Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*** Skuttlebutt Thread *** 9/17 - 9/23

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning all.
Beautiful day here so far. 61* and was able to put the windows down for the whole ride in

Why do people put you in uncomfortable situations?
This morning, a person I have seen here many years asked me to "badge" them in because they forgot their badge. No way, I am not allowed to do that, this is a secure facility and I could get fired. How do I know they weren't fired yesterday for something? They have to walk all the way around the building to the lobby to get the guard to issue them a temporary badge, no big deal.

Need
~Rob
Old 09-19-2006, 07:39 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rob, glad to know that happens somewhere else..... you'd think that folks who have worked in a secured building or on a military post in general would have more sense or at least a better appreciation of what "Security" means!
We have a guy here, who works in the Intel/Threat Assesment section of all places, who "forgets" his ID at least once a week....and has the nerve to get prissy when we wont let him on post..."I left my CAC in my computer..." great attitude towards security there ya know?
The best ones are the contractors who hire "non-citizen" workers and then get bent out of shape when we wont let them on post with a library card for thir only form of ID..
Old 09-20-2006, 06:18 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Had to go to page two to find the thread this morning.

CooOOooL morning, temps in the low 50's.
Needed a long sleeved shirt.
Fall's comming.

Stuff To Do list staying in the manageable range.
Power-Naps might make it back into the daily schedule.

Where's the donuts?
Old 09-21-2006, 05:34 AM

Tap - Tap - Tap..........
Is this thing on?

No one here since yesterday AM?
Was yesterday canceled and I missed the memo?
Seems the Squids call the thread a Shuttlebutt or something and nobody wants to come and visit.

COOL temps this morning.
The Wait to Start light took about 15 seconds to go out and the Grid Heaters were getting a light workout.
Fall must be right around the corner.

Y'all slackers get up & get moving.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:30 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Alllllllllllllrighty then!

56* IN the house this morning. Guess we will have to close up some of these windows from now on! Won't be too much longer before I am throwing some more logs in the stove at this time.

You all be safe now, I finally have some work this week, so I am heading out now.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:29 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Squid Aye!

Is it asking too much to have the coffee made BY the time I get here?

Where is that dang janitor? Do we actually pay him to be so surrley, and to make the worst coffee this side of Mars?
Old 09-21-2006, 07:45 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
[center]
AAAAAGH! What a horrible thing to wake up to! I almost dropped the coffee pot!

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Seems the Squids call the thread a Shuttlebutt or something and nobody wants to come and visit.
NOW you're startin' to unnerstand! Jeez, even my coffee has gone untouched the last coupla days. The donuts are still there from MOnday too... c'mon, EAT UP!

chaikwa.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:46 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Geico266
Where is that dang janitor? Do we actually pay him to be so surrley, and to make the worst coffee this side of Mars?
Yes, yes you do! Life is GOOOOOD!

chaikwa.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:46 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
You would think that those with the dog watch would make the coffee. Blasted non qual dinks.

Headed out for the border, againandagainandagain. Looks like about 10 days this time. Really hating this double dipping. The extra $300/day is sure adding to the shop construction fund.

Shortround out
Old 09-21-2006, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by shortround
You would think that those with the dog watch would make the coffee. Blasted non qual dinks.

Headed out for the border, againandagainandagain. Looks like about 10 days this time. Really hating this double dipping. The extra $300/day is sure adding to the shop construction fund.

Shortround out
Can I have some of your frequent flyer miles? You can't possibly use them all!

Be careful out there.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:15 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Morning all.........coffee is half way tasty this morning, thinks its finally "cured" long enough....
Sitting here waiting for the rain to arrive, gonna be a wet weekend it looks like. Glad I got my grass seed in this week.
Good thing we've had this thread named properly and kept it squared away this week, looks like we've kept the rif-raf out!

I beleive Rob(Hotram) has the dogwatch, gonna have to talk to him about getting the pot started on time. If he dotn, Fiver may get to it and ruin the pot's sesoning by making some more of that foo-foo stuff.

Well, yall keep the keel down and yer heads above the foam..........

BM2 CD
Old 09-21-2006, 09:47 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hey, not bad coffee this morning - - the maid - - oooopppsss, I mean Janitor must be back. Ya did good, Scott.

Cold in NC this morning. Had to put on my Alaska wind breaker to keep warm - - too much coffee and orange juice in my veins for this cold weather. In the Smokies in Maggie Valley for a week - - pretty country. Ahhhh, sun just came out - - maybe I can put the coffee cup down and get warm without it. Think I will wander out with the camera and find the elk herd.

Ya'll take care,

HillBillyBob
Old 09-22-2006, 04:01 AM

Time to rise & shine. Got to bury mother in law this AM. Pretty rough week. Father in law seems to be holding up pretty good, wife still in shock, but dealing with it like a trooper.

I guess time will help.

Is it asking too much to have the coffee pot on when I get here?

Dang janitor.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:09 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning DTROnians

A nudder day in paradise, geico made some good coffee this morning and I see the donuts are still laying out since Monday. I think when Ed gets here I will have him set up the trap outside my office window so I can shoot those donuts with my 12 ga

Ok Ed....ready?..........Pull! ........Bwam! man those powdered donuts sure do make a pretty cloud when you hit them Ok this time let's try a set of doubles with those pink sprinklies......Pull! Bwam..Bwam Ahh the simple pleasures of life..
Old 09-22-2006, 05:42 AM

Top likes to "smoke" the white powdered ones the best.....

He's the only guy I've ever shot skeet with that uses a BB gun.
Those pink sprinkly donuts keep jamming up the trap.

'Nudder cool morning in the Nation's Capital.
Lots on the To Do list, might be a little OT this evening.
But it's FRIDAY, and it's 5:00 somewhere.........

Quick Reply: *** Skuttlebutt Thread *** 9/17 - 9/23