute, running in his sleep. Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not!
With you, probably not a coincidence.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:57 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I noticed my Elder Twins LEGGS can go real fast when I sometimes use (censored) in my water pistol.
Old 04-13-2014, 04:58 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Shorts, you have been talking about Chester so much that you inspired me to get off the couch this weekend and exercise Gadget a whole lot more. It has been a long winter and it has been hard to give him good exercise for a while. Now that the snow is finally receding in the fields we can go for a walk without snow shoes. So, Gadget has gotten 3 good walks a day yesterday and today to the very back of our fields. He is panting when we get back to the house and is SOOOO much better behaved when he is tired. Right now he is crashed out asleep beside me on the couch in a sunbeam. Oh yeah, the little gaffer turned 1 yr old day before yesterday.
When we had to put down our dog of 17 years last May, DW and I agreed we would wait until autumn to get a new dog. After 2 weeks that changed. No one will ever replace any of the dogs we have had in our lives but the house was to empty and quiet with no dog so we found our next dog.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:40 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Putting on full face mask, spraying air with insecticide as I come to door and the handle. Opening the door, looking in - - - mercy, the moans, groans, sneezing, coughing -- - .............Think I will pass on the ph00 from this germ infested place. Back out side, applying hand germicide - - leaving - - FAST.

Hey you guys, behave and get better quick. Not fun. Heading out - - away from here - a long way. ..................

ScardyKatBob
Old 04-13-2014, 06:02 PM

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
this is for shorts

Who ever said "diamonds are a girls best friend", NEVER owned a dog!! now, to get me some phoo.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:13 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FO, sending "ginger ale" your way. Can't have this stuff spreading.

JT, you can say that again.

Fajitas for dinner tonight...mmmm num num num. Finally got the marinade right for the thicker, leaner flank steak. My skirt steak recipe wasn't doing it.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:19 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
will send some pics to ya chaikwa, went to a 'lab ranch'. best hour of the whole week. Thinking of ya Shorts, my favorite was a huge choco lab named Hershey...

neighbor put down their 13 yo rott. their child, ya know? being there for them.

later providing them with a few laughs as the 4 wheeler sank in a spring /silt hole 4 feet with no bottom. no tractor, so I did whatever I could to keep it moving. covered as one unit-black mud me, 4 wheeler; chipper as ever as I came up the roadway to their place. acted like nothing was wrong. good to make a sad heart forget for a bit.... not a day to operate any motorized thing.

10-4 scott on the log thing. nice to know how much stuff my neighbors would donate for the cause, lol. I may just break down and build a half size skidder. PM sent. hope ya feel betta. syrup is done.

Tuesday cannot come soon enough. new cat meowing constantly, spaying surgery. I want a guarantee that this will stop. leaving the house tomorrow to get some peace.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:29 AM

Power went out today. The power lines can take 70MPH winds but 2 inches of snow and they come down. Was off for about 6 hours. Started a small fire before going to town to help keep a little warmth in the house. Got home and the temp had held steady, and had .70 in the rain gauge. Pretty good moisture, no wonder I barely got out the driveway without some serious wheel speed and took a half hour to go the 8 miles to the highway.
Hoping I don't have to work tomorrow, or at least not all day. Gotta make a phone call about some amigo parts and go pick up the new fuel pump. Thinking of running 10 gauge wires to the back and putting a relay back at the tank, it's only fed by 14 or 16 gauge wire. Hoping the new pump brings my fuel pressure up and it starts getting better mileage too.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:01 AM

Sprayed the whole place down with disinfectant, swept the floor, and washed the counter and anything you might touch with disinfectant, had a quick swim in the same stuff, and now I am ready to face the day.

Coffee, ph00, hot water all on and waiting for ya - - GET OUT OF BED.

............................got mine and gone,

Bob
Old 04-14-2014, 06:03 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning DTR!

Fresh Coffee on and Phoo of the week for Bob...Oatmeal and Grits on the counter along with some fresh fruit Enjoy!

Taking Grand daughter shopping at the mall today, she said she wants to buy me a birthday present but why do I get the feeling MY wallet will get a work out?

Oh well... her brother, I get to take golfing but her hobby is shopping some guy in the future is going to be getting a High Maintenance Girl

Y'all stay safe out there!
Old 04-14-2014, 06:06 AM
Admin Team Leader

Whoops! looks like FastBob beat me to it this morning
Old 04-14-2014, 07:04 AM
Administrator

Mornin' all.

Windy, rainy and 60 here this morning. Will be 30 and snowing by 6PM. Power has been on and off since 2AM.

It is Monday, April 14th.

1775 - The first abolitionist society in U.S. was organized in Philadelphia with Ben Franklin as president.

1860 - The first Pony Express rider arrived in San Francisco with mail originating in St. Joseph, MO.

1865 - U.S. President Abraham Lincoln was assassinated in Ford's Theater by John Wilkes Booth. He actually died early the next morning.

1902 - James Cash (J.C.) Penney opened his first retail store in Kemmerer, WY. It was called the Golden Rule Store.

1912 - The Atlantic passenger liner Titanic, on its maiden voyage hit an iceberg and began to sink. 1,517 people lost their lives and more than 700 survived.

1918 - The U.S. First Aero Squadron engaged in America's first aerial dogfight with enemy aircraft over Toul, France.

1950- Lary Ellis C.O.O of Diesel Truck Resource and Owner of the DTR Online Store was born on this date...the Earth has been a better place because of it.

1953 - Viet Minh invaded Laos with 40,00 troops.

1956 - Ampex Corporation of Redwood City, CA, demonstrated the first commercial magnetic tape recorder for sound and picture.

1981 - America's first space shuttle, Columbia, returned to Earth after a three-day test flight. The shuttle orbited the Earth 36 times during the mission.

1984 - The Texas Board of Education began requiring that the state's public school textbooks describe the evolution of human beings as "theory rather than fact".

1986 - U.S. President Reagan announced the U.S. air raid on military and terrorist related targets in Libya.

1994 - Two American F-15 warplanes inadvertently shot down two U.S. helicopters over northern Iraq. 26 people were killed including 15 Americans.

1998 - The state of Virginia ignored the requests from the World Court and executed a Paraguayan for the murder of a U.S. woman.

2002 - U.S. President George W. Bush sent a letter of congratulations to JCPenny's associates for being in business for 100 years. James Cash (J.C.) Penney had opened his first retail store on April 14, 1902.

Today's thought:
Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!

Here's my skidder solution. It's an 84 Tree Farmer that used to carry a 50' Hi-Ranger bucket for power line clearance. 4-53 Detroit 4 speed tranny, 2 speed transfer case and winches front and rear. I'll take off the outriggers and the boom support behind the cab as well as beef up the push blade on the front. This ran a couple of years ago when I took the boom/bucket off of it and it's sat right where I parked it when I was done. Now all I gotta do is make it run again and drag it home!

Name:  003_zps1faa24d8.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  160.5 KB

Name:  002_zps9d522ff7.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  170.1 KB

Name:  001_zpsc5ee7612.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  146.9 KB

Try and have a good one!
Old 04-14-2014, 07:20 AM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by chaikwa

Today's thought:
Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!

!
I thinked and thinked until I thunked and filled my head with lots of Junk!
Old 04-14-2014, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Whoops! looks like FastBob beat me to it this morning
How could you not notice - - or smell the difference???? Scared to death of all the sickies around here. Ya'll get better, please.

Quick Reply: ***BREAKROOM, 04/13 to 04/19***