Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*** Diesel Sniffers' Breakroom 2/15/15 - 2/21/15

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 10:30 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
*** Diesel Sniffers' Breakroom 2/15/15 - 2/21/15

Welcome to the new and somewhat improved breakroom all y'all.
The dragon and I had a good discussion tonight. For breakfast we have maple bacon, ham steaks, hashbrowns, poached eggs, waffles, coffee, pH00 and an assortment of fresh fruit.
I hope everyone has an awesome new week.

We are having a weird weather phenomena in southern Alberta right now. It has been well above freezing for the past few days. Spring is going to be interesting

Play safe all y'all and see you in the morning after Sunday yoga.
Old 02-15-2015, 04:54 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Shhhh, dragon is asleep. Wow, what a spread. Sneaking around and grabbing some goodies and my ph00......................................umm, yummy

Gotta get ready for church - - y'all have a gudurn..

Bob
Old 02-15-2015, 05:44 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Sean, thanks for the grub! We finally have winter arriving. 9 degrees at the moment. Wx has a winter storm warning for us, expecting 4 to 8 inches. With the cold, about an inch an hour is what the tv said. I expect to get more. Not much compared to home and what some of you guys and girls get to play with, but snowmageddon for these parts.

Guess I'll put the blades on the tractor and the 4-wheeler today. County plows normally get stuck at the bottom of my road due to drifts....
Old 02-15-2015, 06:59 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Good morning everybody from a very chilly Paradise. Wish you northerners would keep that cold and windy stuff to yourselves and not spread it around. The last few days have been unusually cold and very windy. Not nice. Yesterday even had to forgo my shorts and wear long pants and a sweater while working outside. Terrible! The next couple of days may not be much better.

Sean, great spread, thanks. Am curious tho about that talk with the dragon and how it has improved the breakroom. Did you bring the dragon up to your level or did the dragon bring you up to it's level?

Decided to buy a new RO system rather than patch my old one up. It has been outside in the sun and rain for too many years. Found a system locally that is a huge improvement over my old Home Depot GE system. The old system had one filter before the membrane and one filter after. This new system has built in boost pump (24 volt) with a simple filter before the pump, then two complex filters after the pump. Then the membrane and then a smaller filter. So far it is great and makes oodles of water fast. The filters and the membrane are common parts and not oddball. Most of the parts appear to be made in Taiwan and the English instructions are almost undecipherable with really weird translations.

Gave my wife an Apple TV for Valentines and she is now happy that she can lay in bed and mirror what is on her iPad on to the large TV in the bedroom.

Time for another cuppa. Ciao.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:27 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Jut for your amusement, here are some examples of the tortured English from the instructions sheet that came with the new RO system

Installation location choice;
- Please choose have water. power and discharge wastewater place.
- Please choose will note be affected by high fever of frozen place.

Then further on in the instructions;
Any fits must be installed wraps stopped leaks belt packed main parts, rotating in a clockwise direction to lock up.

Then water inlet three way locked in the previous discard of taps will remain head of the water hole after put the plating ball valve locked in water inlet of three.

And so it went on.....
Old 02-15-2015, 07:45 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stan, sean good to hear from you! not good that you have swapped weather.

it is 8 below and will get colder. right now the sun is out so who cares....

gonna swap vehicles back with son and enjoy a free breakfast!

lar rrrry could you get that high item off the grocery shelf for me?
snicker snicker new movie Shades of Green
Old 02-15-2015, 07:56 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I sooooo feel like a steak in a meat market

Morning folks! another cold day here going to get the snow plow out of the garage and clear the driveway....waiting on Spring here
Old 02-15-2015, 10:35 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
I've lost all my appeal, I only get approach by little old blue haired ladies now.
30° freezing rain last night, expecting a lot more tomorrow. Back to that just below freezing at night and into the 40°s during the day. Breaking the 1st gen out of mothballs and putting the studs on it. Hope it survives.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:59 AM

Horrors! 8 -12" now for the forecast. Think I ought to go to the store for Bread and milk???? Think not....(I don't have Lary's trouble, not even Cougar's, ..Hurt's my feelings!)
Old 02-15-2015, 01:04 PM

I hate those places all those single women treating me like a play thing
I don't get that problem much. But I have noticed the women in the North Platte walmart seem to be friendlier than the women in the McCook Walmart.
Originally Posted by sherod
Horrors! 8 -12" now for the forecast. Think I ought to go to the store for Bread and milk???? Think not....(I don't have Lary's trouble, not even Cougar's, ..Hurt's my feelings!)
Too late. If you took time to ask the big bread phenomenon's already hit.

Should go cut some firewood but don't really feel up to it. Using wood and propane alternately. Still well up over 20% on the tank. Just hope it warms up and stays mild again.

Hopefully my other w2 comes in soon. Would really like to get my tax return back and get some vehicular work done.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:13 PM

Hey Lary I notice there's a new member "dimaz09" whose sole post is "I like your post" on the stickied post about child safety seats in the "other" forum. And there's a picture attached to it that only comes up a small grey box with a darker grey X in it.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:28 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Happy Sunday all y'all, home from yoga, breakfast cooked and eaten and now it is time to enjoy the day. It might be warmer in southern Alberta today than where Stan lives. It is about 5C and the air is so clear that the mountains that are about 80 miles away look like they are less than 10 miles away.

Have a good day and play safe.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:36 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
Hey Lary I notice there's a new member "dimaz09" whose sole post is "I like your post" on the stickied post about child safety seats in the "other" forum. And there's a picture attached to it that only comes up a small grey box with a darker grey X in it.
That link was (the admins just killed it) a .tk link.

.tk is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Tokelau, a territory of New Zealand located in the South

It is famous for bad behavior.

Enjoy your new infection.

Seriously, deploy your virus scanner.
Old 02-15-2015, 02:30 PM

Ended up taking DW to town to get gas and grab a bite to eat. Went ahead a bought 1 loaf of bread and a gallon of milk. Stood in line at the checkout, opened the door for somebody, walked slow across the parking lot, not one whistle or wink. I'm really not feeling it. LARY and COUGAR must have a secret.....

Now, calling for 12-18". That will shut this place down for a week!
Old 02-15-2015, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by j_martin
That link was (the admins just killed it) a .tk link.

.tk is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Tokelau, a territory of New Zealand located in the South

It is famous for bad behavior.

Enjoy your new infection.

Seriously, deploy your virus scanner.
It's running. Been about due for a malwarebytes run anyhow, even though I haven't been online much lately. Still gotta run hijackthis.

Quick Reply: *** Diesel Sniffers' Breakroom 2/15/15 - 2/21/15