Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*** Not Your Mother's Breakroom 5/10-5/16 ***

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 06:10 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by sherod
NOPE! All Military bases US wide are on increased alert. This info is public domain, so no worries about OPSEC. After the Texas shooting, things are tightening up a bit. As a Top level Supervisor, I had to fill in as we were ramping up. I had forgotten how much I liked being on an airfield at night. Up close to the UPS birds as they surged. Smell of JP-8 and burnt rubber. Aaahh!
Not like the good old days of F4's at full burner, but close.
Our grandson married and living off base. He left to go in to base Saturday and everything was breaking loose as he arrived. A soldier living off base had secured ammo and was heading into the base with a non-military rifle. They had been watching him closely and he had tweeted "I am leaving now" to a contact. They were ready for him. Scary.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:37 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Hello peoples. Been up since 4:30 and had a VERY busy day. Tomorrow will be similar, but do not need to be up quite so early.

Anybody have any suggestions how to remove the tube from a wheelbarrow tire and full it with expanding foam or similar? I know that there are solid wheelbarrow tires available, but they are expensive. All the wheelbarrows at this one site has constant flats from long, sharp thorns and other sharp objects and it is getting old fixing these flats. A few weeks ago we brought in some brand new wheelbarrows and within two days the first one had a flat wheel. It had two thorns thru the tire into the tube.

On the way out this morning (way before the sparrows woke up) my truck started to beep intermittently. Then the "Lamp Out" light started to flash occasionally. Finally figured out that it only happened when I hit a rough spot in the road. At my destination I checked all the lights, but every one was working fine. Coming home in daylight with no lights on, it did the same thing, but this time the Lamp Out light stayed on. Once again checked all the lights and found one brake light not working. The bulb was black. Installed a new bulb and the Lamp Out light went out. Will see what it does when I go out tomorrow early. Can't complain, because this is only the third bulb to go in the life of the truck.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:34 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Anybody have any suggestions how to remove the tube from a wheelbarrow tire and full it with expanding foam or similar? I know that there are solid wheelbarrow tires available, but they are expensive. All the wheelbarrows at this one site has constant flats from long, sharp thorns and other sharp objects and it is getting old fixing these flats. A few weeks ago we brought in some brand new wheelbarrows and within two days the first one had a flat wheel. It had two thorns thru the tire into the tube.
I'd try Slime in the tubes. Though the can says for tubeless tires, they also sell a product called a pre-slimed tube for 4.00/4.80 x 8 tires.

With slime you can leave a nail in, or pull it out. don't matter.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
On the way out this morning (way before the sparrows woke up) my truck started to beep intermittently. Then the "Lamp Out" light started to flash occasionally. Finally figured out that it only happened when I hit a rough spot in the road. At my destination I checked all the lights, but every one was working fine. Coming home in daylight with no lights on, it did the same thing, but this time the Lamp Out light stayed on. Once again checked all the lights and found one brake light not working. The bulb was black. Installed a new bulb and the Lamp Out light went out. Will see what it does when I go out tomorrow early. Can't complain, because this is only the third bulb to go in the life of the truck.
There was a period, including the 03, that had a problem with the plastic assembly that holds the bulbs in the tail lights. Mine did the same while in Newfoundland. Try to get help up there - - DUH. Put up with it until home, then investigated and found the plastic around the base of the bulb melts from the heat. They redesigned them - - replaced both sides, no more problems. Think they were about $23 per side. That thing will drive you craze with the dinging. GGGRRRRR
Old 05-11-2015, 10:10 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
j_m, thanks for the suggestion about the Slime. Will look for some when I am in the states.

Bob, I know about that problem. A few years ago had good bulb go out in the tail lights and eventually figured it out for myself. Changed the molecular construction of all the contacts for all the bulbs and since then have not had a problem. Strange that you mention this tho, because I have been thinking about ordering a replacement set of assemblies from Genos for "just in case". Your suggestion settled it, so now I will.

We are in the midst of a huge storm. Rain, thunder, lightening - everything that goes into making a good storm. Thought i even heard a few chunks of small hail hitting the skylights a few minutes ago. Time to shut this thing down and got to bed and enjoy listening to the storm We need the rain badly.

Ciao.
Old 05-12-2015, 03:14 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I threw the dragon a bone, rearranged some pillows for Lary and had a look outside. Breakroom check complete, all is well right now.

NOPE! All Military bases US wide are on increased alert. This info is public domain, so no worries about OPSEC. After the Texas shooting, things are tightening up a bit. As a Top level Supervisor, I had to fill in as we were ramping up. I had forgotten how much I liked being on an airfield at night. Up close to the UPS birds as they surged. Smell of JP-8 and burnt rubber. Aaahh!
Not like the good old days of F4's at full burner, but close.
Ahhh...yeah... We're on heightened vigilance in light of recent events as well. But your workspace sounds more fun
We're past full moon, you'd think people would settle down already.

Stan, we've been getting hit with an endless cycle of storms as well. Every few days there's a new one coming. It's been exceptionally humid and cloudy. Knock on wood not much flooding but it sure is wet. Good for the lakes and aquifers though and we'll need it come summer. We haven't had damage like other places, we've been lucky. I am ready for those clear blue Texas days though.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:27 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Apparently the scientists are pointing at the change in the earths axis from the Japan earthquake as the reason for the weather changes.
I was listening to a program that speculates each time we receive a big quake its changes our environment, more and more.

Ok
Nuff I dat

Hanyday folks

Stay safe.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:55 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning! Found some comfy pillows in the break room and the jar of Apple Pie Shorts hid for me there thanks!

Coffee is hot, Phoo is too, Have a Day!
Old 05-12-2015, 06:57 AM

I believe in climate change. Was raining yesterday, sun's out today.

They can't accurately predict the weather for tomorrow. They claim their models will predict the weather for a hundred years. So far, they've completely missed the first 20. CO2 is rising as predicted, though it isn't for the reason they claim. Though CO2 is rising, temperature isn't.

I thought that science involved proving or invalidating and discarding theories. Apparently it is more blind faith these days. As it always has been, unbelievers are punished by law derived from consensus.

runnin' for cover.........
Old 05-12-2015, 07:28 AM

Grabbing my ph00 and out of here. Ya'll have a good one. ........................appointments - - - appointments - - - - appointments. Hmmm, thought I retired. ...............

Bob
Old 05-12-2015, 10:53 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Had my 2 week follow up yesterday. Dr says I'm on track. A little leakage along the incision line is not unusual at this time. The problem is all those antibiotics have killed off the good stuff my gut needs to break down food. Essentially, I'm suffering from malnutrition.
Old 05-12-2015, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by cougar
Had my 2 week follow up yesterday. Dr says I'm on track. A little leakage along the incision line is not unusual at this time. The problem is all those antibiotics have killed off the good stuff my gut needs to break down food. Essentially, I'm suffering from malnutrition.
Go to Wal-Mart and get some Lifeway Kefir. Drink about 8 oz, 3 or 4 times a day till about a week after you quit taking anti-biotics.

If you get C-diff, PM me and I'll tell ya a coupla other things to add.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:49 PM
Admin Team Leader

I fired my heart surgeon today told him not to look for me at my follow up surgical appt next month. I have been trying to reach him for 8 business days and all I could ever get is his receptionist who admitted to me today she forgot to tell him I needed help....

I think perhaps they forgot who was paying the bill... I can assure you I will show the same care and speed in paying the bill as they displayed in taking care of their patients in need.....

I would have been happy with a call from the PA but instead I got left to swing in the wind and couldn't even get a refill on my blood pressure meds they wanted me on after surgery....I took care of that with a different Doc so no need for Bozo and company.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:40 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Lary, make them work for you! Good job!

I took the rest of the week off. The Traveling Wall is arriving tomorrow afternoon in Radcliff, KY. I have the honor of helping build it. Also will be manning my Wife's information booth for the duration. If you are interested, check out the Facebook page POW/MIA Flag Guard. It's going to be a long week, but in the end, worth it.

See ya,
Old 05-12-2015, 06:37 PM
Admin Team Leader

Lary, make them work for you! Good job!

I took the rest of the week off. The Traveling Wall is arriving tomorrow afternoon in Radcliff, KY. I have the honor of helping build it. Also will be manning my Wife's information booth for the duration. If you are interested, check out the Facebook page POW/MIA Flag Guard. It's going to be a long week, but in the end, worth it.

See ya,
Ed, a BIG Thanks to you and your wife for the efforts you put forth on this project....I am **** Proud to know you and hope to make it a face to face sooner than later

Quick Reply: *** Not Your Mother's Breakroom 5/10-5/16 ***