Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*** Diesel Sniffers' Breakroom 2/15/15 - 2/21/15

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 03:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Malwarebytes and avg didn't find anything. Trying to find hijackthis software but the links only seem to bring up a full antivirus program. Or am I not seeing something?
Old 02-15-2015, 04:12 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Pulled Dimaz's (appropriate name ) posts out of the public area of the forums.
Old 02-15-2015, 04:22 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
Malwarebytes and avg didn't find anything. Trying to find hijackthis software but the links only seem to bring up a full antivirus program. Or am I not seeing something?
It looked pretty sophomoric on it's face, so maybe you lucked out. Usually they download a downloader, setting up for further infestation of malware.

At one place I contract, we've been seeing 1 or 2 zero day attempts per day. zero day means it's not been seen before, and will take a few hours to a day for the antivirus vendors to put up a signature for it. We've put up blocks to stop most of them from running, and we've trained most of the users to hover over the link, and look down in the corner to see if it's what they'd expect. We also stress that they think about the reason the link is there. Why would a message, "I like your post" have an image attached, for instance.

About all you can do now is:
1. Watch for suspicious activities, like your friends getting e-mails you didn't send, or new popups.
2. In a couple of days, make sure your scanner signatures are up to the minute, and re-scan. If you're infected, it'll show up then.
Old 02-15-2015, 04:28 PM

Here's HiJackThis.

It tells you what's running, and what runs when you start up, even if it's hit and run. It does not, however, tell you what each item is. You have to discern it for yourself. If you don't know what you're doing, you can really wreck havoc on your computer, up to and including mortal damage, with HiJackThis.

PS. Loading this screen automatically downloads HJT, after about 30 seconds. All the other download buttons are unneeded junque.

If it doesn't automatically download, go to the root HJT page at sourceforge and pick the download button, which should reload this page.
Old 02-15-2015, 05:08 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
okay, it is officially cold. 10 below with steady 20 mph winds, some gusts but colder temps tonight. resort city had yuppies staggering around like zombies......dressed fancy but not practical. "is it too cold for me to walk to starbucks?" one kardashian look alike asked me. it was 50 yards away.

pleasant day with son, coon cat, and a take out order that got everything wrong. we survived enough to shop for xxl gloves for hubby. xxxl would be fine but not available from china. checked out Runnings store, like tractor supply on steroids. had two whole aisles full of gloves. me likey. had a four aisle dewalt display that was all lit up. thought I went to heaven....

I did not see Larry at walmart, lowes or petsmart. He could have been within the mob at Fifty Shades of grey movie lobby.......I don't want to know
icon holding hands over eyes.......

NE, dang, you have no breaks. are you doing maintenance or feeding chores this time of year? forget the W-2, get the winning lottery ticket!
Old 02-15-2015, 05:14 PM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Originally Posted by sherod
Ended up taking DW to town to get gas and grab a bite to eat. Went ahead a bought 1 loaf of bread and a gallon of milk. Stood in line at the checkout, opened the door for somebody, walked slow across the parking lot, not one whistle or wink. I'm really not feeling it. LARY and COUGAR must have a secret.....

Now, calling for 12-18". That will shut this place down for a week!
We do, but we're not sharing. It's a secret

You can send the snow my way. We'll take all you can give us.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:18 PM

I think I know the secret.

They both lie like a rug.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:35 PM
DTR Mom

wow, Alaskans asking for snow.....huh. doesn't Valdez have any to spare?

sat night live 40th anniversary. nice to see some stars.

wind is up now, pushed lil jeep sideways.

buckle up sherod, it's gonna be a bumpy ride....
Old 02-15-2015, 09:38 PM
DTR Mom

Originally Posted by j_martin
I think I know the secret.

They both lie like a rug.
we have seen their pics, let's call it a "****" rug
Old 02-16-2015, 06:22 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Good morning. Drinks are fresh, hot and ready. Come and get 'em.

On reading the previous few days posts, I see that everybody is in their usual fine form and about as "normal" as can be expected for the DTR'ers.

Hopefully early this week the cold weather will vanish and spring will spring forth and by the weekend here it will be about 29c or 84F for you backwards types.

Enjoy your day, wherever you are and whatever you are doing.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:51 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Thanks for the drinks Stan...I love the fresh squeezed lime

Been a tough weekend trying to get back to normal with shopping cart tracks on my cucumber

Snowing here now looks like I will be plowing snow after a bit..... Y'all stay safe and WARM today!
Old 02-16-2015, 07:34 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Call it a cucumber if you like.
Just cuz its green.

We had our snow and high winds on Saturday.
Neighbor used the blower and cleared both yards. Nice!

Another week of daily packing changes.

Lovely
Old 02-16-2015, 08:22 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
About 7 inches of dry powder so far. DW's dog, Long hair Chihuahua mix, went out the door at a run. Made it all the way to under the car. Said "nope" and ran back to the door. Guess I'll be looking for "presents". We are supposed to get about an inch an hour until late tonight. Guess I'll crank the tractor after a bit.

For now, I think I'll fix a bunch of fried egg sandwiches to go with Stan's fresh juice. Help yourself.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:48 AM
Admin Team Leader

Wow Ed I was sitting here thinking how good a fried egg sandwich would taste after plowing snow mmmmmm yummy
Old 02-16-2015, 08:50 AM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by Scotty
Call it a cucumber if you like.
Just cuz its green.
Hey not my fault Shorts ran over my cucumber in the grocery store...I am just thankful she missed my Kiwis!

Originally Posted by Scotty
Another week of daily packing changes.

Lovely
Hang in there Bro...Clint will show up sooner or later with some good Bourbon to fix what ails ya

Quick Reply: *** Diesel Sniffers' Breakroom 2/15/15 - 2/21/15