Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***BREAKROOM, 01/26 to 02/01***

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 11:23 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Back on the phone to the insurance company this morning asking were the paperwork is.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:30 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
That closet is bigger than my office. Office is 6X10. And every piece of clothing I own is in here too. In a bag. On the floor.

Morning all.

Started at 0400 again this morning. Filled the OWB, plowed the yard. Refilled the OWB and just got back in. This weather is getting real old, real fast. Not supposed to get above 5 today. Loader doesn't really care for the below 0 temps, but it hasn't gelled up yet. Strange to see the hydraulics operate like they're cold even after 3 hours of constant operation.

Gonna take a quick nap, then go fill a friends boiler as his doesn't make it all day either in this weather, plow his yard, then start plowing mine again. I feel like I'm working for the Road Commission.
Welcome to Canada 6 months of the year.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:32 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by cougar
Back on the phone to the insurance company this morning asking were the paperwork is.
I'm about to start a similar adventure with our sewer back up. Everything is a mess.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:47 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
OMG Will it NEVER end?

You have far more patience than I do, I would have been in the office of whomever was in charge already...even if I had to drive all the way to Louisiana... My hats off to you for remaining so calm.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:18 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Welcome to Canada 6 months of the year.
I have lived in southern Alberta since 1985. During that time we have had snow EVERY month of the year. The holdout was August but we finally got snow in August a few years back.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:12 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At least where we live it is always snow free for June, July and August.

Hope everybody is having a good day despite the weather and what may be floating in your basement.

Originally Posted by FiverBob
the "underground" area in Seattle,
Our last house had a 9' x 22' closet in the master bedroom.
I haven't taken that tour. The bits I have seen on TV shows make it look sort of interesting.
My wife would love a closet that big.

Thanks for all the input and suggestions.
Place I used to rent out in Chugiak kept having septic tank problems and backing up in the bathroom.
Turns out the idiots who were renting were flushing disposable diapers down the toilet.

That is still crazy. Wonder if they drag their heels like that all the time.

In a bag. On the floor.
Found this out by accident years ago.
If I really want to bug my wife I can drop two clean unmatched socks on the floor close together.
She will assume I am either wearing the other two unmatched socks or am planning on wearing them in the future.
She has problems.
`
Old 01-27-2014, 02:25 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Bark
Turns out the idiots who were renting were flushing disposable diapers down the toilet.

She will assume I am either wearing the other two unmatched socks or am planning on wearing them in the future.
She has problems.
Down the potty???? Gotta be kidding!!!!!!!! And they breed. ............
Mismatched socks??????? You are bad. No wonder your wife is a basket case trying to live with you.....................

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
I have lived in southern Alberta since 1985. During that time we have had snow EVERY month of the year. The holdout was August but we finally got snow in August a few years back.
Just noted on the news they are saying we might get a few snow flakes in northern Florida tomorrow eve/night. We had a few in Tampa about 30 years ago - -my daughter had never seen snow and a carful of them went up to see such an amazing event. Should have seen her and her brother when we took them to Colorado. I was almost embarrassed they were so carried away. Really funny. Giggling like a couple nuts.

Wife is in the lanai getting a tan listening to a book on her Kindle. Life is tuff.

Bob
Old 01-27-2014, 03:03 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Me too lived there for 12 yrs
Old 01-27-2014, 03:11 PM
Admin Team Leader

Place I used to rent out in Chugiak kept having septic tank problems and backing up in the bathroom.
`
I had the septic system here start backing up into the tub in the basement a couple years ago. I called in a backhoe and we dug up the lines from the house to the tank, the idiot that built this house used thin wall pipe back in 1976 and in this clay soil it finally squished it flat as the ground settled.

New tougher pipe in and no more problems

Found this out by accident years ago.
If I really want to bug my wife I can drop two clean unmatched socks on the floor close together.
She has problems.
`
I had a buddy that used to conveniently show up every night right around supper time...after about 10 days of feeding his sorry butt I placed a couple of my clean socks on the upper rack of the dishwasher and waited for him to show up again...when he did I asked him to set the table....when he saw my socks in the dishwasher, he quit dropping in for supper
Old 01-27-2014, 03:33 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Is that the same dishwasher you made me sit inside for a complete cycle to see what the little guys looked like that cleaned the dishes?
Old 01-27-2014, 05:08 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You wear socks???

Guess it's time to go plow and shovel AGAIN.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:36 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Guess it's time to go plow and shovel AGAIN.
Wow, that is almost as deep as some other stuff I see stacked up around here - - no names mentioned. ...............

UUpppssss, the boss just called for strawberry shortcake. CYA.

Bob
Old 01-27-2014, 05:53 PM
Admin Team Leader

Is that the same dishwasher you made me sit inside for a complete cycle to see what the little guys looked like that cleaned the dishes?
No....the heating element works in this one
Old 01-27-2014, 05:55 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Wow, that is almost as deep as some other stuff I see stacked up around here - - no names mentioned. ...............
Just what are you trying to say InsinuatingBob?
Old 01-27-2014, 06:41 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I had the septic system here start backing up into the tub in the basement a couple years ago. I called in a backhoe and we dug up the lines from the house to the tank, the idiot that built this house used thin wall pipe back in 1976 and in this clay soil it finally squished it flat as the ground settled.

New tougher pipe in and no more problems
Orangeberg pipe, love the stuff... had to dig mine up and replace it last summer..installed schedule 40 4inch pvc...now it drains so well it can suck the traps out when you drain the bath tub... had to teach THE BOSS to run a little water in the tub after it drains to keep the gases out..
Learned that the line to the septic tank isnt supposed to pitch more than 1/4inch over every 4 foot of run..less pitch and it wont drain, more pitch and the water can outrun the solids and leave them sit in the pipe, as well as suck out the water from the traps in the house letting gas back in...the way our tank is set, the pitch is almost 1.25 inches per 4 ft run...I would have the tank raised, but it would have to be levitated about a foot above grade to be run properly...so I fill/drain the bathtub every few weeks to rinse the pipes and refill the trap afterward..

LOVE the sock idea.... gotta try that on THE BOSS.. shes a touch OCD and that will drive her nuts!

Quick Reply: ***BREAKROOM, 01/26 to 02/01***