Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*** Skuttlebutt Thread *** 9/17 - 9/23

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
OK, where is the janitor????
Bob
Janitor? What's a janitor?

Brian, MM1/SS
Old 09-18-2006, 03:48 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by silverbullet02
Janitor? What's a janitor? Brian, MM1/SS
Oh boy, I can't WAIT to see the responses to this one!

chaikwa (THE janitor)
Old 09-18-2006, 04:18 PM
Banned

a janitor is what ALL sub sailors are.
I dont wanna hear that all surface guys are skimmers, targets, etc. at least I can see the sunlight when I want to.
seriously brian/silverbullet. thanks for the service and yes being an engineman for 12 years gives me the right to poke some fun at the sub guys.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by dodgezilla04
a janitor is what ALL sub sailors are.
I dont wanna hear that all surface guys are skimmers, targets, etc. at least I can see the sunlight when I want to.
seriously brian/silverbullet. thanks for the service and yes being an engineman for 12 years gives me the right to poke some fun at the sub guys.
Haha! You took some of the words right outta my mouth...I actually live up by you, live kinda by the walmart down in Bremerton, but over in VA right now for school, will be back out at Bangor in Jan, been up there for a little over 4 years now.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:27 PM
Banned

well then, in january get your *self over here and lets abuse my neighborhood with our trucks.

I can see by how quickly you responded to my post that you arent doing anything productive for uncle sam right now. shame on you. that slacking around is my job.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:38 PM

well then, in january get your *self over here and lets abuse my neighborhood with our trucks.

I can see by how quickly you responded to my post that you arent doing anything productive for uncle sam right now. shame on you. that slacking around is my job.

Hey, I'm on east coast, I got off a little bit ago...I'm living in a hotel, just killin time on the net for now...remember, it's 3 hours later over here!
Old 09-18-2006, 04:46 PM
Banned

I remember being in the military was a 24 hour job, are they getting soft on submarine sailors?
which sub are you going to? I'm in the loveliest place on earth. Puget sound naval junkyard, i mean shipyard.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:02 PM

I remember being in the military was a 24 hour job, are they getting soft on submarine sailors?
which sub are you going to? I'm in the loveliest place on earth. Puget sound naval junkyard, i mean shipyard.

Two words: Shore Duty! I just came off the Kentucky up there at Bangor, been on that boat for almost 5 years, now I'm in school over here and then back out to Bangor to work on nuke maintenance. Go ahead and say it...I know you're prolly thinking it... "&*%$ nuke" Haha!
Old 09-18-2006, 05:34 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Being an engineman for 12 years gives me the right to poke some fun at the sub guys.
Heck, you only need 10 mins in a bath tub to poke fun at sub guys.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:57 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'M BACK !!!!!

FOR A LITTLE WHILE ANYWAY

ALCON

The Mk. 1 Mod 2 Trash Can Launcher has been certified as operational. Deployment to left, right, and central coast units will start this week. Only those personnel that are qualified TCL Techs or with (SS) designators will be authorized to operate the system. Since stealth is a priority, no systems will be issued to (SW), (AW), or 11B personnel.

SHORTROUND SENDS
Old 09-19-2006, 06:09 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Welcome back SR.

Silly Stuff reaching a fever pitch 'round these parts as folks are attempting to wizz away the remains of their annual budgets before 30SEP06 at Midnight.
Just when you thought you've seen it all.......they reach a new high(low?) in their justifications for stuff a CEO at a major company could get past an audit.

Coffee's ready.

Old 09-19-2006, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Silly Stuff reaching a fever pitch 'round these parts as folks are attempting to wizz away the remains of their annual budgets before 30SEP06 at Midnight.

That used to drive me NUTS!

GIVE THE REMAINING BUDGET FUNDS BACK TO THE GENERAL FUND AFTER GIVING THE DEPARTMENT HEAD A 10% BONUS!

Theyneverlistentome.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:54 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

GOOD MORNING DTR'rs!

Silly Spending Time has hit here too........We are actually purchasing a a portable outdoor intercom system for this little 20 acre post.....
Like its SOOO big you cant just yell from one end to the other....geesh, Silver Birds and their toys.....They are also considering a few otehr expenditures that make even less sense, but I guess its only our tax dollars so they might as well spend them, we sure wouldnt get them back anyways...

Chilly enough here this morning that the "wait to start" came on when I fired up the truck! It seems a little early for that. Just three weeks ago we were having 100*+ temps and now highs are in the 60's.

is good and strong, someone must have beat Fiver to the coffee pot.

Well, y'all have good'un, stay warm, stay dry, and remember:

A sailor goes to many lands, and does just as he pleases,
but he always remembers to wash his hands, so he dont get no deseases.....

CD
Old 09-19-2006, 07:10 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Well, crud.............just got a call from one of the other officers that my truck is sititng in the lot with a flat tire. ..........and I dont carry a spare.... .......or a jack.... ......and dont have my tools with me..... .......
Wondre how many cases of beer I'm gonna have to buy the guys over in the FMS shop............
Old 09-19-2006, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
A sailor goes to many lands, and does just as he pleases,
but he always remembers to wash his hands, so he dont get no deseases.....

CD
Washing other things helps too!

Quick Reply: *** Skuttlebutt Thread *** 9/17 - 9/23