Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*** Diesel Sniffers' Breakroom 2/15/15 - 2/21/15

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 07:41 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning folks, snowed in here on the ridge top...blew the oil cooler off the snow plow so only made one pass in driveway. Got both 4x4s stuck trying to get Wife to work but failed....

So having said that I am making a big pot of Chili to go with Cornbread tonight and saying the heck with going any where until the snow plows get to the secondary roads. This of course means the Boss is here so I have to play nice for a change
Old 02-17-2015, 08:32 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Morning all nice breakfast Stan adding bacon and strawberry jam.

About 12 in of SNOW drifts up over the bumper of my truck.

The train wreck happened about 2 hrs north of me it's a bad situation I'd lay money on a broken rail causing the accident with the way the temp has been up and down so much lately.

Let's go do something. Later
Old 02-17-2015, 08:51 AM
Admin Team Leader

Clint...we are lucky that we live next to the only river in the Lower 48 that runs North all that stuff is headed in the opposite direction.

Of course I have a deep water well with the sweetest water you ever tasted so no concern here any way Sad for those poor people up there though...prayers sent to those effected by this mess.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:08 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
How much you want to bet W. Buffett owns the cars involved?

He's making a killing shipping Bakken Crude. Enviro-wackos financed by him vehemently oppose pipe line construction. Go figure.
Old 02-17-2015, 03:57 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Took off work early today to make up for arriving late! Got home and took DW to town and bought her supper. She's kinda getting cabin fever as she drives a little bitty Hyundai. Not that she needed anything from town, but the 2013 car of hers has over 100K on it at 2 years old.

Brownie points for me! Now waiting on 1 to 3 more inches tonight before the temps bottom out. -8 this morning, -10 coming soon with up to 30 mph winds. Might have to build a fire!
Old 02-17-2015, 05:09 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by sherod
Took off work early today to make up for arriving late! Got home and took DW to town and bought her supper. She's kinda getting cabin fever as she drives a little bitty Hyundai. Not that she needed anything from town, but the 2013 car of hers has over 100K on it at 2 years old.

Brownie points for me! Now waiting on 1 to 3 more inches tonight before the temps bottom out. -8 this morning, -10 coming soon with up to 30 mph winds. Might have to build a fire!
-37 wind chill here. A wee bit frosty.
No sling most of yesterday and all of today makes for a pain filled day.
Lary suggested I sand my Leggs, shoot out the neighbors kitchen, bathroom and hallway lights and then order some Chinese food.
I'm glad I doubled up my polar white snow gear. Falling into a snow bank a few times and nobody noticed, my potato silencers froze so I had to pocket them and wait while they thawed. LoL

The Hyundai was my preference for flipping in strongman comps.
Started with a pair of 2200 lb Chevettes and then found the Pony to be much more durable. 2300 lbs gutted, reinforced with plow blades...flipped one over twice in 19 seconds. Played a Lawrence Welk tune while flipping. Other guys played less aggressive stuff like Motley or acdc, Metallica etc.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:09 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Morning folks. Good food and hot drinks are ready - at Bob's house. Convoy down and go get them. That will make him very happy.

It looks like spring has sprung down here. Yesterday was nice, but today will be nicer and judging by the long range forecast, the next week is all sun and warm weather. Some folks down here believe that on Feb 15 each year the weather changes and improves.

This good weather suits me because today I am going to pretend to be a plumber and do lots of rearranging of some copper pipes, plus relocate a pressure tank. One big advantage of living in a non freezing climate is that much of the exterior plumbing is located outside of the walls. For example, my sprinkler pumps and the valves are all outside. Makes maintenance much easier. The new RO system I installed last week is also outside. Just need to shield it from the sun that quickly destroys all plastics and rubber products.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:11 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Morning all fresh coffee phOO hot water and ice cold Mt Dew chicken biscuits scrambled eggs hash browns and apple butter laid out this morning.

Had to take the wife to work her car is still about 25 min from here and if it was she couldn't get it out to the road.

We finialy found a judge in Texas that can read the constitution and make a valid ruling on illegals. We might stand a chance after all. But I doubt it.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:34 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Old 02-18-2015, 07:46 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Originally Posted by Scotty

Today's Scotty definition: succinct.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:12 AM
Admin Team Leader

Scotty please forgo the medical marijuana today....I carried out 47 lbs of Chinese food containers from the break room this morning...you sure do like your moo shoo pork when your buzzing

I think I counted 64 prawn tails by the TV and there is fried rice in all the chairs...you have trouble sitting still ?

Clint, thanks for breakfast...got to head to town today for parts for the snow plow I messed up yesterday Oh well always something...
Old 02-18-2015, 08:16 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning all. Grab a ph00 - - - - ..................
Hey, just noticed my speeeell chiiker kno longr hilites ph00 az mizpiled. Gtg smrtr lick mee.

Originally Posted by Scotty
The Hyundai was my preference for flipping in strongman comps.Started with a pair of 2200 lb Chevettes and then found the Pony to be much more durable. 2300 lbs gutted, reinforced with plow blades...flipped one over twice in 19 seconds. Played a Lawrence Welk tune while flipping. Other guys played less aggressive stuff like Motley or acdc, Metallica etc.
At least that kept you busy from playing with your spheres. Haven't seen one pass overhead for a long time. Good boy.

Late meeting last night - - didn't get home 'til 11. Grrr, tough getting a bunch of hardheads to come together and agree on something. UUUppps, what am I calling myself??? DUH

OK, refill and get to work........................

BusyBob
ps: be so glad when I can retire. YEH Hopefully make it before I turn 70.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:25 AM

After reading Lary's complaint about Scotty, think that it is necessary to revise his description to; succinctly messy.

BusyBob, boy, do I know the feeling! Just yesterday was trying to figure out how to revise some of the stuff I am doing to allow me time to do other stuff. I thought that I had retired years ago, but on looking back at what keeps me so busy, all I can see is that I switched jobs to become even busier.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:14 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning all U readers! hope your day is going okay, post! all R welcome here

gonna call our Alaskan wonder , spring check in. will report later.

plowed north side trails of the land so we can get firewood going or next year. normally we don't have 3 -4 feet of snow in the woods.....

sad to see tiny hooves struggling, one foot by one foot depressions in the snow where they bed down, lil fawns. plowed to bare ground so they can forage, if you feed them, they will die. freeze to death waiting for next meal.

yes, Fiver, strategy is tough for the next three years...

caution note: army helicopters have been doing the low, nightly runs again over head......that can't be good news.

wow- two Eds posted in a row! towers.....in this temp. can't be good either.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:36 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Today's Scotty definition: succinct.
NOPE - - - LAZY. ............

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
yes, Fiver, strategy is tough for the next three years....
Only THREE? Lucky girl. .... ....... I retired at 55 - - still haven't made it.

Gorgeous day here but heading for the coldest night of the year Thursday night. It will break 40 degrees. That is cold. Guess I get to pull all my babies in off the lanai - - they can't handle those "freezing" temps.

Is it lunch time yet - - hungry.

Bob

Quick Reply: *** Diesel Sniffers' Breakroom 2/15/15 - 2/21/15