Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*** Skuttlebutt Thread *** 8/12 - 8/19

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JD730
Thats what I did sunday night, we had a small fire up in a state park by me, small one right around 5 acres on the side of the hill, but thats how they all start, small.
I used to have a red card, haven't had time to do the pack test in a while. Keep an eye out for some Jersey crews. Theres a bunch of them out on a couple of different fires right now.
That's the problem here... The local people are not being hired for fire fighting only out-of-state crews... This sucks for sure. I've been ready for days to
go but they just keep haulin' in the foreigners...

Shoot... Grangeville, ID had over 8 fires yesterday and all for them were lightning fires.

I ended up spending my time under a fire truck working on re-packing the the pump shaft packing. Very wet and dirty job. Especially when your laying on dirt and the pump is leaking on you... YUCK

Oh well can't win them all I guess... Done RANTING...
Old 08-17-2006, 12:10 PM

Just checkin in for the afternoon. Haven't been in as regular as I used to ... no excuse other than I am just getting lazy .

Supposed to be a pretty healthy romp in the woods with "the boys" tomorrow ... better load up on Motrin first thing in the am !! Go ahead and send one of the sprinkled donuts to through the fax ... I'll have them swing me by on the stretcher to pick it up .

Well ... smells like dinner is burning ... cheers !
PISTOL
Old 08-18-2006, 09:56 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Hmmmm... DTR holiday or something? Nobody's touching the coffee. It's not the janitor's. Gave him some busy work today. He's makeing a run to Maryland and back counting all the deliniator posts. I'm sure the D.O.T. will appreciate the help....
Old 08-18-2006, 11:48 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hi Gang

Sure quiet around here - - did the place go to pot just because I am gone? I know - - ya'll miss me so much.

Finally got a decent INET connection - - we are in Door county in Wisconsin. Weather is great - - 78 today and dry. Heading out Sunday for over the top into Michigan and see who we can bother over there. Look out Don.

The beast is running great - - fuel is horrible and going up. Might have to stop and work a while to try and save enough to get home.

Take care,

Bob
Old 08-19-2006, 04:56 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Saturday and the Min-Pin alarm went off at 0430 hrs.

Heading for the daughter's place for the weekend, and going to scope out a few properties for sale while we're down there.
My criteria:
MUST have a large lot with a large (minimum 3 car) garage........Oh, ....and a house.

Y'all b safe.
State Troopers are on a Crack-Down phase again so watch those posted speed limits.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:24 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Morning all from Paradise. Leaving in a about 1.5 hours for a lot less than Paradise, - Mexico City. Hate going there. The family on my wife's side get together from far and wide every four years for a family gathering and this year it is in Mexico City. Last time it was at my house. Over 60 people expected to meet this afternoon for lunch. Not my cup of tea, but am obligated to go. My truck always stands out parked with the family Audi's and M-B's. If her brother brings his Porsche it will stand out even more.
Depending on traffic it will take about 3 hours to drive there in my trusty Ram. Wife does not like to take her car to Mexico City and prefers the truck as she says she feels a lot safer. Also, she can look over most of the traffic. Hope I can make it home before midnight as I have church duty for 6:30 a.m. tomorrow.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:58 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
This is Shovelhead reporting in from a Sloooooooooooooooooooooooow dial up comnection at the Daugher's house on a borrowed laptop.
MAN they put these darned keys too close together.

Me and Wifey got to spent some time with the daughter while the SIL was at work.

Be back in the home area toorrow afternoon.and back to my desktop PC and DSL conection

Yal B safe
that's a cup of unsweeteed tea, not coffee