Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*** The New and Exciting Things Breakroom 11/30/14 - 12/6/14 ***

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
Slev. Your dad just experienced the reason why minimum clearance to anything remotely considered combustible, (including sheet rock, for instance) is at least 18", often more.

It is to compensate for the accidental over firing of the appliance.

I strongly suggest you find the install manual for the appliance, and follow the spacing requirements to the letter. I suggest this because I'd hate to see real damage, like a burned down house happen to your family.
I hear what you're saying, and I did move that plasticpipe up a few inches when I fixed it for him, but I swear I would never have thought it would crack.
Everything around here has to be approved by some sort of authority, furnaces in particular, but his is ok.
The manual is long gone, I think he burned it, the furnace is from around 1980 or so, there's no chance you could put in a beast like that today.

Thanks for your concern though, and I did tell him to be careful with that thing, but you know what they say about old dogs eh.

Slev
Old 12-01-2014, 02:55 PM
DTR Mom

Stan, you are still impressive. do you do parties? hehehehheh

did chores; can hear Scotty's wife from here.....do dit do.....glad big one is home safe.

speaking of old dogs, slev:

local folks lost two brother husky lab mixes 2 years ago. used facebook, google, handed out posters, business cards looking for them, lost in a snowstorm Feb 2013.

they were returned today, from an alert woman in Georgia. showed up at vet clinic, bad shape but home now. lots of people cared cause my number is one digit of from theirs....talk about hope and Faith....wow. Georgia!!!! Thanks to all those who have ever cared for a wandering dog. furry children.
Old 12-01-2014, 05:02 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Me? Impressive? Really? Oh wait, of course I am. Not sure how or where, but definitely impressive!!!!
Nope, do not do parties. No way!!!
Old 12-01-2014, 09:15 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Well, converted a critical database at the tank place to a new format for them over the weekend. Another "expert" they hired was to convert the clients served by it. Wandered into a firestorm about 9 this morning. Had the mess cleaned up by noon.

Then the service man for the alarm system in the paint shop arrived. He didn't believe me when I told him his panel had power, dead batteries, and was functionally equivalent to a penny. He found that it had been destroyed by a power surge. Took out a telephone circuit also. I fixed the phones and he swapped out the panel. Only dropped air in the shop for about 5 minutes. We patted each other on the back. Phones weren't hurt too bad. A Panamax surge module had sacrificed itself to protect the KSU.

Hey Stan,
I read the Santa Clause engineering report to my kids and grand kids.

Dang, it's cold in the dog house.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:12 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning DTR! Hot coffee is on and fresh Almond Mocha locked up for Bob.....Breakfast burritos and warm goodies right out of the oven..Dig In!
Old 12-02-2014, 07:42 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Good Morning DTR! Hot coffee is on and fresh Almond Mocha locked up for Bob.....Breakfast burritos and warm goodies right out of the oven..Dig In!
UMMMMMM yum - - - my favorite........................................

For that, you can show your LEGGS. ......

Doc. Bye.

Bob
Old 12-02-2014, 10:06 AM

Received 451 Likes on 343 Posts
Freezing rain on top of fresh snow. Cars in the ditches. Ah, now this is living!
Old 12-02-2014, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
Stan, you are still impressive. do you do parties? hehehehheh

did chores; can hear Scotty's wife from here.....do dit do.....glad big one is home safe.

speaking of old dogs, slev:

local folks lost two brother husky lab mixes 2 years ago. used facebook, google, handed out posters, business cards looking for them, lost in a snowstorm Feb 2013.

they were returned today, from an alert woman in Georgia. showed up at vet clinic, bad shape but home now. lots of people cared cause my number is one digit of from theirs....talk about hope and Faith....wow. Georgia!!!! Thanks to all those who have ever cared for a wandering dog. furry children.
I just looked at a map, NY to Georgia, that's a looong walk, unbelievable is what comes to mind.
About them dogs, a couple of weeks ago there was a story in the news about a woman who was attacked by a man while she was walking her dog, he came from behind and knocked her to the ground.
Luckily her dog was well trained, it attacked the guy and bit him in his arm so hard he had to punch it in it's face numerous times before it let go.
The thing about the dog is, it's half rottweiler and half great dane, basically a small horse with sharp teeth, if you're dumb enough to pick a fight with that....
I don't know if the police ever found him, but maybe he learned a lesson.

Grabbing a cup of this black stuff and moving on.

Slev
Old 12-02-2014, 02:57 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Home. Still chilled. I have blend door issues of which came from the foam wrap coming off of the heater treater doors I put in awhile back. One motor stripped, one half of lower follower door broken and who knows what else.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:20 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Home. Still chilled. I have blend door issues of which came from the foam wrap coming off of the heater treater doors I put in awhile back. One motor stripped, one half of lower follower door broken and who knows what else.
You just want the fun of pulling all that interior out again and showing off your LEGGS while doing it. Yeh. That's my story - - sticking to it.

Doc says I might live a few more weeks - - I was excited.

More ph00.....................
Old 12-02-2014, 06:10 PM

Received 451 Likes on 343 Posts
I'd like to find who ever gave me this cold or whatever it is. I've been coughing so hard my sides hurt.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:57 PM
Administrator

Received 172 Likes on 130 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
You know, I wonder if a place like Vintage Air would be interested in making a bulletproof replacement system for our trucks.

I bet they could sell the heck out of them to guys who just don't want to have to deal with it again.

I know I would pay a fair price for a replacement under dash unit that I didn't have to worry about every few years.........
Old 12-02-2014, 07:28 PM
DTR Mom

wow. my earlier post has been removed. I know I can be offensive, but....

sorry to hear the door issues scottysafeathome....I put the peel and place sound foam (stereo shop) when door failure knocked at ...well, the door.

hey pat.

anyone pay the electric bill in Detroit?
Old 12-03-2014, 05:47 AM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
wow. my earlier post has been removed. I know I can be offensive, but....
You Offensive? ...if that is true I have yet to see it.....Heidi I just did a search of your posts and I can find none that were removed.....my guess is you hit the preview post button by accident and never actually posted it.

Done it a couple times myself, very aggravating as it appears as the post never existed

NOBODY wants to be the person that messes with any of MOMS posts ...when Mom aint happy NOBODY'S happy!
Old 12-03-2014, 05:53 AM
Admin Team Leader

Ooops I was so worked up about the possibility of someone picking on our DTR Mom, I forgot to say Good Morning!

Coffee is on, fresh holiday Phoo for Bob and some great treats on the counter for all to enjoy.

Quick Reply: *** The New and Exciting Things Breakroom 11/30/14 - 12/6/14 ***