Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*** Diesel Sniffers' Breakroom 2/15/15 - 2/21/15

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 10:49 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Bad, bad , bad. Friday the 13th my truck dies leaving me stranded and the wife had to come and get me. Monday came to the conclusion the injection pump died. Tuesday morning I have a relapse of diverticulitis and had to go to the ER. Also got a box full of past due bills step mom sent me along with dads tax stuff. I have a license renewal and a NAFTA audit coming up shortly as well. No stress here! All I can do is concentrate on the government stuff, everything else will have to wait.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:34 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by cougar
Bad, bad , bad. Friday the 13th my truck dies leaving me stranded and the wife had to come and get me. Monday came to the conclusion the injection pump died. Tuesday morning I have a relapse of diverticulitis and had to go to the ER. Also got a box full of past due bills step mom sent me along with dads tax stuff. I have a license renewal and a NAFTA audit coming up shortly as well. No stress here! All I can do is concentrate on the government stuff, everything else will have to wait.
Hope you're coping ok.
Lary and I started alternative therapies. Nothing seems the same anymore.

Look after you.

Old 02-19-2015, 12:44 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Wow, what a bunch of convalescent old timers. Just got back from the gym. Feel good, almost feel guilty. Am I supposed to be sick?

Love the shrooms

Old 02-19-2015, 05:43 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Doc gave me a look see and said come back in 6 months. Then got a call from a friend, slid down a bank and stuck. Backhoe out of fuel. Ed to the rescue!

Took the DW and her friend out to eat, got my chores done well enough. That's enough for one day. (News Flash-4-6 inches of snow Friday night, 1/4 inch of ice Saturday, then 1-3 inches of rain.)
Old 02-19-2015, 05:48 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by sherod
Doc gave me a look see and said come back in 6 months. Then got a call from a friend, slid down a bank and stuck. Backhoe out of fuel. Ed to the rescue!

Took the DW and her friend out to eat, got my chores done well enough. That's enough for one day. (News Flash-4-6 inches of snow Friday night, 1/4 inch of ice Saturday, then 1-3 inches of rain.)
Perfect mix of weather hey?

We've had that a few times this winter. Not common for here.
Makes a mess.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:06 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C c c c c cold took wife out to her car so she could drive to work it's only -7 outside.

Coffee phOOOO for Bob hot chocklet tea and a good bottle of shine to help knock off the chill limit of 2 shots.

I bribed the dragon with a drink to warm this place up.

Biscuits gravy eggs ham grits hash browns and pancakes eat up it will help keep you warm.

Keep warm out there
Old 02-20-2015, 06:15 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Morning. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. What is this place? Who moved the breakroom into the walk in freezer? Not coming back until it is moved back to a warm area.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:35 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning sniffers or sufferers, depending on where u live....

Stan, the place we had lunch and a few pics (letchworth state park) is on the news for our five story volcano of ice. (koi pond fountain) water still coating the outsides, hubby and I will check it out this weekend after doing firewood.....

a balmy -37 wind chill earlier now only at -20. 8 below but sunny. diesels plugged in , salamander heater used to fire up log splitter, salamander heater brought in to thaw before using. but my 94 jeep fires up in half a key turn. it must love me.

visited neighbors and hubby at work yesterday, everyone is sun worshipping.

good thoughts out to those that need them, hope your vehicles give you love also, lol.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:41 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Hi

Bye
Old 02-20-2015, 07:56 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Chilly good morning. Broke the 40 mark here last night - - down to 38. .................not nice at all. Only hit 62 today, but back to 75 tomorrow. Wish you Yankees and Canucks would quit sending that stuff down here. Just cuz you don't like it, we don't either - - so send it east - - New Yorkers love it. Listen to Heidi - - she loves it and so does her Jeep. ............

Originally Posted by Scotty

Hi

Bye
Looks like Scotty is getting back to normal by his post. Gooooo Scott.

Grab my ph00 and back to work.....................
Old 02-20-2015, 09:13 AM

Just finished digging DW's car out of the parking spot. Finally can see a bit of dirt on the driveway. Sounds like we are going to get "something" tonight. Wx guy said he wasn't going to give a forecast. It would be a "nowcast" once it happens. Could be thunderstorms, could be ice, could be snow. One way or the other, I'm sure it will be messy! Power has been up and down since last night all over the area. -18 when I got up and started clearing this morning. Sure hope folks get by with the power issue. I can run the whole place on a genset, so no big deal, just a hassle.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:11 AM
REALLY old dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning fellow DTRotarions !

While you all have been crying about the cold , we have been making lemon-aid out of lemons !

We have perfected making ice -to be turned in to ice cubes come summer .

With business being slow it has been easy to rent warehouse space .
Have many filled with ice >

Come August when everyone is sweltering , we will have plenty of ice for sale .

Right now cost of production is nearly -0-

At -35 degrees we have been making tons of ice .

Got to get back to storing the ice - after all a week from Sunday is time change & it can start warming up anytime after that !

Claude
Old 02-20-2015, 10:18 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
That Claude fellow is BRILLIANT! he will no doubt be cruising the south pacific on his yacht this summer after all that money he makes selling ice!

Sure was cold here on ridgetop...- 21 windchill and had to shovel my way to the "convenience" before I could use it... Stay warm if possible
Attached Thumbnails *** Diesel Sniffers' Breakroom 2/15/15 - 2/21/15-outhouse.jpg  
Old 02-20-2015, 10:39 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Mid teens this morning. The incoming storm will put us back into the low 40s with rain. Just laying low with the cat till I feel better.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:24 PM

[QUOTE=Justwannabeme;3268328]Good morning sniffers or sufferers, depending on where u live....

Stan, the place we had lunch and a few pics (letchworth state park) is on the news for our five story volcano of ice. (koi pond fountain) water still coating the outsides, hubby and I will check it out this weekend after doing firewood.....

We saw that on our local news last night. Very neat!

Quick Reply: *** Diesel Sniffers' Breakroom 2/15/15 - 2/21/15