Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***BREAKROOM, 01/26 to 02/01***

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 04:08 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I bruised my liver one time with a bottle of Mezcal...well OK maybe more than the one time
UHHHH - - - - DUH. Sorta different me thinks. .........

Originally Posted by cougar
NE frmhnd, sympathy. I've past a few stones so I have an idea of the pain you are going through.
I will pass something on - - don't laugh - - I watched it work. Asparagus works wonders for problems like stones and a bunch of other problems. You either buy a can of asparagus or cook some up and put it in a blender. When done, put it in a bottle and keep it in the fridge. Take four tablespoons full in the morning, another at night. I know several people that went on this for stomach problems, kidney stones - - things doing with digestion process. All claimed within a few months never had another problem. Then I found out there are many claims of cancer being cured with this same treatment. Very interesting we don't hear about this stuff. Well, maybe not - - someone's pocketbook might be affected.

Gone,
Bob
Old 01-28-2014, 04:16 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
back from wandering, did a lot of errands. mountain man hubby tried to change the sink faucet washer to get rid of a small drip (quiet!)
broke the copper fittings in one swipe. Lowe's had best prices for moen set. cat the code enforcer is watching him.....

did the jewelry appraisal to finally suck it up emotionally and get rid of parents/grandparents jewelry, army medals and unit badges, wedding rings and stuff (expensive clutter) - went to jewelers; not pawn or cash for gold places, get more value credit. like a weight has been lifted!!! got cash, wedding ring of my grand/mom/my engagement combined but stronger,
and he kept my briefcase for the rolex parts and silver/gold chains, ect.
to add up more cash later.

QUESTION: were Purple Hearts gold filled? is that just a rumor? this one is still pristine in the case with the flag ribbon and the lapel pin, every bit a WWII issue. very heavy. Out of Respect, he is gonna hook me up with someone from the VA. another reason to ask a jeweler......
Old 01-28-2014, 07:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Something else McCook didn't tell me- gall stones can clog up the duct, causing problems with the pancreas. Probably would not have put it off so long if I had known that. Things looked good in the CT other than the gall bladder. Gall stones don't tend to pass. Kidney stones do, and I've heard lemon juice really helps with them.

How the gall bladder gets you is if you eat something too greasy, it starts to spasm when it can't push any bile out, and the fat gasses you up. Kinda makes for a vapor lock. Then your body tells you that you hurt all over because it can't really pinpoint the cause.

If I had a spoonful of baking soda in a glass of water when I ate that fried chicken skin I probably would have been fine.

They gave me morphine for the pain, and it knocked me right out. Can't see how anyone could call that a "recreational" drug. You're not conscience so you can't recreate. Worked so quick I fell asleep in the CT machine.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:26 PM
DTR Mom

well so glad you can talk about it, nice to have a lil health info that can save you the troubles...albeit a lil costly and late. have a better year!

was there a hospital code for big farmer left on MRI table? does a maintenance man arrive with a dolly? ahhhhhhh contemplate.....

well, back to Lowe's cause hubby needed a brass reducer fitting. good time. then while trying to call some folks, a yell! he had broken the supply before the valve........ I will not find my phone but I can make it to the basement water supply and jump the eight feet to shut off the valves in about six seconds.....

I swear, I married a black bear.....
Old 01-28-2014, 07:39 PM

well so glad you can talk about it, nice to have a lil health info that can save you the troubles...albeit a lil costly and late. have a better year!
The computer voice telling me to breathe normally again woke me up
Old 01-28-2014, 11:36 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Asparagus works wonders for problems like stones and a bunch of other problems.
I have faith in a lot of that stuff, especially if it's natural and isn't that homeopathic dilution nonsense.
It's probably just coincidence but when I started having kidney stones I ate asparagus with lemon juice for a couple of days and they went away.
All I know is it didn't cost much and doesn't have any purported "miracle" properties attributed to it.

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
were Purple Hearts gold filled? very heavy. .
Don't know but the back of the one my Uncle had was buffed down pretty well and it looked like brass or copper.

Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
Can't see how anyone could call that a "recreational" drug.
You would make a lousy doper.
I feel sorry for what you have gone though and am glad you are getting it treated.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:08 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Bark
I have faith in a lot of that stuff, especially if it's natural and isn't that homeopathic dilution nonsense.
I respectfully disagree. If you get a homophobic person drunk enough, they'll probably forget what it is they're afraid of in the first place.

Good morning. It's a balmy 4 degrees above 0 this morning and with almost no wind, it feels like a heatwave! Amazing what effect a few degrees and no wind has on wood consumption. The OWB could have gone another couple hours before it needed to be filled, where-as yesterday it was almost out at the same time.

It is Wednesday, January 29th.

1848 - Greenwich Mean Time was adopted by Scotland.

1850 - Henry Clay introduced in the Senate a compromise bill on slavery that included the admission of California into the Union as a free state.

1861 - In America, Kansas became the 34th state of the Union.

1886 - The first successful petrol-driven motorcar, built by Karl Benz, was patented.

1916 - In World War I, Paris was bombed by German zeppelins for the first time.

1940 - The W. Atlee Burpee Seed Company displayed the first tetraploid flowers at the New York City Flower Show. (this one's for B0b)

1949 - "The Newport News" was commissioned as the first air-conditioned naval ship in Virginia.

1979 - U.S. President Carter formally welcomed Chinese Vice Premier Deng Xiaoping to the White House. The visit followed the establishment of diplomatic relations.

1985 - The Dow Jones industrial average peaked at 1,292.62.

1987 - "Physician’s Weekly" announced that the smile on the face of Leonardo DeVinci's Mona Lisa was caused by a "...facial paralysis resulting from a swollen nerve behind the ear."

1990 - Joseph Hazelwood, the former skipper of the Exxon Valdez, went on trial in Anchorage, AK, on charges that stemmed from America's worst oil spill. Hazelwood was later acquitted of all the major charges and was convicted of a misdemeanor.

1997 - America Online agreed to give refunds to frustrated customers under threat of lawsuits across the country. Customers were unable to log on after AOL offered a flat $19.95-a-month rate.

1998 - A bomb exploded at an abortion clinic in Birmingham, AL, killing an off-duty policeman and severely wounding a nurse. Eric Rudolph was charged with this bombing and three other attacks in Atlanta.

1999 - The U.S. Senate delivered subpoenas for Monica Lewinsky and two presidential advisers for private, videotaped testimony in the impeachment trial.

Today's thought:
Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.

C0ffee & ph00 are ready. Frozen donuts is today's treat.

TOB&F please!
Old 01-29-2014, 05:50 AM

Good morning to the gang. Scott - - 4 degrees and you are happy??? HORRORS. It has been so long since I had to live in that kind of weather it sends shivers down me thinking about it. Our high today is slated for 62 - - cold for here. At least the low will not be bad. That nasty mess should be here tomorrow - - back to 78 by Saturday. Yeh.

Originally Posted by Bark
It's probably just coincidence but when I started having kidney stones I ate asparagus with lemon juice for a couple of days and they went away.
All I know is it didn't cost much and doesn't have any purported "miracle" properties attributed to it.
I love asparagus but never did think about it medicinally until recently. Very interesting. Started watching and listening and quite amazing at the success stories about it.

Grabbing my ph00 and go get something done................

Bob
Old 01-29-2014, 06:45 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Left my girlfriends house this morning at 430 and it was -10 my truck wasnt happy about not being plugged in.

Is there another cure for aurthertis I. The toes except to hit the toes on the other foot with a big hammer.

Put a warning on the doughnuts next time they are hard on the teeth
Old 01-29-2014, 07:39 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Asparagus tips look odd when strategically placed in a sleeping persons ears and nose.

My favorite way to ingest them is lightly grilled on the bbq with a sprinkle of garlic and a splash of lemon.

Looks like things are moving along smoothly with the rebuild of the basement. Adjuster was surprisingly generous with what all can be done.

I'm out the door for the last long haul road trip! So grateful!
Old 01-29-2014, 07:41 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RR1, google tumeric and arthritis
Old 01-29-2014, 07:47 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme

QUESTION: were Purple Hearts gold filled? is that just a rumor? this one is still pristine in the case with the flag ribbon and the lapel pin, every bit a WWII issue. very heavy. Out of Respect, he is gonna hook me up with someone from the VA. another reason to ask a jeweler......
Heidi,

I got all 4 of mine out of the safe and while they do feel heavy I do not think they are gold filled.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:53 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Heidi,

I got all 4 of mine out of the safe and while they do feel heavy I do not think they are gold filled.
Always proud of my elder Twin.

Your LEGGS look at your LEGGS?!
Old 01-29-2014, 11:21 AM
DTR Mom

good deal scottynoneck!!! you are finally getting paid for showing off yer LEGGS!!!!! heheh. you have earned this man. luv 2 U!

I am awesome proud of top and I have never seen the man oh wait....that is his specialty....dang. virtual salute and hand shake.

heatwave~ 9 degrees but I can get the lawn chair out and tan with Shorts now....

-usually- jewelry has a brass base then copper dip for a 14 k gold coating.
I didn't do this for any value; just respect. The award stands for so much...

last time I was this happy I got run over by an old lady who decided to make her own lane of traffic.....sheesh. waiting for the other shoe to drop
(shifty eyed smiley icon looks left....then right.....then left....then right...)
Old 01-29-2014, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Scotty
I'm out the door for the last long haul road trip! So grateful!
That is good news - - hope the new venture is even better than you think. YEH.

Originally Posted by Scotty
Your LEGGS look at your LEGGS?!
Do you mean he is deformed? Just say so, man - - we will understand. ..............

Sure cloudy down here - - started out sooo nice. Rain headed in. We can use that. Put the car out in the drive and get a free wash job.

Lunch calling - - - well, the blonde is, anywho.

Quick Reply: ***BREAKROOM, 01/26 to 02/01***