Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*** The Sleeping In Breakroom 5-15-16 to 5-21-16 ***

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 03:37 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Let me give you all a chuckle on this fine Monday afternoon. If Chaikwa reads this, I might get beaten on a little bit.

There are certain things that are just part of my normal routine. When those things don't happen then I worry that the planets are out of alignment. For whatever reason, every spring as I start my outdoor activities, I manage to start a grass fire. One year it was because I was burning an end table in the fire pit, another year the rototiller caught fire. I could continue on with all the incidents, but suffice it to say, it has been a trend for 10 or so years. I am almost done those normal spring activities and until today, no grass fire. Today involved getting the garden ready for planting tomorrow. As a result of an unfortunate swather accident last year, I had to weld a new jack to the front of the cultivator. BTW, I was not driving the swather when it cut the top off the cultivator jack. About halfway through MIG welding the new jack on the cultivator I got a smell that wasn't a normal welding smell. I decided to stop welding and take off my welding mask that is so dark you can only see right where you are welding. It turns out that the welding splatter was landing on an area of dry grass. Whoops! Luckily there was just enough water in my water jug that was in the barn from last summer to put out the fire.
It is nice to know that the planets are back in alignment. 1 grass fire and I am now good to go.
I guess that I should mention that I was kneeling on the dry grass where the fire was. It wasn't singeing my knees yet, but I would likely have done some kind of interesting dance moves when the fire got to my pants and knees.

Play safe all y'all.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:35 PM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
snort...

Had a couple of those fires myself. Was burning the bar ditch next to the RR tracks and an old chunk of tie exploded. A hot coal rose up and over the tracks, and right on to a rather large, dry clump of grass on the other side. 70 acres and three hours later, we eventually got that one under control. Even had one my neighbor started (he decided to burn the barley aftermath in a 30MPH wind), that one got half our chickens. Suffice it to say pasture roasted chicken is not quite as appetizing as one might think.
Old 05-16-2016, 06:59 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Oh yes I know all about grass fires and chickens....burnt the neighbors chicken coop and killed all his chickens being a dumb Kid burning ants with a magnifying glass

Needless to say I helped build the new coop and the neighbor never had such a weed free garden or poop free coop as he did that year
Old 05-17-2016, 05:48 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
TallSean has hotleggs. LoL
The crow legg breakfast with bird drop soup and caterpillar puree is ready, enjoy.

I've never burned anything...

that I didn't think needed to be burned.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:12 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
TallSean has hotleggs. LoL
The crow legg breakfast with bird drop soup and caterpillar puree is ready, enjoy.
Oh wow, that breakfast looks - - - - uhhh ---- looks - - - - - uhhh. Hey, have you noticed we got some rain last night? .................

Put some coffee and ph00 on - - - also brought some English Muffins with apple butter available. Set yoo self down n relax a bit.

Gone...................
Old 05-17-2016, 07:27 AM
Admin Team Leader

Mmmmm great breakfast though I think the bird drop soup needs more drops

Beautiful birds abound this Spring
Attached Thumbnails *** The Sleeping In Breakroom 5-15-16 to 5-21-16 ***-dird.jpg   *** The Sleeping In Breakroom 5-15-16 to 5-21-16 ***-dird2.jpg   *** The Sleeping In Breakroom 5-15-16 to 5-21-16 ***-dird3.jpg  
Old 05-17-2016, 07:51 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Happy Tuesday everyone. It is nice to know that most of us have had some sort of unintended fire incident in our lives. Given that the 88,000 residents of Fort Mac are still evacuated (more evacuations north of the city yesterday) and the fire has burnt some crazy amount of square miles of forest, Albertans are a little touchy about fire these days. We might actually get some good precipitation this weekend but for the last 3 weeks the fire ban has been so strict that ATV and off-road vehicle use has even been banned on public land for fear of fires started by the exhaust systems. I think the police have 'shoot on sight' orders if they see someone flick a light cigarette butt out a car window. I should have had a hose hooked up before I started welding, I know better. I have a fire extinguisher right there but it seems a shame to waste a $60 fire extinguisher for a bit of smoldering grass if I don't need to.

I chose to pass on breakfast this morning. I have read about bird drop soup and even some soup that is a delicacy in Asia that is made with a nest that is mostly bird spit. Sorry, gotta pass on that folks.

Keep you head up and your stick on the ice.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:32 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Mmmmm great breakfast though I think the bird drop soup needs more drops
No, it needs more drips - - - to eat it. .............
Old 05-17-2016, 12:19 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
When I was a kid in Montana, I owed my brother $5.00. I paid him and he went to the store down the road and bought fireworks. One bottle rocket later, half of our end of town was out fighting a field fire.

I got grounded for giving him the $$...........
Old 05-17-2016, 12:37 PM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't even count the number of times I was beat for being an accomplice. I guess it took a while to sink in, or maybe the path from my butt to my brain was resistant to input (from wooden spoons).

Afternoon all. I've seen the things they eat on the other side of the world, pretty much stuck to cereal and somewhat identifiable, overcooked meat. Never thought I would look forward to an airport hot dog; a known, somewhat identifiable over cooked meat...

Continued prayers for our friends up north.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:47 PM
Top's Younger Twin

I'm not mentioning the time all the partial built homes behind us burned.

Nice birdies there LEGGS. Those are what I see when I eat the wrong (correct?) shrooms.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:52 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Mentioneing fire heard on the news more evacuations to the north of where it started, which one of you all been up there playing around.

Bought me a new toy to ride the trails around here with a polaris 900 rzr,and it's alot more conformable than the Atvs I've always rode, and the wife can go with me now.

Pan seared talipia fries and cole slaw for dinner be safe out there
Old 05-17-2016, 06:19 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by Scotty

Nice birdies there LEGGS. Those are what I see when I eat the wrong (correct?) shrooms.
I don't mind seeing then Twinner O' Mine, when they start singing show tunes is when I tune out
Old 05-17-2016, 06:20 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by railroaderone

Bought me a new toy to ride the trails around here with a polaris 900 rzr,and it's alot more conformable than the Atvs I've always rode, and the wife can go with me now.
Gimme a shout I will go with you
Old 05-18-2016, 05:41 AM
Top's Younger Twin

There's a myriad of delectable animal parts and accessories on the counter along with fresh squeezed gopher juice and spider filled pastries.

Enjoy them. Maybe

BobbyDependable? How's the home front after all those storms?

Quick Reply: *** The Sleeping In Breakroom 5-15-16 to 5-21-16 ***