Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*** The New and Exciting Things Breakroom 11/30/14 - 12/6/14 ***

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 12:08 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Glad I wasn't drinking anything when I saw your picture Cougar! I'm still laughing and the wife thinks I must be up to something!

Yea, that would do it!

What a Pal!!!!

(and yea I'm jealous. My beard would never look as good as yours)
Old 12-05-2014, 12:09 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by cougar
When and if you do trim the beard...send it to Bobby as he likes a fur lined Speedo.

Old 12-05-2014, 12:55 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Good Morning DTR! Coffee is hot, fresh phoo for Bob....fresh fruit and cereals on the counter top, warm goodies in the oven help yourself!Have a Safe weekend everyone
Thanks Lary - - running behind today as I have for several days now. Ph00.....................

OK, now I can talk.

Originally Posted by Scotty
When and if you do trim the beard...send it to Bobby as he likes a fur lined Speedo.
Was that a nice thing to say about me? And how do you know that - - I didn't tell you and I don't think you were peaking while I was asleep. Shape up, big boy - - have to send a sphere your way.

Back from the ortho today - - good news. NO TEAR. He says the shoulder looks really good except for one little rough corner, but that is away from anything that would cause what I have. Wow, I was glad to hear that. Then I thought, that is good - - BUT - - - why do I hurt? What do we do about that? He says it should get better slowly as I keep on doing the exercises I learned in therapy. I have to admit pain is somewhat down and flex is somewhat better. Just don't overdo it - - take it slow. I am happy to hear all that. Also have to wear an elbow pad when on the computer. He wants to test if that is making my fingers numb. Hmmm????

OK, refill ...............................and out of here to catch up.

Bob
Old 12-05-2014, 01:10 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Bobby, you told me once the temp plummeted below 60 you switch to your winter fur lined gear.

Good news on the shoulder. Are you doing any ultrasound or tens treatment. I'd throw any and all healing approaches at it.

Another round of dextrose injections for me on Tuesday.

Ask about plasma rich injections... These may apply to this.
Old 12-05-2014, 02:36 PM

Bobby, you told me once the temp plummeted below 60 you switch to your winter fur lined gear.

Good news on the shoulder. Are you doing any ultrasound or tens treatment. I'd throw any and all healing approaches at it.

Another round of dextrose injections for me on Tuesday.

Ask about plasma rich injections... These may apply to this.
No, not the fur lined ones - - makes me itch. Hate to itch. NO NO .

Some good ideas - - I will mention these to the doc. I have had ultrasound on it - - did not help at all. I am using this new elbow cushion as I sit here at the computer - - we will see. Hope something can help. Also need to be more consistent with the exercises but way too busy right now working the arm way to hard getting the rig ready to sell. Gotta make it Purdy.

Bob
Old 12-05-2014, 08:39 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Worked on the first gen door lock. Ordered the parts.

Then I looked under the hood of the other first gen. Took the serp belt off and spun things by hand. Noticed the water pump is rough, and a little wet. Went and got that part also. Looks like it'll be decent enough tomorrow to get everything put back together.

I have been volunteered to run sound for the Women's Christmas Tea at church tomorrow. I'll have to put on a white shirt and tie to fit in. I don't do that but about once a year. Gotta live mix a men's quartet without monitors. Should be grins and giggles for sure. Baptist sound engineering is always a challenge.

Clutch is holding in the rice burner as long as I drive like an old lady.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:02 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Morning all. Coffee and ph00 is on. Where is everybody? Just because it is Saturday does not mean that you can sleep in THIS late!!!! Somebody else can bring breakfast.

Another fine cloudless day is dawning here. Not going to be that hot today. The forecast high is for a high of only 22c / 72F. Shortly after noon expect 27 adults and a few kids at my house for a family Christmas gathering. It's going to be a noisy afternoon and evening. Lots to eat and drink.

One thing that is done different down here to what you do north of the border for large gatherings like this, is to often hire a caterer and a waiter or two. We have hired someone to bring their cooking stuff and set it up right next to the eating area (outside, next to the verandah) to prepare some traditional Mexican dishes. A waiter will circulate and keep everybody in food and drink. A few large rental tables and many chairs have also been delivered and set up on the lawn. Have many rental glasses and cups which do not need to be washed for the return. Costs for this are very cheap compared to what it will cost north of the border. It takes a lot of load off the hosts.

Off to start preparing for the party.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:08 AM

Hey boy - - this is Saturday - - too much noise in here. Didn't sleep about 3 hours last night, so needed the sleep-in. Oh, you made ph00 - - OK, that gives you per to wake me up. BUT, I didn't notice an invite to your party. You just don't love me any more - - .............

First night of the Christmas performance went well - - - I am a King - - how fitting, eh. Grabbing my ph00 and back to work. .....................

BusyBob
Old 12-06-2014, 07:09 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Morning yall. Coffee-check, hot ham n cheese sandwich-check, sitting on the floor surrounded by training manuals, flashcards, and all kinds of writing utensils on my day off, tired but being up regular time after a night out with coworkers following the city parade and Christmas tree lighting-check.

TRad! Good to see you man. It will definitely get busy and I'm going to work my tail off to get through. I wish I was already past the learning curve.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:17 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Hi Shorts, BobbyDependable, Stanamex.
Hi awl yawlz.
Heat wave here. Almost above freezing.

Toodaloo 2 olive ewe.

Old 12-06-2014, 10:23 AM

Hi Shorts, BobbyDependable, Stanamex.
Hi awl yawlz.
Heat wave here. Almost above freezing.

Toodaloo 2 olive ewe.

UUHHHH, you sound dangerous today. I suggest you give your keys to Maddi until you sober up. ..............

ScaredBobby
Old 12-06-2014, 11:15 AM

Received 451 Likes on 343 Posts
21° and warming. We may get snow, but more than likely rain which is bad right now.
Old 12-06-2014, 11:34 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
No complaints or pains or ailments today worth mentioning.

SHORTS -- Good to see things looking up for you!

Quick trip this afternoon to have a get together with the work crew. Not grabbing anything from the counter, saving room for later.....
Old 12-06-2014, 10:18 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok, I am going to shut down this week's breakroom. Before the peanut gallery gets out of control, let's be honest. There have been no posts for 11 hours. THAT is a dead breakroom.